You are just full of surprises!
    And you thought I would join the Dark Side?
    lift likes this.
    09-19-15 08:00 PM
    Lol, chill man. This is mobilenations I automatically have an account there

In all seriousness I do like Android but I prefer BB10 more. Just because I speak about android and it's features doesn't mean I'm puting BlackBerry10 or BlackBerry down. I'm waiting for a successor to the Z30 just as you are.

Edit: Not to say I'm not interested in the slider, because I am. I support BlackBerry for its OS and for its brand, playbook be damned lol

Posted via CB10
    I prefer BB10 as well but I have a need for a full app ecosystem as well, and BlackBerry still lacks many key apps that I want or need.

I know, sideload is an option, but there's a convenience factor to native apps as well.

My first choice would be for all the apps I need to be available natively on BB10, but my second choice - and hopefully a good one - is what the Venice seems to be: a version of Android with key BB10 features like Hub, a physical keyboard, and a rich app ecosystem.

I'm on board with the direction this device appears to be headed.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 08:08 PM
    Those speakers look like they can pack a punch
    ayngling likes this.
    09-19-15 09:38 PM
    Although I'm new to bb10, as my return to BlackBerry was with the purchase of my passport, I like the design of the slider. Also, if BlackBerry removes the android runtime from bb10, I will be forced not to upgrade my passport. I have specific apps I require for my work-related needs that I've got to work on passport due to the workarounds. If that goes away, I'll sell the passport and go slider so that I can retain bb10 functions and yet have access to the android apps I need. I love the passport though, and won't get rid of it simply to get something newer.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 03:53 AM
    Guess not, will just have to buy a REAL Blackberry
    That is exactly what all the BlackBerry OS people said, re their 9900's etc. If we look at all the BB10 sales, they show that as great an OS BB10 is, it is not a financial success. Remember that WebOS was the most superior OS, and now it only runs TVs.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-20-15 04:27 AM
    To totally throw a "spanner in the works", I want to be able to upgrade my Passport to Lolipop! I'm tired of the kludgy work arounds to get the android apps working properly for me..... no not snapchat.... how about Crackberry...
    ayngling likes this.
    09-20-15 04:38 AM
    They need to differentiate themselves.

A normal slab phone from BlackBerry won't do anything to the masses, but an Android powered slider with unique features such as pull out keyboard, touch enabled keyboard, BlackBerry Hub, universal touch, and being the first Google supported Secure Android (Shielded Bugdroid during bootup is a nice touch!) will get a lot more attention.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    So totally this.
    Standard all-touch slab would do the default thing: flop...

womp, womp, womp.... :-)

�   Leakers' gonna leak... :-)   �
    MO3iusONE and Witmen like this.
    09-20-15 06:04 AM
    I agree with Z50... Bring us our Z50

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    Scrapped50... (sorry for you guys)

:-)

09-20-15 06:05 AM
    So totally this.
    Standard all-touch slab would do the default thing: flop...

womp, womp, womp.... :-)

•   Leakers' gonna leak... :-)   •
    But an old fashioned slider is going to be the big money maker?
    09-20-15 07:47 AM
    Scrapped50... (sorry for you guys)

:-)

I know, I know.....its a pipe dream.

But, I'm not giving up hope....maybe this NKOTB Slider will be the best of both worlds....bees knees, or bad joke, we'll see.

09-20-15 07:54 AM
    I know, I know.....its a pipe dream.

But, I'm not giving up hope....maybe this NKOTB Slider will be the best of both worlds....bees knees, or bad joke, we'll see.

If all you want is just a slab, then get any of the many that are out there and then purchase the BlackBerry Experience Suite. BlackBerry has been plain that this will be available to all.

For BlackBerry-branded devices, it doesn't make much sense for them to punch out another slab.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    ayngling, Mecca EL and Witmen like this.
    09-20-15 08:01 AM
    If all you want is just a slab, then get any of the many that are out there and then purchase the BlackBerry Experience Suite. BlackBerry has been plain that this will be available to all.

For BlackBerry-branded devices, it doesn't make much sense for them to punch out another slab.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    I think you are missing the point of wanting a z30 upgrade.
    The same BlackBerry os...just better cpu, ram, cam, screen... no android necessary here, just a hardware upgrade.

lift and acovey like this.
    09-20-15 09:21 AM
    I think you are missing the point of wanting a z30 upgrade.
    The same BlackBerry os...just better cpu, ram, cam, screen... no android necessary here, just a hardware upgrade.

No sign of that coming down the pipe and if it does it might not have the android runtime.
    Are you ok with BB10 sans runtime?
    09-20-15 10:05 AM
    Are you ok with BB10 sans runtime?
    I actually like this. Android apps on BB10 feels worse than on Android. They take forever to load, run slowly, having more than one running at a time almost grinds the system to a halt, etc. Plus, they have the menus in the wrong place, at the top of the screen, far away from my thumbs.

The native apps, however, works beautifully. They run smoothly, integrate into the hub and their menus have better user experience design than their android counterparts.

