DroidWall is nice and as what you've said it's based on iptables. Thanks for the info.

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    You're welcome. Now let's hope the Slider will get rooted one day.

BTW I bet the name of the Slider will be "Slider"!

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 01:10 AM
    According to today's BerryFlow session the picture was taken by Brandon Orr while he was walking, and he saw more than one slider at the TIFF event.
    Big yawn. If he and others are claiming they saw several people sporting this device then why do we only see this vague crappy photograph?

The only right answer====>

[...]and all the secrecy and leaks have been an elaborate viral marketing campaign.
    I just read a few articles in international media that say the exact same thing......"several spotted at the event already, so must be released soon" bla bla bla. Not a fan of hyping stuff up. I mean, look at how it went with the Classic in different color schemes.....Almost a year before blue came out and bronze TBA lol.
    If a company announces a phone or presents new colors then they shouldn't wait multiple months (to almost a year) to release. I have to give it to Apple for releasing more quickly after a announcement.

That said, not sure who or what the source is in regards to "November" being the month that the Slider will get released.........
    Last edited by WT44; 09-14-15 at 10:18 AM.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    09-14-15 05:02 AM
    Another blackberry hail-mary when it's 4th and inches on the goal-line.

Blackberry is only confirming by putting out an android powered BlackBerry device to the audience that believes the company is dead. Let's face it, there are a lot of people that believe blackberry went out of business eons ago.

Most consumers purchase products that is deemed "relevant", and with a good marketing campaign crappy products can thrive and control a substantial amount of market share. Now I'm not saying that IOS and Android is total crap, but compared to BB10 in my opinion is not worth the money that are asking for (it's crappy lol). Non investors probably wouldn't know of BlackBerry's turnaround if it wasn't for Crackberry (in my opinion) .

End of Rant!

Working Wide with my Passport to Perfection
    09-14-15 08:23 AM
    I have an ipad mini because it's required but it's so awful having to go back to using a physical home button all the time when using it. It feels like going back in time.

No way I could do that for a phone which would be used much more.
    There are times... I have REALLY wished that BlackBerry had a HOME button.

Gestures are great, but you get down a few levels in the HUB and it takes too many swipes to get back out.
    09-14-15 08:35 AM
    What ru going to do for fun once this thing is actually released and u dont have all of CB to tease anymore? Lol

Posted via CB10
    Write about all the great Android apps we'll all have access to without having to wonder 'Gee, I hope this crappy workaround works for everyone' and you know, start up a CrackBerry Snapchat LOL.
    09-14-15 08:51 AM

Gestures are great, but you get down a few levels in the HUB and it takes too many swipes to get back out.
    Swipe back with your finger on the back icon, goes right back to the hub!

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 08:57 AM
    Such a horrible product portfolio!

Posted via Z30
    Yes it is not very appealing.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 09:16 AM
    That said, not sure who or what the source is in regards to "November" being the month that the Slider will get released.........
    I believe that is based on John Chen saying that the slider would be out by the end of the year.
    Last edited by BB-JAM215; 09-14-15 at 12:07 PM.
    WT44 likes this.
    09-14-15 09:27 AM

Call end button on the Classic.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-14-15 10:40 AM
    Call end button on the Classic.

or Swipe Up from the Bezel.
    09-14-15 10:50 AM
    Its a bit strange that Bla1ze had not posted this on the CrackBerry front page, unlike the other leaks from Vietnam. Just bits of teases in this forum. me reckon NDA.. and likely many more testing this slider here at the home of BB. That pic of BB10 running on Android seals the deal for me. You obviously know more than you want us to know for now, Bla1ze
    09-14-15 10:57 AM
    whats that white powder on the phone? Nefarious.
    09-14-15 11:03 AM
    I have to give it to Apple for releasing more quickly after a announcement.
    I said this a while ago in another thread... nobody does it like Apple. I may not like iOS as an OS, and how Apple tries to vendor lock-in all their customers, but these people sure know how to do business. From end to end they are the best. The moment they announce a new product it is practically in their stores the next day. From the moment a customer walks into the store to buy it they are supported from cradle to grave of owning that product. The products tie together seamlessly and they are all easy to use. It's no wonder they are as successful as they are. Apple executes flawlessly. Blackberry could learn a thing or ten from them. Lol.
    09-14-15 11:07 AM
    I said this a while ago in another thread... nobody does it like Apple. I may not like iOS as an OS, and how Apple tries to vendor lock-in all their customers, but these people sure know how to do business. From end to end they are the best. The moment they announce a new product it is practically in their stores the next day. From the moment a customer walks into the store to buy it they are supported from cradle to grave of owning that product. The products tie together seamlessly and they are all easy to use. It's no wonder they are as successful as they are. Apple executes flawlessly. Blackberry could learn a thing or ten from them. Lol.
    I would not say they execute flawlessly or that I like their products.... But I know my wife is very happy with both her iPad and iPhone, and has almost no technical issues with either. And that as soon as her contract is up my daughter will be moving to an iPhone also. (my biggest regret is talking her into a Z10).

