What you have stated here is blatant speculation, nothing based on facts, real or imagined (well maybe imagined). That is a fact. ;-)

Posted using 10.2.1, thankfully not 10.3.2
    I never said my belief was a fact. I just told which facts it is based on.

Read the start of my sentence where you will see "I believe".

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 12:19 PM
    This whole site is mostly speculation. And we all enjoy it or we wouldn't be here.
    End of story.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 12:23 PM
    It's many people's opinion apparently. Mine as well.

Fact is: your speculation is mislabeled as fact.

1) We don't know that the Slider will run Android. There is a good chance that it won't as they would be gambling a lot on a high end device and also risking missing out on sales to many existing BB10 users.

2) Why do you figure that development on BB10 is stagnating? They JUST released 10.3.2 and have been updating it several times per year since the release of BB10... where did you find the 'fact' that this has changed or is about to?

3) Layoffs happen. They have also been hiring. It's no secret that BlackBerry has been forced to restructure the company and as a result cut back jobs. There is no reason why this should have anything to do with OS development or switching to another OS.
    Oh well, how many are you then? OMG you guys are commenting like this is New York Times. I don't have to write facts. And I didn't said my opinion was fact. I wrote the facts my opinion/belief was based on.

I wouldn't go into this forum if I only cared about facts. Then CrackBerry news would be enough (btw they had also news about the speculation).

1) yes that's the risk but that's how things work, you must give up something to get other things. That's just about which strategy to choose and what the situation require BlackBerry to do.

2) I'm experiencing that BlackBerry World is dying slowly. The apps I use don't get updates so often as in the past (and no its not because they now are flawless). And again I never found any facts on this, because that would be too much work to do. Since I'm not paid for this, it isn't gonna happen.

3) Again it's my guess it's not fact :-) it's not official.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 12:50 PM
    I want to keep my multitask....

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 08:09 PM
    One thing to keep in mind. Your average consumer knows nothing of the one plus. Also, these phones may be cheaper off contract but blackberry might be able to push some units to consumers singing up for a new contract to renewing their current one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    One thing to keep in mind, BlackBerry brand image is doo doo and when they try to sell this thing at the same price as other Android Flagships people will choose a better name brand. They can't go crazy in the pricing. This phone has same rumored specs as LG G4, which is now selling for less than $500 on T-Mobile.

Posted via Z30
    08-09-15 07:30 AM
    One thing to keep in mind, BlackBerry brand image is doo doo and when they try to sell this thing at the same price as other Android Flagships people will choose a better name brand. They can't go crazy in the pricing. This phone has same rumored specs as LG G4, which is now selling for less than $500 on T-Mobile.

Posted via Z30
    I feel like blackberry has the perfect opportunity to reinvent themselves.

Releasing an android phone with a physical keyboard would be a pretty big selling point.

Having their own skinned android OS with their hub, among other things.

And touting how secure it can be.

I mean if this was an all touch screen device I don't think people would care but, an android device with a physical keyboard, I'm on board with that.

raremage likes this.
    08-09-15 07:40 AM
    I feel like blackberry has the perfect opportunity to reinvent themselves.

Releasing an android phone with a physical keyboard would be a pretty big selling point.

Having their own skinned android OS with their hub, among other things.

And touting how secure it can be.

I mean if this was an all touch screen device I don't think people would care but, an android device with a physical keyboard, I'm on board with that.

Here is the pecking order of security in the COTS smartphone world right now as seen from entities that care about it:

BlackBerry10
    iOS
    Windows Phone
    Android

Some newer versions of Android might make it better than it was, but this is the way things stand. I personally would not trust Android without BB10 or QNX hypervisor as the underlying OS to sandbox it if I were a security conscious organization . I'm hearing that iOS9 is very good for security with some major improvements and might give Apple what it needs to make serious inroads into the Federal Government space and replace a lot of BlackBerry handsets. BES12 will likely be the backend of that solution, but Apple will be in the end users hands.

Posted via Z30
    lactose likes this.
    08-09-15 08:03 AM
    Wait for some official confirmation on the slider before you start speculating.

Too much CrackBerry hype.
    Alot of the information is hearsay but I must admit being a BB fanboy I'm getting a bit antsy!!! IF Blackberry launched the slider first with android then for me It would be a huge dissappointment. I guess for those that want the full android runtime and uses google play services then the advantage goes to that user. I will always continue to use BBOS10 despite whether the slider will first load with android. I guess from a business point of view BB must expand their markets but I just hope that they dont leave us out in the dust. IT would make sense now that the SE passport launched first to keep us fans and peeps at bay. Then launch the android slider, either at the same time with BBos 10 or separately.

It's all speculation but I really sincerely hope BB launches with a BBOS10 slider.

I use a Samsung Galaxy pro tablet running lollipop alongside with my BB Passport and I love the combination. In my business I need prompt access to my email accounts requiring speedy response. And my client base and appoint ments are managed on my BB device thru the calendar and contacts. So then my gmail account calendar and schedule which is my personal I run on my Tablet.

I would be interested in running both on the upcoming slider. We'll see.

Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 08-10-15 at 12:58 PM.
    08-09-15 11:55 AM
    I tend to agree.. this could be a huge seller if BB does it right with the HUB. I know a lot of people that would love a qwerty and with Android running underneath + full Google Play there is zero sacrifice.

BlackBerry innovation in a consumer frinedly package!

