Yes, of course, if someone says that a BBRY isn't worth the average consumer plopping down a bar of gold for the privilege of owning, one they must be a troll.

But by all means dodge my question and continue your zealotry. You're certainly in the right place.
    I think the problem for BB is that they cant price this phone at low level, but they cant price it like a Samsung or any other flagship, remember BB is unexistant to the consumer right now, it is a very niche product with an OS that already has 1300 companies using it (crazy amount), for me BB should drop the whole consumer market in smartphones and rebuild the brand with smartphones focused in types of industry, obviously using that excellent OS that is BB10. Btw in years nobody close to me has asked for a Slider, not even former Torch users.
    lift likes this.
    09-20-15 03:55 PM
    I think the problem for BB is that they cant price this phone at low level, but they cant price it like a Samsung or any other flagship, remember BB is unexistant to the consumer right now, it is a very niche product with an OS that already has 1300 companies using it (crazy amount), for me BB should drop the whole consumer market in smartphones and rebuild the brand with smartphones focused in types of industry, obviously using that excellent OS that is BB10. Btw in years nobody close to me has asked for a Slider, not even former Torch users.
    And I'm fine with that, just so long as that's their aim. I've said throughout this thread that it would be reasonably successful in that scenario, just not in the consumer space.
    lift likes this.
    09-20-15 03:59 PM
    Some people here live in another planet, actually the problem of BB is not the phones or the OS (the best in the market), or whatever, is the brand, it is a tarnished brand all around the world.
    I agree about the tarnished brand image, being in the automotive industry, I have seen first hand how hard it is to rebuild a tarnished brand.

The first step is to deliver a product to the customer that well lure him/her into the store to buy it, then you have to support the product and monitor customer satisfaction to make sure you are maintaining the quality the customer is expecting for their hard earned money.

I just hope when the slider is released, it will be priced competitively and they improve their customer service to make sure the product has a successful launch.

So far I haven't seen anything out of Waterloo that's giving me a warm and fuzzy feeling when it comes to rebuilding their brand image with my carrier T Mobile or any where else here in the USA?

Hopefully the folks up in those fancy offices up there in Waterloo will make it happen, we can only hope!
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    09-20-15 04:01 PM
    Kepp twisting the story to suit your argument. The Iphone argument is to show you that the high phones sell well, and you see a lot of iphones, and a lot of top end samsungs aswell. So there is A LOT of people buying high end phones, and those people hold a significant marketshare in the smartphone industry.

So Blackberry that is desperate to have positive cashflows, but your decision is to simply sell the Venice at a loss, pricing at the price of mid to low end phones... What a fantastic business model. At this moment I'm assuming that you just created a CB account to troll or something because it doesn't make sense anymore...

Have ou seen the phone? it has a OLED curved panel (expensive), top end processor (expensive), lots of ram (expensive), Slider mechanism (just added cost compared to "normal" phones)... but yeah... sell it for 300$

if this phone sells for the price of a Lg G4, Passport, or Galaxy S6 (normal), it will be a huge deal given what it delivers. For those who can't afford it, get your more basic one plus two.
    A CEO that would use this business model sure isn't go to last long LOL. some people think $700 is huge money so to each their own I guess. Personally, I would gladly pay $700 to $800 for the phone if it suits my needs but I wouldn't even pay $500 for an iPhone 6s Plus because I have no use for another iPhone.
    09-20-15 04:03 PM
    I agree about the tarnished brand image, being in the automotive industry, I have seen first hand how hard it is to rebuild a tarnished brand.

The first step is to deliver a product to the customer that well lure him/her into the store to buy it, then you have to support the product and monitor customer satisfaction to make sure you are maintaining the quality the customer is expecting for their hard earned money.

I just hope when the slider is released, it will be priced competitively and they improve their customer service to make sure the product has a successful launch.

So far I haven't seen anything out of Waterloo that's giving me a warm and fuzzy feeling when it comes to rebuilding their brand image with my carrier T Mobile or any where else here in the USA?

Hopefully the folks up in those fancy offices up there in Waterloo will make it happen, we can only hope!
    Sir, would you tell us, when taking into account specs, so-called differentiators, and brand image, whether you would consider $699+ to be competitively priced for consumers? I'd be interested to hear from someone with your experience.
    09-20-15 04:05 PM
    Yes, of course, if someone says that a BBRY isn't worth the average consumer plopping down a bar of gold for the privilege of owning, one they must be a troll.

