If all the present leaks are actually true, this could really be a big deal for BlackBerry. It's the first time I think a device could actually sell. It really offers everything that is expected for a modern smartphone, plus a top notch keyboard.

Also, it would be the first time a modern BlackBerry smartphone is going to be released on time to compete with the rest of the market while offering on-par specs.

I know, some here are somewhat reluctant to switch to Android, but as far as I am concerned, this is the way to go now and probably their last chance.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    rai187 likes this.
    08-19-15 03:09 AM
    Are you sure stl23 get 4G in India?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Yes I am sure about -2 but don't know about -3.

Lets hope for it to release soon and be available specially in Dubai before 10th Oct.

At the same time, if it is $700 plus then there will be a lot of inventory initially at least and then once it is below that figure it will be selling big time.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 03:48 AM
    Looks to be pretty much stock Android - plus the placements of apps that google demands.

Another android device is... well another android device, so interesting to see what the secret sauce is that will make carriers and individuals pick it.
    Blacklatino and JeepBB like this.
    08-19-15 03:52 AM
    Looks to be pretty much stock Android - plus the placements of apps that google demands.

Another android device is... well another android device, so interesting to see what the secret sauce is that will make carriers and individuals pick it.
    Most probably a HUB integration plus the keyboard, hopefully including some useful shortcuts, and maybe some added security features. My guess.

Posted via CB10
    Mike Owsley and LuvULongTime like this.
    08-19-15 03:57 AM

Must be something there to differentiate because all the US National carriers have picked it up which would never have happened if this were just another bb10 device

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 likes this.
    08-19-15 04:18 AM
    What is so special on Android?

The UI is absolute cr*p, you can't find any settings you want in it, it's spying on you like crazy and doesn't let you turn that off, they can just turn on the microphone and camera and listen to everything you say and even see you.

So what is so special on Android?

I'll get myself another Z30 or maybe a passport so I have another BlackBerry incase this one dies. I have a BlackBerry because it's not Android or iOS. It doesn't make any sense to sell BlackBerry with with Android.

BlackBerry is always claiming how secure they are and that it saves the privacy of the user. And then thinking of running Android?

Soon they will know when everybody goes to the toilet and what comes out. Is BlackBerry then still claiming that it saves the privacy of its users?

It's like Antarctic penguins go into the Sahara and wonder why they're warm. It doesn't make sense.

Maybe it does make sense, maybe BlackBerry did realise that the only way to make money is to lie to people and sell cr*p. It always works. The good stuff never survives. Humans are weird.

08-19-15 04:21 AM
    Finally a phone for my wife. Large screen with pkb and not a Samsung. She is trying to move on but not so ready for a passport due to the apps. Well done BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 05:03 AM
    So gonna get this phone!

Have had Note2/Note4 for the last 3 years. Time to make my return to BB! This is the phone that I've always wanted to pass the "Torch" after the Torch 2.
    08-19-15 05:27 AM
    Must be something there to differentiate because all the US National carriers have picked it up which would never have happened if this were just another bb10 device

Posted via CB10
    Carrying it and carrying it and promoting it are two different things - so yes they might carry it but the extent to which they get behind it is down to the amount of marketing dollars that BBRY gives them.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-19-15 05:59 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1034470

Droid and BB10 version on their way, apparently!

:-D

�   BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!   �
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    08-19-15 06:09 AM
    Funny how in any render you don't see the BBM icon anywhere...sad.

Posted via CB10
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    08-19-15 06:16 AM
    Funny how in any render you don't see the BBM icon anywhere...sad.

Posted via CB10
    They didn't find anyone who still used it trollololo

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    08-19-15 06:33 AM
    [QUOTE=mania626;11865289]Funny how in any render you don't see the BBM icon anywhere...sad.
    [QUOTE]

Yep. Pathetic actually for a BlackDroidBerry.

But I guess the 'target' customers don't use BBM much, so not a big concern for DroidBerry...

 Q5 / Z30
    08-19-15 06:37 AM
    What is so special on Android?

The UI is absolute cr*p, you can't find any settings you want in it, it's spying on you like crazy and doesn't let you turn that off, they can just turn on the microphone and camera and listen to everything you say and even see you.

So what is so special on Android?

I'll get myself another Z30 or maybe a passport so I have another BlackBerry incase this one dies. I have a BlackBerry because it's not Android or iOS. It doesn't make any sense to sell BlackBerry with with Android.

BlackBerry is always claiming how secure they are and that it saves the privacy of the user. And then thinking of running Android?

Soon they will know when everybody goes to the toilet and what comes out. Is BlackBerry then still claiming that it saves the privacy of its users?

It's like Antarctic penguins go into the Sahara and wonder why they're warm. It doesn't make sense.

Maybe it does make sense, maybe BlackBerry did realise that the only way to make money is to lie to people and sell cr*p. It always works. The good stuff never survives. Humans are weird.

I wouldn't agree. This sounds like just another anti Android rant.

First of all, security is not the same thing as privacy. You can work in an absolutely secure workspace with no privacy at all. Second, if you really want, you can turn off a lot of Android's data crawling, most people just don't care.

