I believe that is based on John Chen saying that the slider would be out by the end of the year.
    And no one knows... calendar year / fiscal year...

And then you log into this account from your home WiFi, which if at least once used by anyone with Android phone, is known to Google to the street address level. And then, ... I have to stop, because will then need to write 2 page treatise "What Google knows about you"

Posted via CB10
    Tell me all about it.. :P #serious

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Passport 10.3.2.2639 
    09-14-15 02:22 PM
    The problem is that BB continues to OVERvalue this "security" argument.
    Of those 80 million people who once used BB less than 1% is left.
    Pretty sure that for the "normal consumer" (=the majority of that 80 mil) who crossed over to another platform since then, could give a rat's *** about this: "BB is the most secure phone" argument. The only people who have a BB solely for this Security aspect will still have that BB (High ranking state officials like Obama/Merkel/Generals etc/ High profile business folks, political dissidents etc) but let's be honest, give me one example where your typical Wallmart Joe said,,,,oh boy oh boy, am I glad that I had this highly secure Blackberry in stead of an iphone, Android or Windows Phone. The Celeb-icloud/snapchat scandal from some time ago did not make people go (back) to BB, no, they it made them more careful WITH THE SAME PHONES THEY CONTINUE TO USE. As BB does simply not deliver what Wallmart Joe (= majority of the lost 80 mil former users) wants. Wallmart Joe generally does not care if BB is the most secure phone. In practice it is of zero value. BB fails because they didn't had an answer to fullscreen touchscreens and because they failed to see what direction the smartphone market went (App stores). BB10 has failed. The sale numbers say enough over and over again. It's only logical for them to try to get a piece back of the smartphone cake by working together with the most successful guys now.

Sun-tzu already said it.....if your enemy is superior, evade him. If angry, Irritate him, if equally matched, fight and if not, split and re-evaluate. BB has been too arrogant in the past due to their former market share. They thought for too long that they are equally matched to the other guys, it's only logical to finally come to the conclusion that you can't fight forever and that it might be better to joint the "enemy" in stead of sinking ALONE.

I have been a BB fan since the start. I still use the BB 9900. But BB makes it just very hard for me to stay loyal. I for one would have been more than satisfied a couple of years ago to have a juiced-up 9900 (=more powerful battery, awesome camera) with 0S7 and a apps store that has all the "essential" apps people generally use in MODERN TIMES.

I will stick with 9900 til it dies (only for writing texts in words to go while on the go) and have a modern smartphone on the side. I will be the first one in line to buy the Venice. It's just silly to stick with BB10 over the long haul if it only costs BB beaucoup money to keep the couple of thousands who really REALLY love bb10 satisfied as it is their "loyal customerbase". I rather see bb survive by working together with other platforms than see them struggle and eventually dead in the smartphone world because they wanted to keep the <1% happy.
    It's a case of survival of the fittest; I think only ios and android will continue to exist in 10 years. A smart company does not wait 10 years to leave a sinking ship. The king BB os10 is dead, long live the android king. I find it VERY unfortunate, but it is just silly for normal consumer (and previous BB users of the past) to stay loyal if an OS just doesn't nail it for modern day use.

I heard that some comps have plans to have a dual os that you can easily switch?
    Maybe that would be interesting for the new venice. os10 + Android. Let people choose whatever OS they like and cater 2 types of customers at the same time: the "loyalists of OS10" and the people who want Android and their ecosystem but with a physical BB keyboard.

http://iconosquare.com/tag/blackberryvenice/
    I agree that the majority of people don't care about security. They say they do and pretend they do, but if it in any way goes against their ability to "fit in" or be "cool" they don't bother with it.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    pomidor likes this.
    09-14-15 02:30 PM
    I wouldn't say they were resistant to change.... as most of the 80 Million did move on to a different device over the last two years. But yeah BlackBerry was not able to make those conversions as I think they expected would happen. But don't blame the "users", blame BlackBerry for not offering a product that meet their needs.

BlackBerry spent too much time trying to do things "their way" and not enough time... just copying the best parts of Android, WebOS or iOS. The PlayBook should have taught them a number of lessons...
    Resistant in the sense that if they were to buy another BlackBerry, it would need to be the same, just with more modern hardware. (See the post below yours, #175) Once it was apparent that BB10 wasn't the same, change was forced and people looked at all their options. If the Slider is Android only, I suspect a bunch of BB10 users will be looking at other options.

BB10, I would say, and the reason I went with BB10, is because BlackBerry incorporated a lot of webOS and Nokia Maemo OS features (see Nokia N9 "Swipe"). Android and iOS have copied and are still copying those features today - notifications, swipe to switch apps, swipe up to kill an app, etc. BlackBerry didn't start incorporating BBOS features, BBOS hotkeys and toolbelt, for example, until users demanded it.
    Allanon89 likes this.
    09-14-15 02:30 PM
    But you're likely already using Google services anyway... GMail, Google search, etc.
    Well, actually no.

I self-host my own emails, contacts, calendars, files, webapps, etc.

