Z10 is my first ever "smartphone" and I loved it ever since I bought it from t-mobile. I was saving up for a passport but I prefer a digital keyboard and BlackBerry is still better than in that department ios and android in my opinion.

Not interested in the leap and I wasn't interested in the slider. But then I thought to myself how much bigger could it really be with the keyboard? I more than likely will never use the keyboard and in my opinion sometimes a bit more weight means a bit more toughness to the device.

So do you guys think it will be that big of a difference in the overall size compared to other smartphones?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 11:42 PM
    I loved my 9810 Torch slider. It was my favorite phone ever. I only hope that the new one is as good. I don't mind a thicker phone myself since I'm heavy handed and have above average hands. The Torch felt fat and funny at first but then I was in love.
    04-15-15 12:40 AM
    I loved my 9810 Torch slider. It was my favorite phone ever. I only hope that the new one is as good. I don't mind a thicker phone myself since I'm heavy handed and have above average hands. The Torch felt fat and funny at first but then I was in love.
    Agree with all of this. Newer sliders are thinner though, I'm guessing this phone will fall somewhere between the 9810 and my Q10 in terms of thickness. Like halfway in between.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 11:28 PM
    I don't think it will be as thick as we think. I could see it being bit thicker than the Z30 however the curved screen will give it a slimmer look and feel than it really is.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-17-15 11:02 PM
    It'll be a little thick for a phone but I don't it'll be thick in general.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    04-17-15 11:10 PM
    Doubt it will be thick like the olden days. Technology has improved 1000x over.

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.281
    04-17-15 11:17 PM
    I will say though the curved design may not fit well in my pocket. Still I'll wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 12:54 AM
    I loved the 9810. But I doubt this will be anything like that. This slider is sleek and elegant. The thing I worry about is key size (9810 keys were cramped for my fat thumbs) and how it will balance if the screen is so big and keys so low at bottom. Worried it will be "top" heavy when typing. But if those two are not issues this will be my next device

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 04:47 AM
    Oh and it could be thicker than Lord of the Rings and I'd still buy one.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 11:31 AM
    Why do we think it will be thick?

Considering we haven't seen the device with the exception of a 5 second glimpse of what may have been a prototype, there should be no assumptions as of yet. Need better leaks lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 03:09 PM
    I loved the 9810. But I doubt this will be anything like that. This slider is sleek and elegant. The thing I worry about is key size (9810 keys were cramped for my fat thumbs) and how it will balance if the screen is so big and keys so low at bottom. Worried it will be "top" heavy when typing. But if those two are not issues this will be my next device

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the Torch was by far my favourite phone. Had the Z10 and now the Classic and both have been underwhelming. Tried the Passport and liked some of the features but it was just not comfortable to use...

I can't wait to get more info on the proposed slider.
    CDM76 and MobileMadness002 like this.
    04-18-15 05:41 PM
    Many of us remember the brick-like BlackBerry Torch and think the new slider will be just the same, but keep in mind that the Torch was released FIVE YEARS ago. Technology advances a lot in five years - I'm sure the new phone won't be as bulky as the sliders we remember.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    04-22-15 11:03 AM
    I'd like it as thick and to take up space if needed, give it a monstrous battery. I use a holster so the weight is of no concern.
    04-22-15 12:45 PM
    Many of us remember the brick-like BlackBerry Torch and think the new slider will be just the same, but keep in mind that the Torch was released FIVE YEARS ago. Technology advances a lot in five years - I'm sure the new phone won't be as bulky as the sliders we remember.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    BlackBerry has already publicly stated that it will be thin enough that some users may never open the slider and use as a touch screen only. This leads me to believe that it will NOT be Torch like.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 01:25 PM
    Thick phones need love too...

