What banner will it carry?

Posted via CB10
    How about: "NOT a BlackBerry". Or "!BlackBerry" (for the geeks)... and then it will praised by the media and bought by everyone.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 09:40 AM
    Beta phones are usually tested 3-4 months prior to release, approximately 1 quarter in advance
    The estimated for slider and full touch devices was going to be Q4 of 2015 or Q1 2016 anyways, so of course it's too early to have beta phones considering we just started Q2
    I don't think the slide will sell well, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt
    And keep in mind if depends how high up your "friend" is as well
    I had 2 different sources, one higher up than the other, and for the most part the one higher up had more accurate info
    04-25-15 09:46 AM
    While I agree that the slider won't be out anytime in the next few months, I think your friend might be wrong about beta devices.

BBRY has done a phenomenal job of containing R&D info and preventing leaks in recent history. I think if there are beta devices (and we know there's at least TWO of them seen at MWC!!!) it will be a very small subset of staff that's test-driving. Gone are the days of yore where the devices were "spotted in the wild" -- I think Mr. Chen has cracked down hard on leaking info predominantly by shrinking the "need to know" and beta-testing circle.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 10:05 AM
    While I agree that the slider won't be out anytime in the next few months, I think your friend might be wrong about beta devices.

BBRY has done a phenomenal job of containing R&D info and preventing leaks in recent history. I think if there are beta devices (and we know there's at least TWO of them seen at MWC!!!) it will be a very small subset of staff that's test-driving. Gone are the days of yore where the devices were "spotted in the wild" -- I think Mr. Chen has cracked down hard on leaking info predominantly by shrinking the "need to know" and beta-testing circle.

Posted via CB10
    I remember back when if you wanted to see the next BBRY phones in the wild you just had to go to the Tim Horton's on Philip St near lunch time.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-25-15 10:14 AM
    Word to the wise people.

Never....ever begin a post with "My friend at BlackBerry..." or "I heard from a friend at BlackBerry..."

Even if you do have a friend there and are passing along info...no one will believe you.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Blacklatino and MarsupilamiX like this.
    04-25-15 10:30 AM
    Either way, it's gonna be a 10.3.2 or 10.4 OS release, so definitely not any time soon
    04-25-15 10:42 AM
    I could care less if anyone believes me. If the company keeps it up it will not be long before I run out of friends there! Down to my last one where I used to know several.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 12:10 PM
    Either way, it's gonna be a 10.3.2 or 10.4 OS release, so definitely not any time soon
    Definitely 10.4, 10.3.2 is almost done, 2 or 3 month and official will be out but 10.4, well that won't be before January 2016

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 12:58 PM
    Definitely 10.4, 10.3.2 is almost done, 2 or 3 month and official will be out but 10.4, well that won't be before January 2016

Posted via CB10
    Suppose that depends what their target built is, I think it's at 10.3.2.5*** or on those lines, it's usually into the thousands before its stable.
    Saying that, considering the time it took to get 10.3.1 for the rest of us, you're probably right
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-25-15 01:26 PM
    Who cares? A slider is a stupid idea anyway. Sure it's "innovative" and "different" but it won't sell.

Posted via CB10
    blackmoe and potatoguy like this.
    04-25-15 02:02 PM
    lol i'm laughing cause I don't care if we EVER see a slider.......i have no interest.
    Very usefull post... guess what, we don't care about what you don't care either... I do have interest. If they can make it somehow not too bulky and heavy, and the keyboard is nice to type, I'm up to grab one.
    04-25-15 04:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    You would think that JC would want new phones to be leaked and spotted on the wild as to sum it up it's one of their only means of advertising when you think about it!

Posted via CB10
    eldricho likes this.
    04-25-15 06:11 PM
    Maybe they just wanted to see how people react when they showed that device.

Some people gave good feedback but most people complained and said it's time for a new full touch high end device (Z50).

