Ohh come on Johnny you know it's real right?
    Remember the song "Things That Make You Go Hmmm?"

Song title's quite fitting for this predicament.

Posted via C5303
    Uzi likes this.
    09-13-15 02:00 AM
    Nope, never said that. You've misinterpreted it.

Posted via C5303
    Your response was to a picture Bla1ze created saying that BB is powered by Android. "BB10 fanboys are probably shuddering at the sight of this..." So people who are "shuddering" at that thought, basically they disapprove of it or dread it, are fanboys. Please inform me of how else that should be interpreted. Thanks.
    09-13-15 03:55 AM
    I really hope it will be rooted. Then I can finally map the special characters like � � �, install a root firewall, an ad blocker and play Nintendo DS with this great keyboard!!! Can't wait to throw my money at BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 04:12 AM
    Are you guys seriously debating if the phone has a case on the pic?
    If it isn't as slippery as the IP6 is, I will certainly not use a case to start with. And no, I didn't let any of my BB's slip out of my hand EVER.
    zjays likes this.
    09-13-15 04:22 AM
    Your response was to a picture Bla1ze created saying that BB is powered by Android. "BB10 fanboys are probably shuddering at the sight of this..." So people who are "shuddering" at that thought, basically they disapprove of it or dread it, are fanboys. Please inform me of how else that should be interpreted. Thanks.
    Yup. I said BB10 fanboys. Never said all BB10 users. BB10 fanboys are BB10 users but not all BB10 users are BB10 fanboys..

Misinterpretation...

Posted via C5303
    09-13-15 05:33 AM
    I love BB10, but I am still open to seeing how this will work, especially because of the reality that not enough people also love BB10 to support a small bakery, let alone a device manufacturing business.

On the other hand, you have others that will have BlackBerry offer nothing BUT BB10 (even if it means the end of BlackBerry handsets).

I know you're a smart guy. Which do you think he was referring to?

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 05:49 AM
    I love BB10, but I am still open to seeing how this will work, especially because of the reality that not enough people also love BB10 to support a small bakery, let alone a device manufacturing business.

On the other hand, you have others that will have BlackBerry offer nothing BUT BB10 (even if it means the end of BlackBerry handsets).

I know you're a smart guy. Which do you think he was referring to?

Posted via CB10
    Nailed it.

Posted via C5303
    09-13-15 05:57 AM
    I really hope it will be rooted. Then I can finally map the special characters like � � �, install a root firewall, an ad blocker and play Nintendo DS with this great keyboard!!! Can't wait to throw my money at BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    iptables? Do you have a guide?

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    09-13-15 06:20 AM
    Look at the screen.. it looks like lolipop

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 06:59 AM
    Remember guys, the grass isn't always greener on the other side don't hype yourself up too much, especially if you haven't used Android before, best to engage with mild optimism imho
    brian4591 likes this.
    09-13-15 07:16 AM
    First Lewis Hamiliton,now this ,what a tease,little fuzzy sliders everywhere,haha
    I think its all been done to start a buzz for the slider
    09-13-15 07:34 AM
    Well, that's the fun part of the internet. You don't have to believe it. Kinda like if I post this...

