It's a nice looking phone but you might want to check out AndroidCentral reviews about battery life before picking one up...

And that's referring to hardware only, lol.
    Ironically, trusting the tests I've been seeing on review blogs, it's battery life is better than any BB10 device I own. Including my Z's, Q's and my Passport. 20hrs talk time would be a nice change

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    04-26-15 03:55 PM
    I just wish we could get an OS that doesn't feel like I need to rig a bunch of stuff up for basic functions to work properly. I'm about to do a wipe on an official OS because I've found that's just something I have to do every once in a while, more than I'd like to. Bluetooth has stopped sending id3 tags to stereo, text messages are failing to send, I get notification sounds and nothing appears in the hub, the browser only sometimes will play audio, like with youtube. These are all things that I've been dealing with for years now with BB10 and a wipe fixes it. We all like to brag about the stability of QNX but it doesn't seem to translate to BB10 very well. I still have to do reboots, I still have to do regular wipes. That's not stability. Granted I do use my phone to the absolute maximum it's capable of, especially with Exchange, but even basic Exchange features are still absent, which coming from BlackBerry is super disappointing. I'd like the focus to be on improving things that have been wrong with the OS instead of new devices anyway.
    Last edited by katiepea; 04-26-15 at 05:21 PM.
    Batibreaker likes this.
    04-26-15 04:47 PM
    Ironically, trusting the tests I've been seeing on review blogs, it's battery life is better than any BB10 device I own. Including my Z's, Q's and my Passport. 20hrs talk time would be a nice change

Is that 20hrs the "battery saving" that basically makes is a feature phone?
    04-26-15 05:15 PM

Just going by what I read on AC, lol. I don't know about talk time, but I'm definitely good all day from early rise to late end with my Passport and then some.
    KermEd likes this.
    04-26-15 07:11 PM
    I was surprised to hear they were even testing the waters but I would buy one.
    04-26-15 09:35 PM
    Just going by what I read on AC, lol. I don't know about talk time, but I'm definitely good all day from early rise to late end with my Passport and then some.
    Definitely a fair point. And you do have me rethinking it a bit

anon(9353145) likes this.
    04-26-15 09:55 PM
    So looks like OPS source is completely wrong about the slider? As the ceo confirmed this device is shipping by EOY
    04-28-15 10:15 AM
    So looks like OPS source is completely wrong about the slider? As the ceo confirmed this device is shipping by EOY
    Should be by the end of the year means that if the special screens are in short supply then it easily gets pushed back by months.
    04-28-15 12:32 PM
    Blackberry, design a Passport 2 with a REAL 4-ROW Blackberry and we'd snap them up - provided it has fantastic battery life or replaceable batteries. Slider is a red-herring.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 01:55 PM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I just wish we could get an OS that doesn't feel like I need to rig a bunch of stuff up for basic functions to work properly. I'm about to do a wipe on an official OS because I've found that's just something I have to do every once in a while, more than I'd like to. Bluetooth has stopped sending id3 tags to stereo, text messages are failing to send, I get notification sounds and nothing appears in the hub, the browser only sometimes will play audio, like with youtube. These are all things that I've been dealing with for years now with BB10 and a wipe fixes it. We all like to brag about the stability of QNX but it doesn't seem to translate to BB10 very well. I still have to do reboots, I still have to do regular wipes. That's not stability. Granted I do use my phone to the absolute maximum it's capable of, especially with Exchange, but even basic Exchange features are still absent, which coming from BlackBerry is super disappointing. I'd like the focus to be on improving things that have been wrong with the OS instead of new devices anyway.
    Hearing the new OS 10.3.2.500 is pretty awesome in many ways.... hope it addresses many of your concerns...

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 05:33 AM
    Every opinion counts. Except for those about other people's opinions. Kindly knock off the personal bickering.

That is all.
    MobileMadness002 and KermEd like this.
    04-29-15 09:53 AM
    Agreed. /bickerring-stopped.
    04-29-15 09:58 AM
    Well...when it comes, it comes. No rush, and whining about it won't get it here any faster.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 01:29 PM
    Hearing the new OS 10.3.2.500 is pretty awesome in many ways.... hope it addresses many of your concerns...

Posted via CB10
    It's slowly getting there, as time has went on more and more issues have been resolved. I think my biggest disappointment with BB10 is that for whatever reason, database management is still poor for blackberry. corrupt files were a huge issue in the older OS's and they remain still. I wouldn't mind wiping the device if I could have customized restore options like we used to. I now deal with tons of stuff being messed up because I don't feel like adding all my dictionary and word replacements back in, they're in the hundreds. We used to be able to restore those individually, that needs to come back.
    04-30-15 06:51 PM
64 123