It blows my mind when people look at this phone and say "if I wanted an android there's plenty of cheaper alternatives."

If money is an issue to some and can't afford a 700 dollar phone off contract, then that's their problem. To me the Venice is a flagship device and thus it will be priced as one. And live I've said in other threads, this is the only phone with a physical keyboard running Androi. I was a hardcore Palm Treo and Pre user and I've always loved physical keyboards. I know I'm it the only one.

I'm sure this phone will sell well. College students hammering out essays on this phone all the way to business users replying to clients.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Lawyers for sure, lol. It definitely is a flagship device and the added expense of making it a slider with touch capacitive keyboard justifies it, imho.

At the same time, I kinda hope they use this inaugural Android launch as a marketing / rebranding opportunity and price it competitively to move volume.
    ayngling and astrodan13 like this.
    09-18-15 02:51 PM
    It blows my mind when people look at this phone and say "if I wanted an android there's plenty of cheaper alternatives."

If money is an issue to some and can't afford a 700 dollar phone off contract, then that's their problem. To me the Venice is a flagship device and thus it will be priced as one. And live I've said in other threads, this is the only phone with a physical keyboard running Androi. I was a hardcore Palm Treo and Pre user and I've always loved physical keyboards. I know I'm it the only one.

I'm sure this phone will sell well. College students hammering out essays on this phone all the way to business users replying to clients.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    It will sell BIG time!
    It's a stunning device although i'm no android fan, i fel in love with it after that video

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    09-18-15 02:52 PM
    After seeing the video, I must admit that the slider looks like a well built nice piece of hardware with some interesting features. Problem is for many like myself is that I am not interested in a slider. I'm also not interested at all in a device running android.
    Why couldn't BlackBerry put out a high end BB10 all touch for the many that want one.
    Unfortunately I think the market for a slider whether it runs android or not is going to be relatively small. Also I am concerned that the device appears to me that it will be costly and can't compete in the high cost range.
    I am also concerned about the fact that the device cost BlackBerry a lot of money to develop and that it will not be the savior that BlackBerry needs to save the handset business. There are literally hundreds of android devices out there and many at very low cost now.
    Just my opinion. How do you feel?
    I feel like opinions are like a-holes. Everyone has one.

The future is Android and I'm happy. Long live BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 03:22 PM
    I heard that before **** with a little lube(Android)could work!sorry,haha

Sent from my 5 star BlackBerry Passport
    09-18-15 04:50 PM
    sorry to disappoint the naysayer, but Samsung will be building the device and will also cover all the costs, so really BB has nothing to lose here. They don't have to worry about being stuck with unsold inventory. Also remember all major carriers are on board here as well as T-mobile, and in Canada Bell mobility as well most of the carriers, not sure about that sleazy Rogers, but we will wait and see.
    09-18-15 06:50 PM
    Considering some of the improvement Blackberry has made of this android device, Google may want to consider having Blackberry design a phone for them.
    09-18-15 06:54 PM
    sorry to disappoint the naysayer, but Samsung will be building the device and will also cover all the costs, so really BB has nothing to lose here. They don't have to worry about being stuck with unsold inventory. Also remember all major carriers are on board here as well as T-mobile, and in Canada Bell mobility as well most of the carriers, not sure about that sleazy Rogers, but we will wait and see.
    09-18-15 07:05 PM
    Living up to the name?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 07:14 PM
    Somewhere I read, slider is having detachable keypad. If it is case, I would go for else, I will wait for newer device with high end and lighter weight.

Z30 10.3.2.2639 thru CB10
    09-18-15 07:23 PM
    Somewhere I read, slider is having detachable keypad. If it is case, I would go for else, I will wait for newer device with high end and lighter weight.

Z30 10.3.2.2639 thru CB10
    This was never said. Besides, it's impossible. The device is part of the keyboard section - the other part is just the screen.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-18-15 07:26 PM
    this device is complete failure im sorry to say but thats what i believe ... any comments
    lift likes this.
    09-18-15 07:35 PM
    You want a cheap touch phone?

Once your known as a slum lord selling low end phones your done.

PIN 829A "You're only known for the worst thing you do" DSO 1978
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 09-18-15 at 10:06 PM.
    09-18-15 07:45 PM
    this device is complete failure im sorry to say but thats what i believe ... any comments
    Nope
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-18-15 07:47 PM
    Looks like a great device, I have my money ready to buy one as soon as it's released. I am hoping the pricing will be competitive and I am all in. Hopefully they announce something real soon and don't drag their feet?
    09-18-15 07:57 PM
    Nice hardware BUT wrong OS. No stinking Android for me.
    lift likes this.
    09-18-15 09:46 PM
    Already having the support of 4 carriers even before launch. Already more successful (relatively speaking)
    09-18-15 10:42 PM
    No slider for u then. Sorry. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE, raremage and Mecca EL like this.
    09-18-15 10:44 PM
    im loving it and it is making my decision to switch to android(other branded phone ) more difficult ..only thing missing is a finger print scanner (covers face)
    09-19-15 04:35 AM
    You are just full of surprises!
    09-19-15 08:37 AM
    The Slider has the specs a lot of BB10 users wanted, but it's too bad they had to go with Android for a Blackberry device.
    09-19-15 01:46 PM
    I agree with Z50... Bring us our Z50

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    lift likes this.
    09-19-15 01:48 PM
    I believe there is hope for a high powered BB10 full touch device if the Android Slider pulls its weight... if BlackBerry can start producing HardDroid handsets that also run BB10, that have a market appeal because of BlackBerry's heightened security features, then a flagship BB full slab device that can run either Android or BB10 will come hopefully sooner than later.
    ayngling and jakie55 like this.
    09-19-15 03:28 PM
    Slider reeks quality from what I saw in a proper clear video. The tech sheet of slider was impressive from day one but sadly this may not be for me with biggish 5.4 screen.
    But considering all other matrices and usual rants that it is just another droid, droids are sure loss for even giants like HTC, if it is a stock lagdroid i wont buy and so on........ in the big picture I want this slider to be successful because if this thing bombed 'very' miserably for blackberry, it is bye bye to hardware from blackberry and then we cannot have even faintest of hope about seeing any new BB10 phones in future.
    Chen will be happy even if hardware division don't give him any profits or nearly break even with negligible losses worth enduring for sake of keeping BB name alive on handsets.
    As on today nobody knows for sure and we are just looking in a deep abyss and the abyss is staring back.
    09-19-15 03:58 PM
    They need to differentiate themselves.

A normal slab phone from BlackBerry won't do anything to the masses, but an Android powered slider with unique features such as pull out keyboard, touch enabled keyboard, BlackBerry Hub, universal touch, and being the first Google supported Secure Android (Shielded Bugdroid during bootup is a nice touch!) will get a lot more attention.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    Totally agreed!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    09-19-15 04:20 PM
    No slider for u then. Sorry. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Guess not, will just have to buy a REAL Blackberry
    lift likes this.
    09-19-15 07:58 PM
83 1234