Hey guys . It seems berry flow made a discovery about the phone a bit more with some photo editing . Have a read what do you guys think?

BlackBerry 10 Slider Sports Front Facing Speaker, Four Row Touch Keybaord

It seems front facing speakers and touch enabled kb like the passport. Do you think this is better placement for the speakers then the Z30? Let me know.

Posted via my awesome totally amazing BlackBerry Z30
    03-29-15 11:30 AM
    They might actually be right for once...

Have feeling touch keyboard is really intended for scrolling (incidentally, 10.3.2 now has pinch to zoom via the touch keyboard). Assuming this keyboard is pretty final, symbols can be handled with Alt, which precludes moving a hand off of the keyboard and onto the touch screen.
    03-29-15 11:36 AM
    Lmao. 'the keyboard looks like a passport keyboard '

Oh boy these guys are funny

On a more constructive note.. No reason not to include the touch keyboard. They did spend millions to develop it...
    03-29-15 11:38 AM
    I'd love for the keyboard to be touch enabled, but I'm not sure if the 'sculpt' of the keys is enough to assume that this is the case.
    Here's hoping that it's true, and I think it makes sense for BlackBerry to eventually incorporate this feature into all of the PKB phones.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    03-29-15 11:53 AM
    Lmao. 'the keyboard looks like a passport keyboard '

Oh boy these guys are funny

On a more constructive note.. No reason not to include the touch keyboard. They did spend millions to develop it...
    Well, it is slightly more complex and costly than the standard keyboard. Lowering the margins.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 11:58 AM
    Man,.. if they offered this as an Android device, I have a feeling it would be a killer. No compromise on the "gaming/video watching aspect ratio" that Anthony Roberts5 always complains about, and the optional physical keyboard may be something that enough people would want to try.

Putting only BB10 on this almost feels criminal.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 12:50 PM
    Man, that photo looks photoshopped.

We need a touch keyboard! Brilliant use of the 'chin' as a speakerphone.

If they could make the keyboard flush w the screen when open. This thing would be the bomb!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 12:52 PM
    They might actually be right for once...

Have feeling touch keyboard is really intended for scrolling (incidentally, 10.3.2 now has pinch to zoom via the touch keyboard). Assuming this keyboard is pretty final, symbols can be handled with Alt, which precludes moving a hand off of the keyboard and onto the touch screen.
    I didnt know about the pinch to zoom on touch keyboard. interesting
    03-29-15 01:18 PM
    The touch keyboard is the key. I tried a q10 once and having to reach up to the screen to do everything is really awkward to me. I love my z30 though!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 01:46 PM
    Probably a crazy thought, but here goes, lol. I know some people have suggested that the dual curved display on the Slider implies some kind of Samsung involvement. So what if the Slider is a collaboration that’s being built with two markets in mind, and two models?

1. A native BB10 Slider running 10.3.2, built in android runtime, etc. (ie. Business as usual).
    2. A Samsung Slider, same hardware, but running full Android with some BlackBerry software additions. Full Samsung branded device, NOT BB10 ‘skinned’ (same Samsung OS with their behaviours) but includes BlackBerry ‘swipe’ on keyboard word predictions (VKB and PKB), BlackBerry actions and PKB shortcut keys, the Hub, touch capacitive keyboard, etc. through some BB Android APIs (or whatever)?

Exclusive to Samsung, to cater to an Android niche that would like some of the BB behaviours / Hub and the PKB (with shortcuts). Available to consumers and in Enterprise. Presumably the hardware in the slider is using the same components in other phones, so adapting it to Samsung’s Android OS would be easy, particularly if they were collaborating on the device? (don’t know, just asking).

EDIT: As a bonus, add BlackBerry Blend support exclusive to the Samsung variant.

As a Samsung branded device, carrier placement wouldn’t be an issue, and reps would be less hesitant to recommend it to consumers (lack of apps, ‘BlackBerry is dead, etc.)…

Total speculation on my part, but personally I think it would be a good idea to test the waters for expanding BlackBerry software in the consumer sphere at a lower risk / expense by partnering with Samsung. With low cost Android oems like Huawei, Lenovo etc eating into market share it might be another way for Samsung to differentiate themselves in the Android market, at low risk as well.

If you think it's a bad idea, please be gentle.
    vpblaze likes this.
    03-29-15 05:07 PM
    Probably a crazy thought, but here goes, lol. I know some people have suggested that the dual curved display on the Slider implies some kind of Samsung involvement. So what if the Slider is a collaboration that’s being built with two markets in mind, and two models?

1.A native BB10 Slider running 10.3.2, built in android runtime, etc. (ie. Business as usual).
    2.A Samsung Slider, same hardware, but running full Android with some BlackBerry software additions. Full Samsung branded device, NOT BB10 ‘skinned’ (same Samsung OS with their behaviours) but includes BlackBerry ‘swipe’ on keyboard word predictions (VKB and PKB), BlackBerry actions and PKB shortcut keys, the Hub, touch capacitive keyboard, etc. through some BB Android APIs (or whatever)?

Exclusive to Samsung, to cater to an Android niche that would like some of the BB behaviours / Hub and the PKB (with shortcuts). Available to consumers and in Enterprise. Presumably the hardware in the slider is using the same components in other phones, so adapting it to Samsung’s Android OS would be easy, particularly if they were collaborating on the device? (don’t know, just asking).

