As I am always interested in the newest tech gadgets, I often scroll through the relevant blogs and follow them on Twitter.

I really have to say that I have never seen such a hype for any BlackBerry device and there's even more talk about this device than about some of the other high end flagships coming up.

The most astonishing thing about it is that the talk on some of the biggest Android tech sites is almost exclusively positive. It really seems like lots of people want this device so badly! The form factor and the touch enabled keyboard seem to build a lot of hype, which is awesome for BlackBerry.

I think BlackBerry is doing it perfectly right with this upcoming Slider and this could be the device the market has been waiting for. Definitely a big chance for them to get back in the game.

And on a personal note, at first I wasn't sure whether the Slider is for me or not, but right now I am really excited for the release and I am definitely going to get one right away when it comes out.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SunshineStateFlyer; 09-19-15 at 09:35 AM.
    09-19-15 09:09 AM
    Totally agree. John Chen is a very smart chap. If this goes well for BlackBerry it may just turn the corner in the publics eye. Just a small percentage going with the slider from the Android community will have a dramatic effect on BlackBerry's fortunes. This is a win-win no matter how you slice it. Here's hoping so!!

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    sidhuk, ayngling, DJM626 and 12 others like this.
    09-19-15 09:20 AM
    There are a lot of people who think BlackBerry doesn't exist any more. Maybe after knowing about the slider in android forums, they start looking at other BlackBerry devices too. Maybe!

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    09-19-15 09:41 AM
    A lot of the "fire" will die down once folks find out the price of the phone.
    Mansoor2 and lift like this.
    09-19-15 09:52 AM
    There is a huge market for flagship phones - always has been. I don't think this is a problem.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-19-15 09:57 AM
    Let's hope they don't mess it up with high pricing...
    But yeah, if you think about the past, they always did

Posted via CB10
    Batibreaker likes this.
    09-19-15 09:59 AM
    I would actually price it at $699 (so that it's clear it is meant to be a high end phone), but offer an 'early adopter' discount for the first month. Reward those willing to take the plunge early.

I know they did something like that with the Passport, even if eventually they never really raised the price,.. it did get me to pull the trigger right away because 'I didn't want to miss the discount'.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 10:08 AM
    As long as it is not exorbitantly high, I think the price won't be an issue. People are willing to pay a high end price for a high end phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 10:10 AM
    I just recall that the Passport had a lot of buzz too.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 10:16 AM
    If this device keeps the BlackBerry hardware division from being shut we should all pray it sells like crazy.

Personally I think it's a product that if executed and marketed properly could sell millions.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    ayngling, La Emperor and smart548 like this.
    09-19-15 10:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Buzz yes. Everyone saw it.

Doesn't (and was never suppose to) have wide appeal. Niche product.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    ayngling and LuvULongTime like this.
    09-19-15 10:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    In fact it did get quite a lot of attention, that's true, however, that was no comparison to what's currently going on with the Slider.

I think the Passport was mainly viewed as something like a concept phone. People found it interesting that someone is actually releasing something like the Passport, some found it innovative and intriguing, some probably found it rather ridiculous. Yet, it was still BB10 and for most users outside the BlackBerry world it wouldn't have been a serious option anyways.

Now, with the Slider, the comments and articles are in a whole different tone. People actually want this device.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 10:27 AM
    Bake YouTube video of slider 24 hours over 215000 and counting. All other old videos on bake YouTube have 200 - 700 most. Go BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    ayngling and wincyUt like this.
    09-19-15 10:32 AM
    Baka not Bake

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 10:33 AM
    Bake YouTube video of slider 24 hours over 215000 and counting. All other old videos on bake YouTube have 200 - 700 most. Go BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Yeah it's pretty fascinating. I opened it up on my browser yesterday at one point to show someone at work and it had about 40,000 views. Then about 15-20 minutes later showed someone else and it was up to 50,000+.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 10:41 AM
    For every thread like this there are double as many claiming BB10 is dead lol . cant wait for this device to get to the market, the streets is curious.
    MO3iusONE and ayngling like this.
    09-19-15 10:51 AM
    And that's free advertising that does not cost BlackBerry a dime!!! Yes

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    00stryder, ayngling, Xaiux and 4 others like this.
    09-19-15 10:53 AM
    I'm not buying the black one so others will have to buy it for the sales to do well. I'm waiting for a white one. If I won a black one I will just pass it on or make some money towards a white one I wouldn't even open it out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 11:03 AM
    Wrong thread. Good one Ad.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 11:04 AM
    There are a lot of people who think BlackBerry doesn't exist any more. Maybe after knowing about the slider in android forums, they start looking at other BlackBerry devices too. Maybe!

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    Exactly my thoughts!!! BlackBerry is currently nonexistent to the masses. BB10 is great but it doesn't matter of people consider the company as DOA. Being relevant is half the battle, if not more. The Slider hopefully will have people consider BlackBerry again as an option, now and moving forward.

And perhaps a successful Slider will only help keep BB10 alive. And perhaps between gaining relevance publicly, and making money for BB10, it can lead to people looking at the Passport, Classic, along with the Slider. In short, at the very least, people will be LOOKING at BlackBerry again.
    ayngling likes this.
    09-19-15 11:48 AM
    I would actually price it at $699 (so that it's clear it is meant to be a high end phone), but offer an 'early adopter' discount for the first month. Reward those willing to take the plunge early.

I know they did something like that with the Passport, even if eventually they never really raised the price,.. it did get me to pull the trigger right away because 'I didn't want to miss the discount'.

Posted via CB10
    For $699, I'd expect a SD 810v2, 4GB memory, 64GB of internal storage, a QHD display a 3500 mAh battery, wireless charging, and a USB-C port with 3.0 data transmission and HDMI out enabled. For what the leaked specs and what I've seen of the phone, I wouldn't pay a cent over $499 off-contract, not when I can get most of that in the upcoming Nexus 6X for roughly that price. If it's $499 off-contract, I'll consider it.
    09-19-15 12:54 PM
    For $699, I'd expect a SD 810v2, 4GB memory, 64GB of internal storage, a QHD display a 3500 mAh battery, wireless charging, and a USB-C port with 3.0 data transmission and HDMI out enabled. For what the leaked specs and what I've seen of the phone, I wouldn't pay a cent over $499 off-contract, not when I can get most of that in the upcoming Nexus 6X for roughly that price. If it's $499 off-contract, I'll consider it.
    The LG G4 and Samsung S6 Edge are going for around $599 off contract. Someone is buying them.

I would expect the Slider to be at least $50-100 more at the outset. The keyboard and Experience Suite are hardly free.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-19-15 01:03 PM
    And this is hardly an uncommon position.
    09-19-15 01:03 PM
    Well, if the leaked specs are to be believed, you're going to be sorely disappointed...

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 01:07 PM
    Well, if the leaked specs are to be believed, you're going to be sorely disappointed...

Posted via CB10
    Which is why I'm willing to pay $499 for the Nexus 6X and not $699. The specs required for the $699 commitment are universal to me, regardless of what brand it is. But it does have the 810v2, 3GB of memory, wireless charging, the USB-C port and the QHD display, which I feel is excellent for the probable cost.
    09-19-15 01:13 PM
242 123 ...