The android troll brigade are repeating the same old drivel without answering how it would even be possible, given the terms of the OHA.

There is also the RAM consideration : 3GB is fine for BB10 + the android run time. But for a smooth android experience with that huge high resolution screen, a minimum of 5GB would be required and it's not there.

The entire android argument is now the sole preserve of low IQ trolls, who don't have the first idea how to get a life.

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    lmfao minimum 5GB? The S6 only uses 3GB
    06-17-15 12:21 PM
    so if this is a slider, with a 5.4 screen, how much bigger does it get when you slide out the keyboard? another inch and a bit?
    Yeah if these specs are true when the keyboard is out this phone will be enormous. Hope its true though, may as well be unique and push the envelope. Now the question of what OS will be on the phone.
    06-17-15 12:34 PM
    I can work with the size or even being an Android Hybrid.......just depends on how well the device was put together. Besides, unless I'm utilizing it, the slider keyboard it will be closed. I'm more concerned about the final specs and battery life/size than anything else.
    06-17-15 12:36 PM
    The specs sound good, though I would like to hear about the battery.
    06-17-15 12:38 PM
    Jump to conclusions much?
    No. All you have to do is look at the developer side of BlackBerry 10 to know that they are not moving ahead with the OS. Also with those specs, it is targeted to an Android OS and not BB10. Native BB10 developers would have to some serious rewrites to be able to target that device.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    06-17-15 12:39 PM
    I don't think I would mind going from a 5.7" Note 3 to this 5.4" if:

- There's a microSDXC slot
    - The battery is removable
    - There's (optional) inductive charging
    - It is waterproof (which I miss from my S5)
    - There's more effort to bring essential Android apps to the Amazon Appstore, even if only distributed "AS IS"

But the portrait slider will be useless, for me it should be landscape.
    This! If I don't see this, then I'll likely dismiss this phone.
    06-17-15 12:40 PM
    lmfao minimum 5GB? The S6 only uses 3GB
    ...and struggles not to lag

06-17-15 01:01 PM
    I hope these specs are right because they'd be great. I'm actually oddly more confident that it will have BB10 and not full Android. I really think for full Android to work it needs Google Play Services, and I don't see Google allowing BlackBerry to have that with all the existing devices with the runtime. So I think it'll be Samsung releasing Android with the BlackBerry Experience Suite. Maybe it'll be the next version of the Note?
    06-17-15 01:05 PM
    No. All you have to do is look at the developer side of BlackBerry 10 to know that they are not moving ahead with the OS. Also with those specs, it is targeted to an Android OS and not BB10. Native BB10 developers would have to some serious rewrites to be able to target that device.
    Native apps will work unchanged or with minimal adjustments. You have no idea what you're talking about.

06-17-15 01:05 PM
    If it had 4 they could heighten the 8 App open limit, it's a bit daft, my Symbian on 512MB of RAM managed 56 Apps before it started closing them.
    If they do that, I hope that give you the option of customising the number of open active frames. I like the 8 limitation and being able to see them all at once on the Passport. I hate that iOS and Android have a scrollable list that can go on forever (depending on the last time you restarted your device).
    06-17-15 01:09 PM
    I hope these specs are right because they'd be great. I'm actually oddly more confident that it will have BB10 and not full Android. I really think for full Android to work it needs Google Play Services, and I don't see Google allowing BlackBerry to have that with all the existing devices with the runtime. So I think it'll be Samsung releasing Android with the BlackBerry Experience Suite. Maybe it'll be the next version of the Note?
    I doubt Samsung would replace their Note series with a Slider. I think it would be it's own category of device (the Slider series, lol), and obviously the junky pkb android phone they make now would go the way of the Dodo. Samsung likes to make a whole range of devices beyond the popular Galaxy and Note series, it's not a stretch to see them being interested in collaborating / licensing BB tech/patents.
    06-17-15 01:11 PM
    Interesting point. Never thought about the BB10 dev side of things. That's assuming of course these specs are correct.
    06-17-15 01:14 PM
    Well this is a surprise and actually I am quite happy if this is the case....

https://n4bb.com/blackberry-venice-s...-release-date/

5.4-inch Quad-HD display
    18 MP rear-camera
    5 MP front-camera
    1.8 GHz Hexa-core (Snapdragon 808 chipset) 64-bit
    3 GB RAM

What I am especially happy about is the Camera and chipset....I really don't like the 810 processor and yes it would have been awesome that they would use the exynos instead

5.4 Inch Quad HD is huge to be honest....

Please tell me you what you guys think.....
    Yes! That's a great deal. I can't say to see the finished product.