I loved my 9810 as well, but this should be a better experience given the looks of the keyboard in the images (if the hardware isn't changed much before release). That was the one gripe I had with the 9810. The physical keyboard was too sunken in and the keys were a little bit too small. If they add something closer to the ones in the current PKB devices (as it appears they will), this could get interesting.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    04-22-15 02:05 PM
    I'd love it to have a huge battery, but it needs to be attractive, not only functional. These days no one makes sliders anymore (maybe except for japanese market), BlackBerry should do something different (like they did with the Passport), so they grab some media attention and with great specs (so they grab positive media attention! )
    If it has good looks I'll replace my Z30 in a heartbeat

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 02:15 PM
    I'd love it to have a huge battery, but it needs to be attractive, not only functional. These days no one makes sliders anymore (maybe except for japanese market), BlackBerry should do something different (like they did with the Passport), so they grab some media attention and with great specs (so they grab positive media attention! )
    If it has good looks I'll replace my Z30 in a heartbeat

Posted via CB10
    I can only speak for me, but if you told someone your Z30 could last a proper 3 days. They would be so amazed and probably buy one. Smart-phones today have shocking battery life simply because everything is so high powered to watch kitty videos on youtube :P

Galaxy S6 isn't to great.

I'm hoping for a 3,450mah + battery in the slider. BlackBerry needs to go balls to the wall and make it something great something people will look back on and say "that device was something special"

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    04-22-15 03:22 PM
    I can only speak for me, but if you told someone your Z30 could last a proper 3 days. They would be so amazed and probably buy one. Smart-phones today have shocking battery life simply because everything is so high powered to watch kitty videos on youtube :P

Galaxy S6 isn't to great.

I'm hoping for a 3,450mah + battery in the slider. BlackBerry needs to go balls to the wall and make it something great something people will look back on and say "that device was something special"

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    I'm hoping for 3800mah + battery because of the big screen

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 03:45 PM
    I think it's going to be thinner than most people think, with a non-removable battery. This way it won't alienate the all touch fans, and hopefully they will use it as a full touch and never use the slide. 2 birds, 1 stone.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 05:11 PM
    I dont feel a battery on par or better than the passport is realistic given the fact that they'll be looking to keep the thickness down - the device will already have to be fairly thick to account for the two sliding sections.

But a modest 2500mah might be within the realms of possibility.

I suppose it depends how they implement the battery within the design, if its tall and thin (and non-removable) it may still pack a hefty mah. Here's hoping!

Z30 / Q5 / Q10 / 10.3.1.2582
    04-23-15 12:37 AM
    I dont feel a battery on par or better than the passport is realistic given the fact that they'll be looking to keep the thickness down - the device will already have to be fairly thick to account for the two sliding sections.

But a modest 2500mah might be within the realms of possibility.

I suppose it depends how they implement the battery within the design, if its tall and thin (and non-removable) it may still pack a hefty mah. Here's hoping!

Z30 / Q5 / Q10 / 10.3.1.2582
    Yep, look at the one plus one for example. It's really thin, yet packs a 3100 mAh battery.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 08:13 AM
    I'd easily prefer a thick device over a thin one with a weak battery.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 02:30 PM
    I'd easily prefer a thick device over a thin one with a weak battery.

Posted via CB10
    Same.

Although too thick would be bad.

I'd be fine with just slightly thicker than the passport

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 02:47 PM
    Same.

Although too thick would be bad.

I'd be fine with just slightly thicker than the passport

Posted via CB10
    My first phone was an old Audiovox back in '97 or so. That phone was literally as thick as it was wide. Looked like a tiny brick. So...not that wide lol.

I haven't held a Passport yet but I've seen pics and know its thickness. Something like 1.5 Passports thick sounds good.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-23-15 10:56 PM
    Altho I understand the argument for thickness / thinness I'm more worried about it being top heavy. With the rectangular shape it may be hard to properly balance it and ensure comfortable typing.

IMHO thickness is secondary issue. Ideally Z30 thickness or a few mm more.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 12:27 AM
28 12