03-08-15 08:06 AM
32 12
tools
    Ok, so here's the big question in my mind. Can you video out, use usb otg and charge your phone all at the same time with a simple splitter as shown before?

Posted via CB10
    You will need a USB hub because If you connect a OTG flash drive to the USB connection then you will not get power to charge the phone. however if you connect to a powered hub then you may connect any USB device to the hub and it will be seen by the phone. I have seen this done in a Passport review. I will see if I can find it and post a link.

EDIT: I was unable to find the video that I saw. However I am Confident that with a powered USB hub you can connect everything to the slimport adapter then to your phone.
    Last edited by R1cowl; 03-06-15 at 12:18 PM.
    last_attempt likes this.
    03-06-15 08:15 AM
    I like having the separate micro HDMI on my Z30. Don't need to carry around an adapter, but I guess slimport is something I can "adapt" to.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 05:01 PM
    Right? I am thinking the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 05:16 PM
    Thanks, so just to confirm you used hdmi and the usb keyboard at the same time?
    Well, I'm sorry to say, I just tried it and it does not work. I swear I tried it before and it did work. The USB port on the SlimPort adaptor I have only works for charging.

I got to lay off the crack... sorry for the bad info.
    03-07-15 01:44 AM
    Well, I'm sorry to say, I just tried it and it does not work. I swear I tried it before and it did work. The USB port on the SlimPort adaptor I have only works for charging.

I got to lay off the crack... sorry for the bad info.
    No stress, appreciate that you were willing to try. Makes sense, I read some reason being that the pins used for video out are also used by usb otg so not possible at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 10:47 AM
    I looked am up close at the pictures and didn't see an hdmi port. If this trend continues, how are we going to be able to use our phones as mobile computers that can hook up to a display, keyboard, mouse and file system ?

Posted via CB10
    Personally I believe this Slider is going to be the best spec'ed BB10 smart phone ever released. I don't see why they wouldn't have HDMI.
    03-08-15 06:26 AM
    Personally I believe this Slider is going to be the best spec'ed BB10 smart phone ever released. I don't see why they wouldn't have HDMI.
    Because just like some clever, very clever * * * * at BlackBerry they've also decided to stop having removable batteries, bet sd cards will be next lol.

But let's hope so.

Though I like the fact that to change the battery on the Z30 is manageable on one's own unlike other manufacturer's devices I've seen tear downs of.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 08:06 AM
32 12