[QUOTE=vgorous;11867208]So ummm.... where's the home button?!?
    [QUOTE]

The middle one, standard Adenoid feature... ... ...

 Q5 / Z30
    08-19-15 11:38 PM
    Interesting... I don't know if I am missing something and since I have never used an android device maybe that's not the case but don't all they have the home button? And, if so, where it is in this slider device?
    BB10 doesn't need one - and that's one of the ingredients of the secret sauce.

Most BB10 users like it a lot...

 Q5 / Z30
    08-19-15 11:41 PM
    it would be in deed interesting to see some kind of mix with the best of bb10 and android (for full support of the apps)... because in every leak pic there is no home button...
    08-20-15 12:03 AM
    it would be in deed interesting to see some kind of mix with the best of bb10 and android (for full support of the apps)... because in every leak pic there is no home button...
    The circle icon in the centre is the home button in Lollipop...

And it would have been great if BlackBerry could have ported the BB10 gestures over, but it's very unlikely that Google would allow that...

But everything is still a speculation - at least officially...

 Q5 / Z30
    08-20-15 12:09 AM
    Verizon seems likely to get it based on a few signs I've seen so far.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 12:38 AM
    The circle icon in the centre is the home button in Lollipop...

And it would have been great if BlackBerry could have ported the BB10 gestures over, but it's very unlikely that Google would allow that...

But everything is still a speculation - at least officially...

 Q5 / Z30
    posted in Dylan's BBM Channel.

Slider to hit all major American carriers in November - @evleaks-img_20150820_073952_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    gvs1341 likes this.
    08-20-15 12:41 AM
    posted in Dylan's BBM Channel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150820_073952_edit.png 
Views:	1596 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	367603
    Hmm, interesting

Let's wait for the final implementation...

 Q5 / Z30
    08-20-15 12:55 AM
    Hmm, interesting

Let's wait for the final implementation...

 Q5 / Z30
    It could be real or fake but if it is what would that mean? A dual boot? Hypervisor? (I can see blaze fuming) we will have to wait and see

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 01:34 AM
    That's pretty good,I hope they do updates all at the same time too,lol
    08-20-15 06:41 AM
    if it's not a physical home button, how would you wake up the phone? Top power button?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 07:00 AM
    On paper the HTC One M9 will blow this thing away in specs...
    On paper HTC spends a lot on advertising....
    On paper HTC is a well known smartphone manufacture...
    On paper HTC sales are pitiful....

So I'm not sure that just going Android is going to change BlackBerry's sales figures overnight.

And sadly their KEY customer.... Enterprise is going to be knocked for a loop by yet another platform change from BlackBerry. So don't expect enterprise sales to suddenly skyrocket. Everyone is going to want time to see what the BlackBerry experience is... does it fill some need, and then to look hard at BlackBerry the company and consider their ability to continue to support this new direction. BlackBerry is going to have to do some damage control with some of their big enterprise customers that "bought into" BB10.
    BlackBerry has a few USPs, most notably the keyboard and security. We've all heard it before, people that have a BlackBerry also have an iPhone. What this Android BlackBerry device is intending to do is eliminate that need to carry two devices. For the enterprise, you issue a BlackBerry coupled with BES12 and Google Play Store and you have yourself a winner.

Don't get me wrong. I specifically said "on paper", and there is always a that chance that people still won't care.

In response to the BlackBerry Experience, isn't the virtual keyboard, Hub, BBM, Time shift not enough? Chen said that the BlackBerry Experience was coming.

Posted via CB10
    wnyjackson likes this.
    08-20-15 08:01 AM
    BlackBerry has a few USPs, most notably the keyboard and security. We've all heard it before, people that have a BlackBerry also have an iPhone. What this Android BlackBerry device is intending to do is eliminate that need to carry two devices. For the enterprise, you issue a BlackBerry coupled with BES12 and Google Play Store and you have yourself a winner.

Don't get me wrong. I specifically said "on paper", and there is always a that chance that people still won't care.

In response to the BlackBerry Experience, isn't the virtual keyboard, Hub, BBM, Time shift not enough? Chen said that the BlackBerry Experience was coming.