Attachment 371063

Are you gonna believe it? Probably not.... until you see it with your own eyes right in front of you and that's OK, because no one cares if you believe it or not, except for you, which really is all that should matter.
    me thinks you know more than what you are saying bla1ze
    LazyEvul, 00stryder and brian4591 like this.
    09-13-15 07:37 AM
    Remember guys, the grass isn't always greener on the other side don't hype yourself up too much, especially if you haven't used Android before, best to engage with mild optimism imho
    Well, that's the case no matter what. Even If BlackBerry's implementation does turn out to be awesome,... you'll still have people looking back at BB10 through rose-colored glasses... just like how we still have a few looking back at the BBOS days and BIS with (very thick) rose-colored glasses.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and Erik_1991 like this.
    09-13-15 07:44 AM
    So if someone prefers BB10 over Android, they must be a fanboy? I'm not looking forward to using Android, I've tried them, meh. I won't be getting the slider anyhow, not a fan of the curved screen at all and don't like the added step to get to my keyboard. But I'm dreading that they will give up on BB10 and we'll all be forced to jump on the Android bandwagon... I guess that makes me a "fanboy."
    This is my main gripe with the idea of a slider phone... I want a Classic-styled phone with a taller screen. That is all.
    09-13-15 08:21 AM
    This is my main gripe with the idea of a slider phone... I want a Classic-styled phone with a taller screen. That is all.
    It probably usually comes down to user preference, but if they have both VKB and PKB I can see the benefits (even if it takes 1 extra step to use the PKB).
    If I'm replying to quick texts, I would see myself using the VKB. But if I need to draft an e-mail or reply to multiple e-mails, I can see how the PKB could help get through multiple messages quicker.
    Plazmic Flame and brian4591 like this.
    09-13-15 08:38 AM
    Well, that's the fun part of the internet. You don't have to believe it. Kinda like if I post this...

Attachment 371063

Are you gonna believe it? Probably not.... until you see it with your own eyes right in front of you and that's OK, because no one cares if you believe it or not, except for you, which really is all that should matter.
    Looks legit.
    09-13-15 08:42 AM
    They are NOT giving up on bb10.
    No, but they may not be making any more BB10 devices.
    09-13-15 09:08 AM
    It probably usually comes down to user preference, but if they have both VKB and PKB I can see the benefits (even if it takes 1 extra step to use the PKB).
    If I'm replying to quick texts, I would see myself using the VKB. But if I need to draft an e-mail or reply to multiple e-mails, I can see how the PKB could help get through multiple messages quicker.
    Not only that, but everyone that owned a slider phone before, knows that sliding the keyboard out becomes like second nature.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 09:14 AM
    So if someone prefers BB10 over Android, they must be a fanboy? I'm not looking forward to using Android, I've tried them, meh. I won't be getting the slider anyhow, not a fan of the curved screen at all and don't like the added step to get to my keyboard. But I'm dreading that they will give up on BB10 and we'll all be forced to jump on the Android bandwagon... I guess that makes me a "fanboy."
    To be fully android means Giving up the very fundamental of security out the window

Z10
    09-13-15 09:20 AM
    My issue with Android is all the bloat ware that gets loaded onto it as well as recording every thing you do. Without the ability to root then I can't get rid of the bloat or choose what permissions an app gets. Like I can't turn off location services in facebook... why?! Need root to do it.

So no. BlackBerry going android doesn't excite me. If it can't be rooted then I'll be going to another phone that can be rooted. Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh and Mansoor2 like this.
    09-13-15 09:23 AM
    I'm afraid I don't buy that story from whoever told it. This guy was walking around in the public purportedly with a slider but "doesn't want to break an NDA by flaunting it everywhere for cameras". How would he or she know that someone wasn't video taping him or her unknowingly or intentionally without his/her knowledge? Again, the story doesn't add up.
    Yeah and the TIFF where there are more photographers and cameras than anywhere else in Canada.
    neoberry99 and wincyUt like this.
    09-13-15 10:04 AM
    So no. BlackBerry going android doesn't excite me. If it can't be rooted then I'll be going to another phone that can be rooted. Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    This just has to lead to crowdfunded bounties on xda-developers to achieve root, or better yet, unlock the bootloader.
    09-13-15 10:52 AM

Attachment 371063

If you told me you saw or have seen it, I will buy your story The source matters. Always remember that "www" also stands for "wild wild west".
    09-13-15 10:56 AM
    To be fully android means Giving up the very fundamental of security out the window

Z10
    But is using Gmail or the same apps on BB10 safer than using them on Android?
    09-13-15 11:11 AM
    I think if you've been paying attention to everything that has been posted here recently, and by whom, you'll find that it does add up.
    To the contrary, I have been reading in between the lines. My statement is directed at the purported Slider sighting and not a response based on extrapolation of the rumours or speculations floating out there about this "Yeti" Slider.
    09-13-15 11:11 AM
214 ... 23456 ...