EDIT: As a bonus, add BlackBerry Blend support exclusive to the Samsung variant.

As a Samsung branded device, carrier placement wouldn’t be an issue, and reps would be less hesitant to recommend it to consumers (lack of apps, ‘BlackBerry is dead, etc.)…

Total speculation on my part, but personally I think it would be a good idea to test the waters for expanding BlackBerry software in the consumer sphere at a lower risk / expense by partnering with Samsung. With low cost Android oems like Huawei, Lenovo etc eating into market share it might be another way for Samsung to differentiate themselves in the Android market, at low risk as well.

If you think it's a bad idea, please be gentle.
    I'd just be very concerned if they did this how it would be perceived by the media and public. I don't see many ways that it could go well. BlackBerry would get slammed for making a 'knock-off'. It could also be everyone's acceptance that it was the end of BlackBerry devices as now they are giving their hardware away to other manufacturers. They would be labeled as 'sell-outs' and it would be difficult to disagree.

03-29-15 05:42 PM
    I'd just be very concerned if they did this how it would be perceived by the media and public. I don't see many ways that it could go well. BlackBerry would get slammed for making a 'knock-off'. It could also be everyone's acceptance that it was the end of BlackBerry devices as now they are giving their hardware away to other manufacturers. They would be labeled as 'sell-outs' and it would be difficult to disagree.

Yeah, I totally see what you're saying, but at the same time they've just announced the three different software packages - BlackBerry Productivity, Communications & Collaborations and Security Suites that will be available on iOS, Android and Windows Phone. Assuming these are enterprise based packages, making a deal with Samsung to extend some of that functionality into a more consumer friendly sphere doesn't seem like a big leap to me.

Again, it would be a collaboration on a Samsung branded phone and I wouldn't try to skin the BB10 behaviours on the device. I personally don't think BlackBerry should abandon BB10 as an OS as a long term investment, but this could be a profitable collaboration between the two companies (assuming there's a market in Android for it).

I'm sure some analysts would take it as a signal that BB10 is exiting hardware, but they're already doing that anyway, lol.
    03-29-15 05:55 PM
    Yeah, I totally see what you're saying, but at the same time they've just announced the three different software packages - BlackBerry Productivity, Communications & Collaborations and Security Suites that will be available on iOS, Android and Windows Phone. Assuming these are enterprise based packages, making a deal with Samsung to extend some of that functionality into a more consumer friendly sphere doesn't seem like a big leap to me.

Again, it would be a collaboration on a Samsung branded phone and I wouldn't try to skin the BB10 behaviours on the device. I personally don't think BlackBerry should abandon BB10 as an OS as a long term investment, but this could be a profitable collaboration between the two companies (assuming there's a market in Android for it).

I'm sure some analysts would take it as a signal that BB10 is exiting hardware, but they're already doing that anyway, lol.
    I agree that this is what this type of device deserves. Would be tough to execute in a way that favors both companies somewhat equally (aside from just making money).

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 08:12 PM
    I agree that this is what this type of device deserves. Would be tough to execute in a way that favors both companies somewhat equally (aside from just making money).

Posted via CB10
    I think that's what they'd find out on both sides - BB10 and Android. Why not take the engineering investment in the hardware and try to maximize it's utility? And BlackBerry is already committed to porting the Hub and other features to Android so there's no additional investment when it comes to software...

There are countless threads on Crackberry talking about how BB should go the Android route. Why not try both using the same hardware in partnership where the risk is spread out?

I still think there's a market for BB10 in enterprise aside from join ventures, but I think this would be a good toe in the water.
    03-29-15 08:24 PM
    I think that's what they'd find out on both sides - BB10 and Android. Why not take the engineering investment in the hardware and try to maximize it's utility? And BlackBerry is already committed to porting the Hub and other features to Android so there's no additional investment when it comes to software...

There are countless threads on Crackberry talking about how BB should go the Android route. Why not try both using the same hardware in partnership where the risk is spread out?

I still think there's a market for BB10 in enterprise aside from join ventures, but I think this would be a good toe in the water.
    Yup.. I've been saying something similar for a while now. If people want any type of BlackBerry hardware/device design to continue... they have to open to such creative alternatives.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    03-29-15 08:35 PM
    03-29-15 09:32 PM
    For passport to u enabled keyboard is a very nice Thought but for slider it doesn't sound good because of the big screen. I don't think anybody will be willing to use the keyboard slide down and scroll. It will be difficult to do it due to the size of it.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 10:07 PM
    For passport to u enabled keyboard is a very nice Thought but for slider it doesn't sound good because of the big screen. I don't think anybody will be willing to use the keyboard slide down and scroll. It will be difficult to do it due to the size of it.

Posted via CB10
    Yes but while you are using the keyboard it will be a pain to move your hand up to the screen to reach it (since it will be overall much longer).

The beauty is that the screen touch will still be there, so you can use whichever you prefer based on what you are doing.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 11:12 PM
    03-30-15 03:05 PM
    Take my money!!!

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    03-30-15 04:18 PM
    Take my money!!!

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    After they take mine!
    03-30-15 08:03 PM