But by all means dodge my question and continue your zealotry. You're certainly in the right place.
    I would have all the pleasure of having an argument with you, if you didn't insist in twisting what I tell you.

When I tell you that the iphone is the best selling smartphone, you told this trying to say that the Premium phone market share is irrelevant:
    Most sold single model, yes, not the most sold platform. That honour belongs to Android, on account of huge sales of low-cost handsets and makes up the bulk of handset sales in the world
    I show you this:
    The Slider is on fire!-13461-8232-150702-comscore-may-l.jpg

.... wich shows that what you say isn't quite true. High end phone sell, and sell well. Those are facts, there's no twisting to them.
    09-20-15 04:08 PM
    Congratulations on your upcoming purchase. Do us a favour and report back how many consumers follow your example while you're there.
    I don't really care if anyone follows my example or not - When I buy a phone I buy it for MY use and don't care what other people think. If I was so worried about following everyone else's examples I would be using either my iPhone or my Note Edge but guess what? I use either my PP or my Z30 as my main phone - the others are just camera's to me. If I end up buying the slider and don't like it, then too bad for me but it's only a phone and not a house so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
    astrodan13 and Blacklatino like this.
    09-20-15 04:11 PM
    And that's what i've been saying for countless posts. No mater the specs, price or format, Blackberry's next phone isn't going to sell like crazy, it will always have low sales, but some people in the forum think that there is a "Holy Grail" that is going to sell a billion phones next day from zero.

I repeat, the first Iphone came out, pretty much as it is today, and it gave huge impressions, but didn't sell aswell as Blackberry or Nokia for example, even the 2nd generation Iphone didn't. Apple was broken, it takes time to build up your business again and to become "something" in any market of any product.

If by any chance the "Venice" becomes a major player in the smartphone industry, wont be in 2015, it would be with the "Venice 2" or "Venice 3" in a few years.
    09-20-15 04:14 PM
    Yeah sure. I am certain that the vast majority that are on a virtual keyboard are gonna instantly love a pkb. PKB are for old people and hipsters.

If it's not priced competitively it's gonna flop. And if it flops BB has two options: stay in the niche market of governments that want super secure phones or go belly up
    I've never had a pkb. I'm not young, I'm not old and absolutely not a hipster. I have no idea at this point if I like a pkb or not. You just might be being a bit over general. I intend to look at the Venice when it comes out. I really don't need a new phone and I don't just go buy phones for the heck of it. I do want to know if I'd be happy with the hardware as well as the software. I'm on bb10 because I like it best. I came from android. IF BlackBerry can pull this off and enough bb10 features are there then the Venice could be my next phone. I don't have to use the pkb if I don't like it. That's what all you guys bashing the pkb tend to leave out

Posted via CB10
    astrodan13 likes this.
    09-20-15 04:18 PM
    Sir, would you tell us, when taking into account specs, so-called differentiators, and brand image, whether you would consider $699+ to be competitively priced for consumers? I'd be interested to hear from someone with your experience.
    Well, with the iPhone 6s 64 gig at 749 and the 6s plus 64 at 849. Then you have the Note 5 32 at 699 and the Edge plus 32 at 739, I would say the slider at 699 would not be attractive to the typical consumer here in the USA.

If you where to market the device at 499 to 549 at the top end and show where the security and added features like the hub and peak are value added, then it would attract some users back to the brand.

One of the major issues is going to be customer support, Apple is the king in this area and this is going to be tough hurtle to jump over. IPhones and Galaxies also have a great resale value, so that must also be factored in.

Brand image rebuilding is a monumental task and takes a good product, service and long term dedication from the manufacturer to make it happen.

I just hope Blackberry hasn't past the point of no return here in the USA where the brand is all but extinct. Just my two cents.
    JohnGrey, ayngling and lift like this.
    09-20-15 04:18 PM
    A CEO that would use this business model sure isn't go to last long LOL. some people think $700 is huge money so to each their own I guess. Personally, I would gladly pay $700 to $800 for the phone if it suits my needs but I wouldn't even pay $500 for an iPhone 6s Plus because I have no use for another iPhone.
    That's the point. I would love the Venice to cost 5$, because I believe I will buy one, but expecting a phone of this caliber to be priced at less than 500$ is just crazy, it's not marketing decision anymore, it's the hardware cost itself. If there was any mistake in the "venice project", it was on the design by making it use expensive hardware. Now it's done, and of course it has to be expensive.

