I shouldn't say it stopped working, it just stopped working properly. The slider used to just need a nudge and it would complete the full slide up or down for you. I just picked it up and now it needs a lot of force to slide up and down and I could leave it in any sliding position I want (I could show only two rows of keyboard if I choose to) because the mechanism is really tight now. Any ideas?

Posted via Blackberry Priv
    01-12-16 10:56 AM
    how long have you had it? Should consider taking it back to the shop and get it replaced... I think...
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    01-12-16 10:59 AM
    Noticed the same thing. My wife got the Priv a month later than me and hers has the spring action whereas mine needs a full push up to open.

Doesn't bother me because I usually push it all the way up and down, but it is a bit concerning if the mechanism will degrade further down the road

UPDATE: played around a bit and slightly wiggled it a bit with the slide open and it is definitely better, but still not as snappy as my wife's Priv.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by nbaliga; 01-12-16 at 05:07 PM.
    01-12-16 11:22 AM
    Yikes...THIS already? Way too soon for this problem to start happening to Privs! :-O This worries me.
    01-12-16 11:31 AM
    Yikes...THIS already? Way too soon for this problem to start happening to Privs! :-O This worries me.
    I got mine the day of release, I'll go to BlackBerry and see if they direct me back to AT&T.

01-12-16 11:33 AM
    I got mine the day of release, I'll go to BlackBerry and see if they direct me back to AT&T.

Keep us posted!
    01-12-16 11:36 AM
    I shouldn't say it stopped working, it just stopped working properly. The slider used to just need a nudge and it would complete the full slide up or down for you. I just picked it up and now it needs a lot of force to slide up and down and I could leave it in any sliding position I want (I could show only two rows of keyboard if I choose to) because the mechanism is really tight now. Any ideas?

The BlackBerry Priv sliding keyboard has always needed more than a "nudge" to open. If it only required a nudge you would be howling about how the keyboard slides out when you don't want it.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    luc4625 likes this.
    01-12-16 12:34 PM
    Stop panicking. The sky is not falling Chicken Little.

01-12-16 12:36 PM
    i like feeling the nudge, feels like a locking mechanism to hold it in place.
    01-12-16 12:36 PM
    Stop panicking. The sky is not falling Chicken Little.

Thank you sir; I feel much better now. <3
    lift likes this.
    01-12-16 12:40 PM
    The BlackBerry Priv sliding keyboard has always needed more than a "nudge" to open. If it only required a nudge you would be howling about how the keyboard slides out when you don't want it.

It's the best term I could come up with. Let's just say it's way tighter than before and I'm unclear as to why. My guess is that AT&T is going to take it apart and they'll find some pocket lint or something in there that's holding it up.

01-12-16 02:38 PM
    You could always jam it more and sell it to someone who wants an all touch blackberry. *not to be taken seriously*

Posted via CB10
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-12-16 02:42 PM
    01-12-16 03:17 PM
    WD40
    Hell yeah !! Lol!

Posted via my Priv by BlackBerry
    01-12-16 03:39 PM
    Hell yeah !! Lol!

Posted via my Priv by BlackBerry
    I actually tried one of those keyboard cleaners ... no luck. I feel like it's 10 years ago and I'm having a problem with my trackball getting stuck!

Jonneh likes this.
    01-12-16 03:55 PM

Sorry people but there it is!!! The number one reason NOT to buy a slider. It's a mechanical device and ALL mechanical devices will eventually wear, malfunction and fail. Same goes for PKB. Keys can fall off, wear out, double type, fail to register, the list goes on and on.
    I'll stick to my all touch slab phone thanks.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    01-12-16 04:01 PM
    It's true that more moving parts usually equates to more potential problems. It's probably just some lint or dust that's worked it's way in. I worked outside with my old Torch and I would have a similar problem every once in a while. As a result, I developed a habit of constantly sliding open and closing the device and kept it nice and worked in. If it ever jammed up, it was only for a very short bout and then it was back to normal.

I can't see the mechanism wearing out that quickly (or at all). You probably just haven't fully broken it in yet!!!

I'm not trying to say you don't have a problem, just try pouring some 'optimism' on it instead of thinking the worst. 9 times out of 10, that seems to work. And the odd 1 out of 10 just needs some WD40...
    01-12-16 04:08 PM
    You could always jam it more and sell it to someone who wants an all touch blackberry. *not to be taken seriously*

Posted via CB10
    Duct tape it.
    01-12-16 04:16 PM
    Sorry people but there it is!!! The number one reason NOT to buy a slider. It's a mechanical device and ALL mechanical devices will eventually wear, malfunction and fail. Same goes for PKB. Keys can fall off, wear out, double type, fail to register, the list goes on and on.
    First guy to complain about this
    Stop the press! Call the editor! We need a new headline!
    01-12-16 04:18 PM
    Just want to say that I got mine on day one, still works perfectly
    01-12-16 04:27 PM
    Thank you sir; I feel much better now. <3
    Always happy to be of service. Ha! Ha! I didn't mean my previous response as a criticism.

01-12-16 06:23 PM
    I went over two years with my torch, never had a problem. And the phone still works as if it were a slab, so again ... not a major problem here.

01-12-16 08:37 PM
    I want my phone to type what I press, not the key next to it then have it guess what I was typing. I turn violent start stabbing people when my phone does that.
    Esi_T likes this.
    01-13-16 07:04 AM
    i did some research and found this for you guys if someone wants to give it a go be my guest you may have to improvise a bit but you get the idea

Slider mechanism stopped working?-privhack.jpg
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    01-13-16 10:14 PM

Sorry to hear about this . Please go to the retailer and I am sure they will help . I am also using a slider and so far so good . Happy with device .
    01-13-16 11:32 PM
40 12