I like BB10 but the facts show that it doesn't sell. The market is always right and the market says people want no BB10. The platform has been entirely abandoned by developers and, as it seems like, even by BlackBerry. It's sad but it's true.

Everyone who cares about apps or services even just a little bit has to deal with a poorly implemented Android runtime environment. Basically it's like having a crippled Android phone. So why would you choose a BlackBerry instead of a true Android phone? For those who are happy with BBW and the strong communication focus it does work, but those are few, measured by market size... really really few.

At the end of the day, if we want to see more BlackBerry handsets in the future, they have to sell their phones.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 06:37 AM
    [QUOTE=gvs1341;11865321][QUOTE=mania626;11865289]Funny how in any render you don't see the BBM icon anywhere...sad.

Yep. Pathetic actually for a BlackDroidBerry.

But I guess the 'target' customers don't use BBM much, so not a big concern for DroidBerry...

 Q5 / Z30
    Just another example of how great BlackBerry is at advertising their products.... unbelievable

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 06:43 AM
    As a former Palm Treo user for years... Nothing more excites me than this. I've been using Samsung phones for years now (galaxy s3, note 3, note 4) and I'm just absolutely ecstatic for this.

I'm buying this off contract as soon as it's released, no matter the cost. I want blackberry to succeed and I want future a Droid devices with a physical keyboard. What other company specializes in physical keyboards the same way blackberry does? They can't be beat!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    As a former Treo user I see this as the same as when Palm adopted Windows Phone on the Treo instead of getting WebOS done, which killed the company. This will have a small audience, be under higher price pressure because it is Android, and only exacerbate BlackBerry's ADHD more. But I'm glad all these Android defectors are excited now. Let's see what happens when the pricing and specs are announced and see if it goes from enthusiasm to monkeys flinging poo at the walls.

Posted via Z30
    LuvULongTime and ppeters914 like this.
    08-19-15 07:11 AM
    Wouldn't it be possible now to load that android OS to any other OS devices so that they would have the BlackBerry hub?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 07:12 AM
    i probably shouldn't be sharing this but since there has been a leakathon over the past couple hours a little more won hurt.

Message Retracted
    08-19-15 07:28 AM
    i probably shouldn't be sharing this but since there has been a leakathon over the past couple hours a little more won hurt.

Message Retracted
    Well ,that was a great info thanks!!!Lol

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 07:32 AM

Message Retracted
    Share what you have son! Pm me!

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    08-19-15 07:38 AM
    That's because the carriers will do what they always do with android devices. Lock it down with a bunch of bloatware that you cannot remove. What will make it worse is that being a BlackBerry, you will not be able to root it to remove all the carrier crap. There are a lot of people on CrackBerry that I am sure have no idea how BAD android devices from carriers are loaded down with bloatware and carrier crap. Most people that are big android fans usually buy unbranded devices so they are not loaded with carrier crap. Carrier branded devices are the worst. THAT'S why the carriers are supposedly on board with this device.
    All you android fans better be careful what you ask for. Looks like it is not going to be fun.
    tp2386 likes this.
    08-19-15 07:42 AM
    That's because the carriers will do what they always do with android devices. Lock it down with a bunch of bloatware that you cannot remove. What will make it worse is that being a BlackBerry, you will not be able to root it to remove all the carrier crap. There are a lot of people on CrackBerry that I am sure have no idea how BAD android devices from carriers are loaded down with bloatware and carrier crap. Most people that are big android fans usually buy unbranded devices so they are not loaded with carrier crap. Carrier branded devices are the worst. THAT'S why the carriers are supposedly on board with this device.
    All you android fans better be careful what you ask for. Looks like it is not going to be fun.
    Bravo. I love BlackBerry but I don't mind Android as long as I can root it to make the battery life and OS tolerable. Like you said, you most likely will not be able to root the phone so we who like to tinker around with Android phones to make them better, won't be able to. This sucks.
    lift likes this.
    08-19-15 07:51 AM

Message Retracted
    Thanks. So useful!

Posted via Z30
    08-19-15 07:52 AM
    This will be BlackBerry's best selling device since the Bold. It will outsell any BB10 phone, for sure.

It will be successful enough that BlackBerry would be stupid not to continue to pursue Android OS support.

I even foresee a scenario where BB10 is eventually phased out.

And while some diehard BlackBerry fans are lighting their torches and sharpening their pitchforks, I think this is absolutely a great thing for the company and probably the only way they can make their smartphone business profitable again.

All that said, BlackBerry is going to have an extremely difficult time convincing me that they've secured Android and its apps. I think the only way they can truly secure it is via BES12, which will not be cost-effective or practical for me.

And so, I will continue to use BB10 - or even BBOS - until EOL.

But I'm still happy and proud of BlackBerry, who are doing what is needed to return to profitability and be successful.

Posted from my Q5 via CB10
    SunshineStateFlyer and zyad like this.
    08-19-15 08:00 AM
    yuck, no physical toolbelt. PASS.
    08-19-15 08:42 AM
117 1234 ...