It's coming soon
    Attachment 371160

Posted via CB10
    It's been 'coming soon' since March. Still hasn't landed at the FCC yet though, so there's that. They've imported a bunch around the world though.
    Justin Couto likes this.
    09-13-15 04:09 PM
    And I never interpreted you to say all BB10 users. Not all BB10 users are opposed to having an Android powered BlackBerry. I'm talking about the BB10 users who ARE opposed to an Android powered BB, which, like your comment suggests, would shudder at that image. So, again, not all BB10 users, but are the BB10 users who are opposed to an Android powered BB fanboys?
    Ergo, misinterpretation.

Posted via C5303
    09-13-15 04:30 PM
    No, but they may not be making any more BB10 devices.
    I don't believe that.

BB10 devices going forward according to my BlackBerry contact will be the Classic and maybe an all touch like we have now. Lower end devices for company issue. That's about it.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    09-13-15 05:00 PM
    It's coming soon
    Attachment 371160

Posted via CB10
    Where is this from?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 05:26 PM
    But you're likely already using Google services anyway... GMail, Google search, etc.
    I have a gmail account, it has none of my real info and I only use it for craigslist ads, so the annoying emails don't flood my real email account, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-13-15 05:30 PM
    If I saw someone with the Slider out in public, I would activate video mode in the camera, walk up to them, smile, give them the thumbs up while pointing to my BB10 device and then ask for a clear photo. This voyeur, peeping-over-the-shoulder shot is a little disappointing, considering the person using that Slider knew they might be "spotted!"
    09-13-15 05:31 PM
    Well, that's the fun part of the internet. You don't have to believe it. Kinda like if I post this...

Attachment 371063

Are you gonna believe it? Probably not.... until you see it with your own eyes right in front of you and that's OK, because no one cares if you believe it or not, except for you, which really is all that should matter.
    Nice photoshop man.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 05:40 PM
    I don't believe that.

BB10 devices going forward according to my BlackBerry contact will be the Classic and maybe an all touch like we have now. Lower end devices for company issue. That's about it.

I believe that even blackberry isn't sure of what to do. I think the slider will come with both BB10 and Android (on separate devices), and will serve as test bed to see how much sucessfull Android can be compared to BB10, and then decide from there

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    09-13-15 05:57 PM
    It's coming soon
    Attachment 371160

Posted via CB10
    Confirmed. Slider's official name is the BlackBerry ? and all the secrecy and leaks have been an elaborate viral marketing campaign.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 06:08 PM
    I don't believe that.

yeah its called the leap.
    m3mb3rsh1p and Plazmic Flame like this.
    09-13-15 06:34 PM
    yeah its called the leap.
    Yep.. maybe the Leap 2. Lol

09-13-15 08:22 PM
    If I saw someone with the Slider out in public, I would activate video mode in the camera, walk up to them, smile, give them the thumbs up while pointing to my BB10 device and then ask for a clear photo. This voyeur, peeping-over-the-shoulder shot is a little disappointing, considering the person using that Slider knew they might be "spotted!"
    According to today's BerryFlow session the picture was taken by Brandon Orr while he was walking, and he saw more than one slider at the TIFF event.
    09-13-15 08:31 PM
    My issue with Android is all the bloat ware that gets loaded onto it as well as recording every thing you do. Without the ability to root then I can't get rid of the bloat or choose what permissions an app gets. Like I can't turn off location services in facebook... why?! Need root to do it.

So no. BlackBerry going android doesn't excite me. If it can't be rooted then I'll be going to another phone that can be rooted. Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    Android Marshmallow has overhauled app permissions. You can revoke permissions individually, and an app will only ask once it actually needs the permission.
    09-13-15 09:00 PM
    The demand for BB10 is the reason this thing is likely to run Android in the first place.
    This phone running Android is why I will be buying my first phone in eight years that isn't a BlackBerry.

Posted via Z30
    09-13-15 09:11 PM
    Nice photoshop man.

Posted via CB10
    Photoshop...until it's not.
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    09-13-15 09:24 PM
    It's weird how everything has to be so black and white with everyone. Just because someone wouldn't want to use a BB powered by Android, that means they don't want BB to offer anything but BB10?? We simply don't want them to STOP offering BB10. It's that simple. I don't think I've ever demanded that they never offer an Android device. What someone else is using is of no concern of mine, if they want a BB running Android, cool, doesn't affect me at all. But if it means they will abandon BB10 and make all future updates and devices Android only, THAT's what we are fearing when we see all of this talk about Android powered BB. Making any sense now?
    The problem I see is that if they offer Android, it means the end of BB10, or at least a long hiatus in development which also means the end. The going line here is that BlackBerry can't do this, that or the other because they don't have the resources. Now BlackBerry is going to release and maintain an Android line of devices and a BB10 line? Sorry this is BlackBerry and they are too inept to pull that off. They will likely botch an Android launch like they did the PlayBook and Bb10 launches, or it will get rooted and they will get obliterated in the press.

Posted via Z30
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    09-13-15 09:24 PM
    It's coming soon
    Attachment 371160

Posted via CB10
    Such a horrible product portfolio!

Posted via Z30
    09-13-15 09:26 PM
    This phone running Android is why I will be buying my first phone in eight years that isn't a BlackBerry.

Posted via Z30
    So an iPhone then? Personally, I could never, because no sd slot, hardly any customization, and the general idea of form way over function.
    09-13-15 09:34 PM
    It's been 'coming soon' since March. Still hasn't landed at the FCC yet though, so there's that. They've imported a bunch around the world though.
    I know I've been excited ever since to see new info about it, so anything I see with a picture I usually save. And to everyone asking I found it on twitter when I was doing my daily check of any 'Venice' or 'slider' tags on every form of news. Fingers crossed for some official pictures soon. First week of October would be an awesome release.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 09:40 PM
    So an iPhone then? Personally, I could never, because no sd slot, hardly any customization, and the general idea of form way over function.
    Probably. T-Mobile has a great deal on them now. I'll get a 64 GB if I get one so won't miss the 64 GB SD I have now in my Z30. Android is second fiddle to iOS in developer land and if I'm going to change platforms, Android would be second choice, and a BlackBerry Android would be further down because I don't trust the company any more. Still haven't pulled the trigger, but I have MacBook Pro and some other Apple stuff so just makes better sense.

Posted via Z30
    09-13-15 09:47 PM
    Or an actual Android, which might be cheaper than one made by BB and will likely get better support, and might also run Android better...

09-13-15 10:25 PM
    I have an ipad mini because it's required but it's so awful having to go back to using a physical home button all the time when using it. It feels like going back in time.

No way I could do that for a phone which would be used much more.
    09-13-15 10:25 PM
    Or an actual Android, which might be cheaper than one made by BB and will likely get better support, and might also run Android better...

I find very few Android phones tick all the boxes for me. I like Nexus update speeds, but want an SD card slot. And the nexus 6 is just too big. As far as hardware goes, I really like Sony's ideas and water proofing doesn't hurt
    Edit: let's try to keep this back on topic
    09-13-15 10:34 PM
    Photoshop...until it's not.
    What ru going to do for fun once this thing is actually released and u dont have all of CB to tease anymore? Lol

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 12:47 AM
    What ru going to do for fun once this thing is actually released and u dont have all of CB to tease anymore? Lol
    I look forward to Bla1ze getting back to keeping us up to date on current BlackBerry products and software, including the slider and the next rumoured device.
    09-14-15 01:02 AM
214 ... 45678 ...