I really wish not to have to activate Google ID or any sort of accounts. I don't want to be tracked and monitored 24/7

Posted via CB10
    yyz321 likes this.
    09-14-15 03:07 PM
    Lol, that, to me, shows NOTHING

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 03:45 PM
    My issue with Android is all the bloat ware that gets loaded onto it... [snip]
    Incidently, I am pretty sure we'll see the majority of the tech press brutally pan the device, over BlackBerry's ruining their pure and pristine Android with bloatware such as the Hub and BBM, with none of the forgivness grudgingly extended to e.g. Samsung's TouchWiz... :P
    09-14-15 05:13 PM
    Incidently, I am pretty sure we'll see the majority of the tech press brutally pan the device, over BlackBerry's ruining their pure and pristine Android with bloatware such as the Hub and BBM, with none of the forgivness grudgingly extended to e.g. Samsung's TouchWiz... :P
    I'm not sure where or why TouchWiz would ever get a break. It has never deserved one
    09-14-15 05:49 PM
    already ******** about the phone and possible case!!!

Maybe its a temp case to hide it
    09-14-15 06:00 PM
    already ******** about the phone and possible case!!!

Maybe its a temp case to hide it
    it is, sort of.
    09-14-15 06:16 PM
    My opinion is that is doesn't look like a case to me either...it may more so be the thickness of the device given the fact that's probably the top layer that slides upward to reveal the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 09:25 PM
    Another sighting: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lider-1038391/

This one apparently had a flip case with see through front window that allows you to still use swipe gestures while closed.

 RED PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 on Telus
    Attachment 371314
    Last edited by nward2010; 09-14-15 at 09:38 PM.
    09-14-15 09:28 PM
    I just hope the software actually works. My gut is really leaning toward it being buggy but that's only because they basically took all of their important bb features and converted them to android in less than 2 years ( I'm guessing) what's the likelihood of it having solid performance and functionality. I use iOS bbm and it still has its 'quirks' to this day
    09-14-15 09:40 PM
    Its a bit strange that Bla1ze had not posted this on the CrackBerry front page, unlike the other leaks from Vietnam.
    I did post it to the front page though - BerryFlow Upstream Podcast - TIFF | CrackBerry.com.. I just didn't make a big deal out of it because quite frankly, the image is a step backward from the already existing leaked photos.
    09-15-15 06:44 AM

Slider spotted at Toronto Film Festival-img_20150915_175233_hdr.jpg

09-15-15 10:53 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150915_175233_hdr.jpg 
Views:	1493 
Size:	152.7 KB 
ID:	371380

That looks so freaking thick! It will never sell.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 11:11 AM
    Slider spotted at Toronto Film Festival-co_uzz9xaaavtoh.png
    Slider spotted at Toronto Film Festival-co_uagywcaaca7n.png
    Slider spotted at Toronto Film Festival-co_ucfiweaay3jq.png
    Slider spotted at Toronto Film Festival-co_udfrwgaagb5s.png

 RED PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 on Telus
    WT44 likes this.
    09-15-15 09:44 PM
    Nope, it's a Passport-like metal frame. Not a case imho

Attachment 371031

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry but I own a passport with this same case, not to be a buzz kill but that's a passport just look at the screen, where is it curved?

Passport  - Tthe Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Apparel | Headshop | Vapeshop | Tattoos
    09-16-15 12:39 AM
    I'm sorry but I own a passport with this same case, not to be a buzz kill but that's a passport just look at the screen, where is it curved?

Passport  - Tthe Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Apparel | Headshop | Vapeshop | Tattoos
    The volume rockers on the Passport are much higher than the ones on this picture, so definitely not a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 12:43 AM
    The volume rockers on the Passport are much higher than the ones on this picture, so definitely not a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't see that, this is true, but it doesn't look like a slider with a curved screen to me.

09-16-15 12:46 AM
    Maybe the passport se has them lower not sure. The screen looks passportish though.

09-16-15 12:47 AM
    I didn't see that, this is true, but it doesn't look like a slider with a curved screen to me.

The picture looks like it was digitally zoomed in. That and the amount of light and the angle can mislead you.

You wouldn't say this is a curved phone:

Slider spotted at Toronto Film Festival-blackberry-venice-shows-18-megapixel-camera-microsdslot.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 12:55 AM
    Maybe the passport se has them lower not sure. The screen looks passportish though.

I see what you mean, but the SE volume rockers have the same location.

Slider spotted at Toronto Film Festival-passport_silver_2device.jpg

Posted via CB10
    cyrilfournier likes this.
    09-16-15 12:57 AM
    It's a slider, simple as that unless you'll deciding if it's a bear or a duck..

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 05:51 AM
    Nice photoshop man.

Posted via CB10

Photoshop...until it's not.
    And now it's not...

Slider spotted at Toronto Film Festival-blackberry-venice-aa-71-840x1132.jpg
    09-16-15 12:57 PM
    And now it's not...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackBerry-Venice-AA-71-840x1132.jpg 
Views:	2059 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	371644
    How's battery life though
    Mecca EL and anon(9208252) like this.
    09-16-15 01:03 PM
214 ... 6789