But yeah, I don't understand why BlackBerry thinks they have to reinvent the smartphone business....
    09-14-15 11:22 AM
    Its a bit strange that Bla1ze had not posted this on the CrackBerry front page, unlike the other leaks from Vietnam. Just bits of teases in this forum. me reckon NDA.. and likely many more testing this slider here at the home of BB. That pic of BB10 running on Android seals the deal for me. You obviously know more than you want us to know for now, Bla1ze
    This makes it sound like you want Blaze to just say "Screw the NDA, the fans want answers, and I will answer them."
    09-14-15 11:48 AM
    I have a gmail account, it has none of my real info and I only use it for craigslist ads, so the annoying emails don't flood my real email account, lol.

And then you log into this account from your home WiFi, which if at least once used by anyone with Android phone, is known to Google to the street address level. And then, ... I have to stop, because will then need to write 2 page treatise "What Google knows about you"

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 11:52 AM
    Screen doesn't look like edge

 CB10 - Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639 
    09-14-15 11:58 AM
    Big yawn. If he and others are claiming they saw several people sporting this device then why do we only see this vague crappy photograph?

The only right answer====>

I just read a few articles in international media that say the exact same thing......"several spotted at the event already, so must be released soon" bla bla bla. Not a fan of hyping stuff up. I mean, look at how it went with the Classic in different color schemes.....Almost a year before blue came out and bronze TBA lol.
    If a company announces a phone or presents new colors then they shouldn't wait multiple months (to almost a year) to release. I have to give it to Apple for releasing more quickly after a announcement.

How many times have you read on the forums that BlackBerry needs to communicate more, especially to their "loyal fans", who demand new info constantly about what they're up to?

Little bits of info leaked here and there and it's an "announcement"? You're reading a BlackBerry fan forum, not general gadget site. Of course you'll know more than the general public. If there's any general press that catches onto something, chances are, they got the info from here or some other fan site.

I do agree that if they do official announcements, they need to get the announced devices out ASAP. For example, there shouldn't have been a public showing of the prototype Slider. Sites like this will have rumors enough from various leaks to keep fans interested, but the official unveiling should be when it's ready and available.
    09-14-15 12:00 PM
    But yeah, I don't understand why BlackBerry thinks they have to reinvent the smartphone business....
    It's more like they thought there was more value in security, which they couldn't control with going with Android. They also had a user base of almost 80 million, which they thought they could covert. Unfortunately that user base was resistant to change. At the time, Apple was the dominant new player and perhaps their hardware/software coupling looked a lot better than being another Android OEM.
    09-14-15 12:06 PM
    ...That pic of BB10 running on Android seals the deal for me. You obviously know more than you want us to know for now, Bla1ze
    That startup screen image has nothing to do with BlackBerry OS 10 running on Android, it's just indicating it is a BlackBerry phone running on the Google Android OS. Other's who say they have seen the Slider say that it says "Powered by Android" when it starts up.

It looks like it will include some components of the Android BlackBerry Experience Suite, but it's not going to be running BB10.
    09-14-15 12:19 PM
    And then you log into this account from your home WiFi, which if at least once used by anyone with Android phone, is known to Google to the street address level. And then, ... I have to stop, because will then need to write 2 page treatise "What Google knows about you"

Posted via CB10
    Well, if someone with an Android has used my wifi, I would know about it since I have MAC address filtering on it...

09-14-15 12:19 PM
    It's more like they thought there was more value in security, which they couldn't control with going with Android. They also had a user base of almost 80 million, which they thought they could covert. Unfortunately that user base was resistant to change. At the time, Apple was the dominant new player and perhaps their hardware/software coupling looked a lot better than being another Android OEM.
    Android was garbage when they decided to go Bb10, especially on the security front. Look how long it has taken to get security into the OS even from companies focused only in that. I remember when the PlayBook launched and the Honeycomb fiasco happened, and it looked like BlackBerry had still made the right choice. Unfortunately BlackBerry over estimated it's ability and thought they could build their own OS from the ground up on a micro kernel in just a year. They were wrong, and in BlackBerry's constant missteps, Android has improved and cornered the mid and low end smart phone markets. IMHO, BB10 has the best UI and, when apps are taken out of the equation is the best OS available. But you can't take apps out of the equation and BlackBerry has excelled at killing off developer relations. I bet if devs could, many would blacklist the slider from Google Play store just to spite BlackBerry more for all the years of poor treatment.

