09-17-15 03:11 PM
214 ... 34567 ...
tools
    But is using Gmail or the same apps on BB10 safer than using them on Android?
    Not really any different, although the sandbox on BB10 does not allow kernel access to nefarious Android apps.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-13-15 12:14 PM
    iptables? Do you have a guide?

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    Exactly, there is an App called Droid Wall. It offers Whitelist iptables filtering, which is absolutely great and I really miss on BB10.

Controlling which App has permission to access the Internet is a great thing.

Posted via CB10
    powereds likes this.
    09-13-15 12:24 PM
    Please come with BB10... Please come with BB10... Please please PLEASE!!
    Allanon89 likes this.
    09-13-15 12:28 PM
    Exactly, there is an App called Droid Wall. It offers Whitelist iptables filtering, which is absolutely great and I really miss on BB10.

Controlling which App has permission to access the Internet is a great thing.

Posted via CB10
    DroidWall is nice and as what you've said it's based on iptables. Thanks for the info.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    09-13-15 01:03 PM
    That's Tim Allen's hand btw,haha!!
    09-13-15 01:05 PM
    That honestly wouldn't surprise me. LOL

Posted via CB10
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    09-13-15 02:18 PM
    Wait.. I thought he liked Tools not t......

Posted via CB10
    eldricho likes this.
    09-13-15 02:31 PM
    Image isn't clear, too much speculation. I first thought it was a leap.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 03:30 PM
    Image isn't clear, too much speculation. I first thought it was a leap.

Posted via CB10
    All current BlackBerry touch models have the 'Blackberry' name at the bottom.

This one also has a curved screen.

There isn't much doubt about this.

09-13-15 03:34 PM
    All current BlackBerry touch models have the 'Blackberry' name at the bottom.

This one also has a curved screen.

There isn't much doubt about this.

Yup you may be right, flipped the image, looks abit clearer, almost like the is a casing beneath it.

Slider spotted at Toronto Film Festival-crackberry-image_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 03:44 PM
    This is my main gripe with the idea of a slider phone... I want a Classic-styled phone with a taller screen. That is all.
    IF it is like my 9810, it will be buttery smooth and not an extra step at all. As you pick up the phone you just gently slide your thumb upward. The screen comes alive and the PKB is there for your input.
    ayngling likes this.
    09-13-15 03:47 PM
    Yup. I said BB10 fanboys. Never said all BB10 users. BB10 fanboys are BB10 users but not all BB10 users are BB10 fanboys..

Misinterpretation...

Posted via C5303
    And I never interpreted you to say all BB10 users. Not all BB10 users are opposed to having an Android powered BlackBerry. I'm talking about the BB10 users who ARE opposed to an Android powered BB, which, like your comment suggests, would shudder at that image. So, again, not all BB10 users, but are the BB10 users who are opposed to an Android powered BB fanboys?
    09-13-15 04:19 PM
    I love BB10, but I am still open to seeing how this will work, especially because of the reality that not enough people also love BB10 to support a small bakery, let alone a device manufacturing business.

On the other hand, you have others that will have BlackBerry offer nothing BUT BB10 (even if it means the end of BlackBerry handsets).

I know you're a smart guy. Which do you think he was referring to?

Posted via CB10
    It's weird how everything has to be so black and white with everyone. Just because someone wouldn't want to use a BB powered by Android, that means they don't want BB to offer anything but BB10?? We simply don't want them to STOP offering BB10. It's that simple. I don't think I've ever demanded that they never offer an Android device. What someone else is using is of no concern of mine, if they want a BB running Android, cool, doesn't affect me at all. But if it means they will abandon BB10 and make all future updates and devices Android only, THAT's what we are fearing when we see all of this talk about Android powered BB. Making any sense now?
    09-13-15 04:23 PM
    Remember guys, the grass isn't always greener on the other side don't hype yourself up too much, especially if you haven't used Android before, best to engage with mild optimism imho
    I've used Android before. Very "meh." It seems they put more thought into making things look cute than actual function in some places. But what I mostly am worried about is how the keyboard would be integrated. Since Android is mostly made for all-touch devices, I'm pretty sure the keyboard functions other than typing would be neglected. Things like one-button speed dialing, instant actions, type and go, keyboard shortcuts within apps, things that happen the moment you do something on the keyboard without any interaction with the screen. I'm kind of guessing that putting a physical keyboard on an Android device will mean it's only use will be for typing. Which in my opinion is only like 30% of the reason why I prefer to have a physical keyboard... And also, I like the BB10 gestures a lot more than the ones for Android. How you need to swipe from the top of the screen to see notifications, that's much harder to do (due to reaching issues with your thumb) one-handed without shifting your grip than swiping up from the bottom. Not to mention, the peek function in BB10 lets you see everything, unread or not, while the notifications only show you unread ones...