Posted via CB10
    I think most people that carry two devices... will continue to carry two devices.

You install a work account on a personal device, or your company issues a work device.... there is a level of controls that you give up.

You do know just adding a work email gives them the ability to wipe the WHOLE device. They can most likely track you if they want. So there are lots of reasons to keep personal and work on two different devices.

But sadly most any of the newer Android Devices will have a Android for Work workspace.... that isn't something unique to the DroidBerry. Not sure there will be anything unique about it... the BlackBerry experience or even a launcher or the hub could probable be sold as Apps. If there is anything special, it will most likely have to do with the ROM and having it locked somehow.
    08-20-15 08:26 AM
    Not to stoke the fire, but perhaps BlackBerry's virtual SIM service adds more credence to the Venice loading both Android and BB10? Hmmm...

I actually doubt it, especially since we've now been told that they're two separate devices, but perhaps the BlackBerry Experience Suite will allow professionals to carry a secondary line on the same phone. That'd be pretty cool even if it doesn't come with true BB10.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 09:23 AM
    Not to stoke the fire, but perhaps BlackBerry's virtual SIM service adds more credence to the Venice loading both Android and BB10? Hmmm...

I actually doubt it, especially since we've now been told that they're two separate devices, but perhaps the BlackBerry Experience Suite will allow professionals to carry a secondary line on the same phone. That'd be pretty cool even if it doesn't come with true BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Wasn't the virtual SIM more about ease of carrier switching and not about switching between 2 devices?
    08-20-15 10:20 AM
    Has this made it through the FCC yet? with carrier testing November seems waaay too soon to see nothing yet as far as leaks from carriers or branded versions yet.
    08-20-15 12:31 PM
    Has this made it through the FCC yet? with carrier testing November seems waaay too soon to see nothing yet as far as leaks from carriers or branded versions yet.
    The air's thick with leaky rumours...

But finally someone's talking sense and logic...

 Q5 / Z30
    08-20-15 01:06 PM
    There are some device IDs (which can be extrapolated to FCC IDs) for the slider models, but nothing public.

Posted via CB10
    gvs1341 and Greened like this.
    08-20-15 01:11 PM
    I really think Crackberrians are really desperate about the actual situation of BB, first I have read some people saying that BB10 was a failure as an OS, sorry false premise, the failure is BB, go to the street, ask 10 people about BB10 and they wont know about it, then say to them this is the BB new phones OS, and they will answer: What!! BB still makes phones?. Second how is that the differentiation of BB in the market is security plus PKB but wait they were not selling well their phones because of the OS, for real people?, most of the consumers who wanted security and PKB have already a BB (because you know, if the differentation point is that, then it is not the OS). I thought the PP will be a very well sold phone, but sadly it was not the case, people didnt know about that phone, even when it got 5 stars reviews all the way around. For me the Slider will be the same than the PP, but worse, because BB smartphones are absolutely dead in the consumer market and theres no way for this phone to go cheaper than the PP, and you need that in the Android Market.
    08-20-15 01:44 PM
    My fear...

Android Slider - stock Android, except for keyboard addition, no Hub, no Blend
    BB10 Slider - Android Runtime stripped out so that Android Slider can exist
    08-20-15 01:58 PM
    And BBRY can compare the sale data of both version and decided which OS to pursue and which one should be retired.
    08-20-15 04:31 PM
    And BBRY can compare the sale data of both version and decided which OS to pursue and which one should be retired.
    Isn't it obvious which one will sell better?

Posted from my Q5 via CB10
    08-20-15 06:57 PM
    Woot Woot! Bring it on!

It won't sell in India though. Too expensive.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting that India's middle class sits at around 120 million. One would think there's a market there. What do our Indian brothers say? Could there be?
    08-20-15 07:18 PM
    https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/633863396807458816

One can see Hub and Play Store living together in perfect harmony.
    Where do you see them together?
    08-20-15 07:21 PM
    Maybe for you but how many are going to jump from a Z30 to a slider?
    Not me, I'm gonna stay with my old faithful, my z30!

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 08:49 PM
    Where do you see them together?
    Top left and top right pictures?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 09:03 PM
117 ... 2345