I looked am up close at the pictures and didn't see an hdmi port. If this trend continues, how are we going to be able to use our phones as mobile computers that can hook up to a display, keyboard, mouse and file system ?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 01:27 PM
    I looked am up close at the pictures and didn't see an hdmi port. If this trend continues, how are we going to be able to use our phones as mobile computers that can hook up to a display, keyboard, mouse and file system ?

Posted via CB10
    Slimport works fine too. No worries.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    03-03-15 01:36 PM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    I know you can get video out with slimport but can you simultaneously use a keyboard and mouse too?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 01:46 PM
    I know you can get video out with slimport but can you simultaneously use a keyboard and mouse too?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. You can get a multi headed adapter. Or just use a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard which makes much more sense anyway.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    last_attempt likes this.
    03-03-15 01:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    You don't need it.
    Bluetooth for keyboard and mouse.
    Miracast for monitor or TV.
    Boom.

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    03-03-15 02:43 PM
    You don't need it.
    Boom.

Miracast is not that great for everything. There is often lag with Miracast links which doesn't make useful for long UI interactions and games. MHL is the way to go. MHL and USB can be used simultaneously.
    03-03-15 03:17 PM
    The dedicated HDMI port isn't that great anyways. I think I damaged mine trying to charge my phone in the dark too may times.
    awindsr likes this.
    03-03-15 03:31 PM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Can you use slim port and usb on the go at the same time ?

Posted via CB10
    Bor Navas likes this.
    03-03-15 03:50 PM
    You don't need it.
    Boom.

I have never seen a TV in any meeting room with miracast, but they all have hdmi!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 03:52 PM
    I have never seen a TV in any meeting room with miracast, but they all have hdmi!

Posted via CB10
    So you'll be good to go. Just use a cable for that then.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    03-03-15 03:59 PM
    So you'll be good to go. Just use a cable for that then.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Well, right now I just plug in hdmi to my z30 and I have a little micro usb drive dongle to access files for display with a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse. I am not sure this will work for slider because it looks like it is just one port on the bottom.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 12:06 PM
    Well, right now I just plug in hdmi to my z30 and I have a little micro usb drive dongle to access files for display with a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse. I am not sure this will work for slider because it looks like it is just one port on the bottom.

Posted via CB10
    You just need a tiny splitter.

Most people would use a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard anyway, so this use case is almost non-existent. The one exception would be to charge the phone while watching video.

It's a better solution because the device can pack more battery and/or be made slimmer without having to accommodate two ports instead of one.

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-...UvbUpU11429666

When 99.9% of people don't need both at the same time, why make everyone pay to have both ports in their device?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Last edited by conite; 03-04-15 at 12:42 PM.
    03-04-15 12:31 PM
    There are a lot of post in regards to Slimport in the forums. Basically you can get a Slimport HDMI adapter that also has a micro USB port on it for charging your phone or connecting to other devices. The adapter is about $30. as conite said "No Worries"

I have the HDMI version of the one below..

Slider hdmi port!?-slimport_vgac.jpg
    Last edited by R1cowl; 03-04-15 at 01:12 PM.
    03-04-15 01:00 PM
    There are a lot of post in regards to Slimport in the forums. Basically you can get a Slimport HDMI adapter that also has a micro USB port on it for charging your phone or connecting to other devices. The adapter is about $30. as conite said "No Worries"
    I linked to it above. $16 at Amazon. I've seen it even cheaper at local stores.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    03-04-15 01:02 PM
    I linked to it above. $16 at Amazon. I've seen it even cheaper at local stores.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Sorry I didn't see the link. That will work.
    03-04-15 01:14 PM
    A few things... First, my HDMI port on my Z10 is wonky. It needs to have something under the cable to prop it up for it to work. I don't know if I damaged it, but it was like this the first time I used it. So, there is one less port for soemthing to go wrong with. Second, from my testing, the USB port on the SlimPort adaptor does everything the USB port does, including USB on the Go. Finally, it supports VGA. I know, probably not something most people need but there was that one time I actually did need it and didn't have it.

I don't see any disadvantages of using SlimPort, if nothing else there is some slight advantages.
    last_attempt likes this.
    03-04-15 05:35 PM
    A few things... First, my HDMI port on my Z10 is wonky. It needs to have something under the cable to prop it up for it to work. I don't know if I damaged it, but it was like this the first time I used it. So, there is one less port for soemthing to go wrong with. Second, from my testing, the USB port on the SlimPort adaptor does everything the USB port does, including USB on the Go. Finally, it supports VGA. I know, probably not something most people need but there was that one time I actually did need it and didn't have it.

I don't see any disadvantages of using SlimPort, if nothing else there is some slight advantages.
    Thanks for that VGA hint... :-)

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    03-05-15 06:44 AM
    Has anyone been able to test if both usb otg and hdmi work at the same time on an adapter like this? Read somewhere it's not currently possible with slim port?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 12:04 PM

If you are able to test, would you try to use both concurrently i.e. screen mirroring and usb otg?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 12:13 PM
    If you are able to test, would you try to use both concurrently i.e. screen mirroring and usb otg?
    If you care to elaborate I will test exactly what you want. My SlimPort adapters are at home though, so it will be this evening.

I believe I have tried using the SlimPort HDMI adapter with a USB key and with a USB Mouse/keyboard already. I played around with a bunch of combinations when I first got the SlimPort adapter, everything I tried worked.
    03-05-15 02:41 PM
    If you care to elaborate I will test exactly what you want. My SlimPort adapters are at home though, so it will be this evening.

I believe I have tried using the SlimPort HDMI adapter with a USB key and with a USB Mouse/keyboard already. I played around with a bunch of combinations when I first got the SlimPort adapter, everything I tried worked.
    Usually it means to charge another device by the usb port, or access files off of it.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 04:48 PM
    Usually it means to charge another device by the usb port, or access files off of it.
    My confusion is related to the fact that I believe I answered their question in the post they quoted.

"from my testing, the USB port on the SlimPort adaptor does everything the USB port does, including USB on the Go."

The USB port on the SlimPort adaptor works the same as the USB port on the device. SlimPort adaptor or not, you have the full functionality of the USB port.

If you want something specific tested I will do just that.
    03-05-15 05:04 PM
    Too bad USB3.1's reversible connector is coming out, which will make SlimPort obsolete.
    03-05-15 08:41 PM
    Ok, so here's the big question in my mind. Can you video out, use usb otg and charge your phone all at the same time with a simple splitter as shown before?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 11:35 PM

Thanks, so just to confirm you used hdmi and the usb keyboard at the same time?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 06:23 AM
32 12