Z10
    06-17-15 01:15 PM
    I doubt Samsung would replace their Note series with a Slider. I think it would be it's own category of device (the Slider series, lol), and obviously the junky pkb android phone they make now would go the way of the Dodo. Samsung likes to make a whole range of devices beyond the popular Galaxy and Note series, it's not a stretch to see them being interested in collaborating / licensing BB tech/patents.
    You misunderstand me. I think the Slider will be from BlackBerry using BB10. Samsung will release a device with the BB Experience Suite which could be the Note 5, which would be the same form factor they normally are (not a change to a slider). I only speculate that because of how popular the Note series is at my work so it'd fit the demographic BB is going for. Maybe Samsung will release a slider with the BB Experience Suite instead (or in addition). My thought was that maybe Samsung helped BB with the hardware of the slider, and BB is helping with the software but that doesn't mean they are the same device.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    06-17-15 01:26 PM
    You misunderstand me. I think the Slider will be from BlackBerry using BB10. Samsung will release a device with the BB Experience Suite which could be the Note 5, which would be the same form factor they normally are (not a change to a slider). I only speculate that because of how popular the Note series is at my work so it'd fit the demographic BB is going for. Maybe Samsung will release a slider with the BB Experience Suite instead (or in addition). My thought was that maybe Samsung helped BB with the hardware of the slider, and BB is helping with the software but that doesn't mean they are the same device.
    Aha, sorry about that. Hey, that's a pretty good idea, makes sense. I'd like to see more synergy with BlackBerry and Samsung going forward (they can help each other out), so both would be great. And I'd be happy to see BB10 continue as well. Win for everyone.
    06-17-15 01:34 PM
    Give me that on a z50 or z20, whatever you want to call it. These specs should attract those spec hogs, but what will the other socs do, if apps in most device really need two to operate

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 01:37 PM
    Those specs seem fine for running Android, and necessary for selling the phone. In the Android world, specs are very important for buyers, even more than the OS itself.

I would really like to see Android and BlackBerry 10 versions of this phone, to see how the QNX powered one outperforms the other.

 Z30 - 10.3.2.798
    06-17-15 01:40 PM
    Native apps will work unchanged or with minimal adjustments. You have no idea what you're talking about.

That's funny. I have been writing native apps since I got my Dev Alpha. To say that they will run unchanged shows that you have no idea what you are talking about.

If you aren't going to change the screen handling, then there is no need to change the screen resolution.
    06-17-15 01:48 PM
    I really hope that BB10 OS will be used and we will be allowed to use Google play services and app store. I don't like the Android OS.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 01:52 PM
    It's not say so. BlackBerry has abandoned the future with BB10. All you have to do is look at the developer site and what BlackBerry is telling developers and the lack of plans for moving BB10 native development forward. If they aren't moving BB10 forward and telling developers to write for Amazon and other languages, it means that they are moving away from BB10.
    have blackberry said officially that they are no longer doing blackberry 10 and are going to do droid os .................no so its all hear say until they do
    06-17-15 02:09 PM
    What if it is android, but a BB10 skinned version using the Samsung App Store and Amazon App Store. BB will never be able to get GP services without ditching BB10 and entering the not-so-Open Handset Alliance
    06-17-15 02:13 PM
    That's funny. I have been writing native apps since I got my Dev Alpha. To say that they will run unchanged shows that you have no idea what you are talking about.

If you aren't going to change the screen handling, then there is no need to change the screen resolution.
    If your app does need completely rewriting for a mere screen change then you seriously lack discipline as a coder. Your assertion that all apps would need a rewrite is pure bollox.

06-17-15 02:17 PM
    have blackberry said officially that they are no longer doing blackberry 10 and are going to do droid os .................no so its all hear say until they do
    No longer doing BlackBerry 10 and not moving the platform forward are two different things. They were still selling BBOS devices but not moving it any farther. You seem to miss this point.

When you post articles on BlackBerry Developer Blog about developing Android apps and encouraging making apps for Amazon, is that a ringing endorsement for BlackBerry 10? No.
    06-17-15 02:19 PM
    If your app does need completely rewriting for a mere screen change then you seriously lack discipline as a coder. Your assertion that all apps would need a rewrite is pure bollox.

LOL. Where did I say complete rewrite? But your assertion of zero changes needed are pure bullox.
    06-17-15 02:21 PM
    LOL. Where did I say complete rewrite? But your assertion of zero changes needed are pure bullox.
    I got it from your earlier post. Memory problems?

06-17-15 02:28 PM
139 12345 ...