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-09-15 01:03 PM
    I'd likely trust BlackBerry's Android / Google variant than other Android variants and love the hub, so if BlackBerry does it right the slider could be the perfect solution for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 01:24 PM
    I'd likely trust BlackBerry's Android / Google variant than other Android variants and love the hub, so if BlackBerry does it right the slider could be the perfect solution for me.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. They just have to do it in BlackBerry way :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 11:11 AM
    Most competitive doorstop.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 01:51 PM
    Exactly!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 03:28 PM
    LOL OK fortune teller.

I'll wait to see what they bring out.
    Are you still waiting to see what they bring?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 02:25 PM
    It's many people's opinion apparently. Mine as well.

Fact is: your speculation is mislabeled as fact.

1) We don't know that the Slider will run Android. There is a good chance that it won't as they would be gambling a lot on a high end device and also risking missing out on sales to many existing BB10 users.

2) Why do you figure that development on BB10 is stagnating? They JUST released 10.3.2 and have been updating it several times per year since the release of BB10... where did you find the 'fact' that this has changed or is about to?

3) Layoffs happen. They have also been hiring. It's no secret that BlackBerry has been forced to restructure the company and as a result cut back jobs. There is no reason why this should have anything to do with OS development or switching to another OS.
    I never speculate. I just open my eyes and see what happens. Now you must be confirmed on the Android after the latest videos.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 02:28 PM
    It eliminated the app gap. That makes it the most competitive BlackBerry since the apple app store opened in 2008.

Posted via CB10
    ayngling and raremage like this.
    09-18-15 02:34 PM
    The key is in marketing. In order to succeed, people need to know the existence regardless how great the product is. If people don't know BlackBerry making android device, people simply don't buy period!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 12:50 PM
    It eliminated the app gap. That makes it the most competitive BlackBerry since the apple app store opened in 2008.

Posted via CB10
    That's funny. Actually, it's not running a BlackBerry platform. It's an Android device. If BlackBerry sells 40 million of them, that will go under Google/Android marketshare. If BlackBerry devs forget Qt/Cascades and start programming in java for Android, then it will help the Google/Android ecosystem. BlackBerry converting to Android doesn't give BlackBerry's platform the benefits of Android, it puts an end to BlackBerry as a player in mobile computing. If the slider doesn't come with BB10 (and hopefully major upgrades including Qt5.6 and Blend APIs), then for the first time, BlackBerry will no longer even be trying to be a mobile computing player or smartphone platform, it'll just be a device maker. That's sad and a good reason to watch Microsoft's CEO show a better strategy in a couple of weeks...

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 02:08 PM
    That's funny. Actually, it's not running a BlackBerry platform. It's an Android device. If BlackBerry sells 40 million of them, that will go under Google/Android marketshare. If BlackBerry devs forget Qt/Cascades and start programming in java for Android, then it will help the Google/Android ecosystem. BlackBerry converting to Android doesn't give BlackBerry's platform the benefits of Android, it puts an end to BlackBerry as a player in mobile computing. If the slider doesn't come with BB10 (and hopefully major upgrades including Qt5.6 and Blend APIs), then for the first time, BlackBerry will no longer even be trying to be a mobile computing player or smartphone platform, it'll just be a device maker. That's sad and a good reason to watch Microsoft's CEO show a better strategy in a couple of weeks...

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that's the point. BlackBerry can't maintain its own ecosystem. No one developed for bb10 it already is dead and has been for a few years. No apps, no music store, no video store, ect. BB10 is a zombie phone. BlackBerry has become a software as a service company and the slider is a vehicle to show off its software.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 02:54 PM
    I just want it with bb10. Screw Google

Posted via CB10
    I'd say so, too, for me personally, but for the sake of BlackBerry hardware sales and mass market app-eal, I'd say, go and sell those Droids they're looking for... :-)

�   Leakers' gonna leak... :-)   �
    09-20-15 06:30 PM
    Yeah that's the point. BlackBerry can't maintain its own ecosystem. No one developed for bb10 it already is dead and has been for a few years. No apps, no music store, no video store, ect. BB10 is a zombie phone. BlackBerry has become a software as a service company and the slider is a vehicle to show off its software.

Posted via CB10
    So why should anyone invest in a showcase phone? That implies they are not committed to hardware and will abandon it once the marketing is accomplished with the slider. One could say the PlayBook was a showcase for QNX as a mobile platform. This phone will be rooted in days and BlackBerry's security credentials will be mocked and it will ruin the company.

Posted via Z30
    09-20-15 07:43 PM
    Are you still waiting to see what they bring?

Posted via CB10
    The phone isn't out so yes.....I'm still waiting lol
    09-21-15 03:19 AM
    The phone isn't out so yes.....I'm still waiting lol
    Now it's official LOL
    09-26-15 12:21 PM
    Well, I'm officially looking into other phones at this point. Probably tending toward windows phone. My wife & I spent the last three years trying to support the BB10 system. I'd rather support a low volume o/s with promise and take my chances than reward Chen and company for folding their tent.
    09-26-15 10:58 PM
    Well, I'm officially looking into other phones at this point. Probably tending toward windows phone. My wife & I spent the last three years trying to support the BB10 system. I'd rather support a low volume o/s with promise and take my chances than reward Chen and company for folding their tent.
    Wow, you must be a he'll of a masochist if you're going from BlackBerry to Windows phone. Why on earth would you want to do that, just to spite Chen /Google, Apple, and the overwhelming majority of app developers?

Best of luck with your personal boycott. I'm planning to grab a Priv the day they come out.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 11:04 AM
54 123