Posted via Z30
    09-14-15 12:36 PM
    According to today's BerryFlow session the picture was taken by Brandon Orr while he was walking, and he saw more than one slider at the TIFF event.
    Yeah, I just finished watching it too. Nice story. Hey, at least he got to see them in real life hands, eh? There's sure to be official media soon. It should be an exciting Fall/Christmas season in BlackBerry World.
    09-14-15 12:47 PM
    I wouldn't say they were resistant to change.... as most of the 80 Million did move on to a different device over the last two years. But yeah BlackBerry was not able to make those conversions as I think they expected would happen. But don't blame the "users", blame BlackBerry for not offering a product that meet their needs.

BlackBerry spent too much time trying to do things "their way" and not enough time... just copying the best parts of Android, WebOS or iOS. The PlayBook should have taught them a number of lessons...
    09-14-15 01:15 PM
    The problem is that BB continues to OVERvalue this "security" argument.
    Of those 80 million people who once used BB less than 1% is left.
    Pretty sure that for the "normal consumer" (=the majority of that 80 mil) who crossed over to another platform since then, could give a rat's *** about this: "BB is the most secure phone" argument. The only people who have a BB solely for this Security aspect will still have that BB (High ranking state officials like Obama/Merkel/Generals etc/ High profile business folks, political dissidents etc) but let's be honest, give me one example where your typical Wallmart Joe said,,,,oh boy oh boy, am I glad that I had this highly secure Blackberry in stead of an iphone, Android or Windows Phone. The Celeb-icloud/snapchat scandal from some time ago did not make people go (back) to BB, no, they it made them more careful WITH THE SAME PHONES THEY CONTINUE TO USE. As BB does simply not deliver what Wallmart Joe (= majority of the lost 80 mil former users) wants. Wallmart Joe generally does not care if BB is the most secure phone. In practice it is of zero value. BB fails because they didn't had an answer to fullscreen touchscreens and because they failed to see what direction the smartphone market went (App stores). BB10 has failed. The sale numbers say enough over and over again. It's only logical for them to try to get a piece back of the smartphone cake by working together with the most successful guys now.

Sun-tzu already said it.....if your enemy is superior, evade him. If angry, Irritate him, if equally matched, fight and if not, split and re-evaluate. BB has been too arrogant in the past due to their former market share. They thought for too long that they are equally matched to the other guys, it's only logical to finally come to the conclusion that you can't fight forever and that it might be better to joint the "enemy" in stead of sinking ALONE.

I have been a BB fan since the start. I still use the BB 9900. But BB makes it just very hard for me to stay loyal. I for one would have been more than satisfied a couple of years ago to have a juiced-up 9900 (=more powerful battery, awesome camera) with 0S7 and a apps store that has all the "essential" apps people generally use in MODERN TIMES.

I will stick with 9900 til it dies (only for writing texts in words to go while on the go) and have a modern smartphone on the side. I will be the first one in line to buy the Venice. It's just silly to stick with BB10 over the long haul if it only costs BB beaucoup money to keep the couple of thousands who really REALLY love bb10 satisfied as it is their "loyal customerbase". I rather see bb survive by working together with other platforms than see them struggle and eventually dead in the smartphone world because they wanted to keep the <1% happy.
    It's a case of survival of the fittest; I think only ios and android will continue to exist in 10 years. A smart company does not wait 10 years to leave a sinking ship. The king BB os10 is dead, long live the android king. I find it VERY unfortunate, but it is just silly for normal consumer (and previous BB users of the past) to stay loyal if an OS just doesn't nail it for modern day use.

I heard that some comps have plans to have a dual os that you can easily switch?
    Maybe that would be interesting for the new venice. os10 + Android. Let people choose whatever OS they like and cater 2 types of customers at the same time: the "loyalists of OS10" and the people who want Android and their ecosystem but with a physical BB keyboard.

http://iconosquare.com/tag/blackberryvenice/
    09-14-15 01:22 PM
214 ... 56789