Blackberry rather sell 10 million phones at a profit, than sell 50 million at a loss. If the product is good, most buyers will buy the "venice 2"
    09-20-15 04:20 PM

If you where to market the device at 499 to 549 at the top end and show where the security and added features like the hub and peak are value added, then it would attract some users back to the brand.
    There is a problem, is that the Smartphone as we know it, became so important in our lifes, that we are wiling to spend a lot more on a phone than what we used to 10 years ago. 500$ is borderline mid-end in today's lineup of phones. Today's top end devices are 600$ and above except some cases like the OnePlus or special promotions.
    09-20-15 04:24 PM
    One factor that might come into play is that this is probably the first BlackBerry in years to be even considered by the masses. Regardless of whether the keyboard is an order winning factor or not, this is a great thing.

Most former and current BB10 devices meant some sort of compromise for most users, this one might not.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SunshineStateFlyer; 09-20-15 at 06:24 PM.
    09-20-15 04:36 PM
    One factor that might come into play is that this is probably the first BlackBerry in years to be even considered by the masses, regardless whether the keyboard is an order winning factor or not, this is a great thing.

Most former and current BB10 devices meant some sort of compromise for most users, this one might not.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! :-)

Probably because of, apps... and specs, but just maybe!

�   Leakers' gonna leak... :-)   �
    09-20-15 05:41 PM
    I'm not buying the black one so others will have to buy it for the sales to do well. I'm waiting for a white one. If I won a black one I will just pass it on or make some money towards a white one I wouldn't even open it out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    The white one should look awesome; I'm still mesmerised by the white Z30.
    09-20-15 06:35 PM
    Fingers crossed; hope this device sells millions.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-20-15 06:39 PM
    Fingers crossed; hope this device sells millions.
    It has great chance of doing so, the android comunity seems very interested in it. Not saying it will reach sales that LG, Samsung, HTC, Sony etc get, but I expect to surpass BB10 sales with ease.
    nonamenomore and Marauder2 like this.
    09-20-15 07:01 PM
    And I'm fine with that, just so long as that's their aim. I've said throughout this thread that it would be reasonably successful in that scenario, just not in the consumer space.
    What number of sales in what period of time would you call a "success in the consumer space"? I think if the device sells more than three million in the first quarter of availability, but sales are trending steady and not dropping off steeply shortly after launch, there would have to be SOME significant uptake with consumers, right?

What number would you characterize as "a success with consumers"?
    09-20-15 08:21 PM
    It has great chance of doing so, the android comunity seems very interested in it. Not saying it will reach sales that LG, Samsung, HTC, Sony etc get, but I expect to surpass BB10 sales with ease.
    Totally agree with you.
    nonamenomore likes this.
    09-20-15 08:27 PM
    Yes, I was intrigued by the Passport but was a bit wary about the radical form factor. In the end I decided to wait on the sidelines and sit it out. I don't feel the same way about the Slider and will be grabbing one.
    09-20-15 09:06 PM
    For $699, I'd expect a SD 810v2, 4GB memory, 64GB of internal storage, a QHD display a 3500 mAh battery, wireless charging, and a USB-C port with 3.0 data transmission and HDMI out enabled. For what the leaked specs and what I've seen of the phone, I wouldn't pay a cent over $499 off-contract, not when I can get most of that in the upcoming Nexus 6X for roughly that price. If it's $499 off-contract, I'll consider it.
    Rofl

And....."People in hell want ice water"

PIN 829A "You're only known for the worst thing you do" DSO 1978
    09-20-15 09:40 PM
    What number of sales in what period of time would you call a "success in the consumer space"? I think if the device sells more than three million in the first quarter of availability, but sales are trending steady and not dropping off steeply shortly after launch, there would have to be SOME significant uptake with consumers, right?

What number would you characterize as "a success with consumers"?
    LOL, BB won't order more than 400,000 pieces for first Q of sales...
    09-20-15 09:43 PM
    Some people at work are getting some Android phone with wood grain stuff on it. Actuallly, one person just got it this week. WOW! Give me something that makes this other toy look like a turd and I am in!
    09-20-15 11:02 PM
    The only problem is that Android fanbois tend to have very short attention spans and they are constantly looking for the latest gadgets so it's not uncommon for them to switch devices in 6 - 12 months. Hence, the Slider may have a very short life after it has been released.
    lift likes this.
    09-20-15 11:24 PM
    The only problem is that Android fanbois tend to have very short attention spans and they are constantly looking for the latest gadgets so it's not uncommon for them to switch devices in 6 - 12 months. Hence, the Slider may have a very short life after it has been released.
    So... Slider S?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 12:01 AM
242 ... 678910