Maybe that's what they wanted. Feedback about what people think about a slider and if they hate it what is wanted.

04-25-15 06:30 PM
    I didn't know it was ever suspected to be released soon. I figured it would be released this fall as their new high-end innovative phone. I don't figure there will be a second iteration of the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 06:35 PM
    Yeah, ok. Although nothing has been confirmed, most of us won't lose any sleep if it's late. We'll just shrug our shoulders and say...."business as usual."
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-25-15 06:45 PM
    The S6 Edge is a beautiful phone. I'm sure I'll get comments to about Android, malware, and big brother, but I'm referring to hardware only.

They laugh at my because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    It's a nice looking phone but you might want to check out AndroidCentral reviews about battery life before picking one up...

And that's referring to hardware only, lol.
    04-26-15 12:58 AM
    Its clear as a day that Slider will be a product from Samsung's manufacturing pipeline. Production window depends on the strength of an agreement between Samsung and Blackberry, surely looks like a compromise between BES12 supporting Knox and Sammy making a phone in return.

BTW that keyboard looks like its been slapped on the last minute. Very weir shape of keys, screams cheap'oh!
    04-26-15 07:25 AM
    Its clear as a day that Slider will be a product from Samsung's manufacturing pipeline. Production window depends on the strength of an agreement between Samsung and Blackberry, surely looks like a compromise between BES12 supporting Knox and Sammy making a phone in return.

BTW that keyboard looks like its been slapped on the last minute. Very weir shape of keys, screams cheap'oh!
    When Chen was interviewed by CNBC at MWC he said "We are deepening and broadening our relationship with SamSung" and "now supporting their Galaxy S6 launch and the Knox."

If you don't like the look of the slider's keyboard, that may be because it is identical to the Q5 keyboard.
    04-26-15 10:13 AM
    If you don't like the look of the slider's keyboard, that may be because it is identical to the Q5 keyboard.
    You need glasses if you think this is true. It looks nothing like the Q5.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 10:25 AM
    They may also be playing their cards a little closer with the slider and strictly controlling access at this point.

No date was given when it was shown, but they've had the tendency to release high-end devices later in the year. I'd HOPE in late Q3 or early Q4 like the Passport was last year.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-26-15 11:12 AM
    You need glasses if you think this is true. It looks nothing like the Q5.
    I'm referring to the keys in the keyboard, not the housing it's in. It had to come from somewhere. Its not from the Passport, Classic, or Q10. It doesn't mean the production model will have the same keyboard, but the Q5 keyboard matches the one shown at MWC better than any other current BB device.
    Attached Thumbnails Slider - Not anytime soon-blackberry-slider-q5-keyboards.jpg  
    Batibreaker likes this.
    04-26-15 11:24 AM
    I got the S6 Edge, grt device, I'm not hanging on to one BlackBerry phone only, I have an endless list of things the BlackBerry can't do.

Posted via CB10
    I'm debating. Love my passport but I need to diversify my app portfolio and the edge looks sweet... Bbry decisions in the development kingdom have been concerning of late.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    04-26-15 12:19 PM
    I spoke to a friend at BlackBerry tonight and there are no beta phones in use yet at headquarters in Waterloo. I.E. Those of you who thinks this phone is coming anytime in the 3 months are dreaming.

Posted via CB10
    Tell your friend not to be upset he isn't included in the beta testing and software design. He'll get there one day.

Posted via CB10
    Batibreaker likes this.
    04-26-15 01:06 PM
    This is why I took advantage of the sale at ShopBlackberry and upgraded from my Z10 to a Z30. I'll do the slider when it's out, but I wanted something sooner than later, and the Z30 is rocking my world right now.
    04-26-15 01:49 PM
    It's a nice looking phone but you might want to check out AndroidCentral reviews about battery life before picking one up...

And that's referring to hardware only, lol.
    Touche

They laugh at my because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    04-26-15 02:16 PM
64 123