So unless they make a UI that completely simulates BB10, all keyboard shortcuts, all keyboard functions, the gestures, everything, I'm not too interested in having Android on my phone. I don't care about downloading a million apps... I use my phone mainly for communication and looking up information. Right now I'm still always the first to find everything among my friends and their sea of "cooler" all-touch devices. I'd like to keep it that way.
    09-13-15 04:29 PM
    What I'm mostly worried of is having to give my details and so on to google.

I choose BlackBerry not to use Apple or Google services on my phone, so now.... not sure what will happen.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 04:32 PM
    This is my main gripe with the idea of a slider phone... I want a Classic-styled phone with a taller screen. That is all.
    I don't even care for a taller screen. I actually like that I can reach all corners of my screen without shifting my grip on the phone and the keyboard at the same time... I'm all about efficiency, watching movies or playing games doesn't even enter my train of thought when I'm thinking about buying a mobile phone. But that's all personal preference. Others definitely care about that, but I simply don't. I play games on my gaming PC and watch movies on my 40" and if I get more money, a bigger screen than that, lol.
    09-13-15 04:33 PM
    It probably usually comes down to user preference, but if they have both VKB and PKB I can see the benefits (even if it takes 1 extra step to use the PKB).
    If I'm replying to quick texts, I would see myself using the VKB. But if I need to draft an e-mail or reply to multiple e-mails, I can see how the PKB could help get through multiple messages quicker.
    But you're only thinking about the keyboard in terms of typing. Honestly, accurate typing is one of my major needs in my device, which is why I love the physical keyboard over the "depend on auto-correct" virtual keyboards, but that really only accounts for like half of the reason why I love it. I constantly use the shortcuts, instant actions, one-button speed dialing, etc. And for that, if I needed to slide out the keyboard first, even if it's fast, it kind of negates that "always there" aspect where the shortcuts and actions can be initiated in an instant without thinking about it... So I personally still prefer a fixed keyboard device, but I hope the slider does well because I know there are others who want something like that.
    ayngling and MO3iusONE like this.
    09-13-15 04:36 PM
    Not only that, but everyone that owned a slider phone before, knows that sliding the keyboard out becomes like second nature.

Posted via CB10
    Still added time and another mechanism that could break. KISS is my philosophy for everything, lol.
    09-13-15 04:36 PM

I choose BlackBerry not to use Apple or Google services on my phone, so now.... not sure what will happen.

Posted via CB10
    Don't worry, remember that Google allowed the NSA to install "Security enhancements" to their OS's so you know you're safe! ;-)
    09-13-15 04:37 PM
    It's coming soon
    Slider spotted at Toronto Film Festival-img_20150913_161336.png

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 04:41 PM

Posted via CB10

But you're likely already using Google services anyway... GMail, Google search, etc.
    09-13-15 04:42 PM
    me thinks you know more than what you are saying bla1ze

jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    09-13-15 04:45 PM
    But you're likely already using Google services anyway... GMail, Google search, etc.
    I definitely like using Gmail and Google Maps, but I'm trying to move away service providers that may potentially compromise my privacy.
    One of the first things I started doing was using Firefox instead of Chrome for my browser and then migrated to BB OS after using Android for about 6 handsets.
    Allanon89 likes this.
    09-13-15 04:49 PM
    It's coming soon
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150913_161336.png 
Views:	5386 
Size:	483.2 KB 
ID:	371160

Posted via CB10
    Where is this picture from?
    09-13-15 04:50 PM
    It's coming soon