If BB10 is to convince people that it is a better OS than Android and iOS they need to get rid of the Android apps and get native ones instead. A hard thing to do, yes, but what we have now does not show the platform as it was made to be.

I hope the slider can show the world that BlackBerry will not cease to exist soon. If they use Android + BES12 for everyone wanting BYOD and BB10 for those needing an ultra-secure COBO device, developers might dare to make apps for the platform again, even if it's a small market.
    DrBoomBotz and vanrickman like this.
    09-20-15 10:48 AM
    I think its also a very important point/fact that the slider is very well balanced when opened. I used to have the torch and was like wtf when it slid open.
    09-20-15 02:06 PM
    Yes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-20-15 02:50 PM
    Plastic-ish. There are quite a few high end android phones get more metal than this. My Passport gets more metal than this... not saying this is final hardware, just saying this piece of hardware is not that exciting.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    I think your Passport is mostly a Thor device. Thor was a great hardware guy with an awesome vision for BlackBerry as a platform. In Chen's vision, BlackBerry doesn't have its own platform and the devices are Samsung clones.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 03:04 PM
    I think your Passport is mostly a Thor device. Thor was a great hardware guy with an awesome vision for BlackBerry as a platform. In Chen's vision, BlackBerry doesn't have its own platform and the devices are Samsung clones.
    I have noticed that I disagree with a lot of your posts, but this one I have to say I agree with. Thor was hardware, Chen is software.

I think were many of us on this forum differ is that some think more marketing would have made BB10 successful, whereas others feel it would not have helped, and that Chen will at least save the company in the short term with Android + BES12 for everyone wanting BYOD, and BB10 for those needing ultra-secure certified COBO (with no android runtime, those phones will not run leisure apps anyway).

I belong to the latter group and am hoping a Thor can come in at a later stage and revive BB10 development and hardware.
    09-20-15 03:19 PM
    I WOULD have bought one if it ran on a Blackberry OS.
    astrodan13, lift and vanrickman like this.
    09-20-15 03:26 PM
    I actually like this. Android apps on BB10 feels worse than on Android. They take forever to load, run slowly, having more than one running at a time almost grinds the system to a halt, etc. Plus, they have the menus in the wrong place, at the top of the screen, far away from my thumbs.

The native apps, however, works beautifully. They run smoothly, integrate into the hub and their menus have better user experience design than their android counterparts.

If BB10 is to convince people that it is a better OS than Android and iOS they need to get rid of the Android apps and get native ones instead. A hard thing to do, yes, but what we have now does not show the platform as it was made to be.

I hope the slider can show the world that BlackBerry will not cease to exist soon. If they use Android + BES12 for everyone wanting BYOD and BB10 for those needing an ultra-secure COBO device, developers might dare to make apps for the platform again, even if it's a small market.
    I actually use 3 android apps a lot.
    Instagram, fotor and pinterest.
    I use the passport and my gf uses a huawei p7...

All of these android apps open faster on my pp and they run as smooth or even smoother....so i would be little bit depressed if the android runtime would go away..

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 03:40 PM
    I actually use 3 android apps a lot.
    Instagram, fotor and pinterest.
    I use the passport and my gf uses a huawei p7...

All of these android apps open faster on my pp and they run as smooth or even smoother....so i would be little bit depressed if the android runtime would go away..

Posted via CB10
    I use Spotify, Pinterest and Instagram, on Q10 and Passport, so I feel your pain. I still feel it would be best to have a pure platform though

The brute force of the Passport makes the runtime a lot more usable than the Q10, that is true. The Classic is like the Q10 though, and the Z30 is not much better.
    09-20-15 03:48 PM
    this device is complete failure im sorry to say but thats what i believe ... any comments
    I wouldn't be surprised if this device becomes the best selling phone BlackBerry has put out since the Bold 99. If you wanna talk about failures, well what about BlackBerry 10? I'm pretty sure that BB10 is legitimately the largest commercial failure ever in the history of the smartphone market. I certainly can't think of any other mobile platform that failed so miserably and cost its maker so much money. BlackBerry 10 was such a waste of time and resources. Thank god they are finally doing what they should have done several years ago. I just hope it isn't too late to save the hardware business from all of the damage BB10 has done to it.
    09-20-15 04:33 PM
    I use Spotify, Pinterest and Instagram, on Q10 and Passport, so I feel your pain. I still feel it would be best to have a pure platform though

The brute force of the Passport makes the runtime a lot more usable than the Q10, that is true. The Classic is like the Q10 though, and the Z30 is not much better.
    Yeah on my passport it just flies without hickups...
    I'm pretty amazed by that performance and that's exactly why i love my pp so much.

I still do not think that the runtime will be dropped...amazon shizzle you know...

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 04:37 PM
    I WOULD have bought one if it ran on a Blackberry OS.
    And so would a few dozen other people. That's the problem. BB10 had years to catch on and become successful, but it failed. Time for BlackBerry to cut their loses and kill BB10 off before it manages to kill the hardware business altogether.
    09-20-15 04:45 PM
    i wish they had an option to choose if you want it as an android or as a BB
    astrodan13 and ayngling like this.
    09-20-15 04:49 PM
83 1234