So it seems that it's "almost" confirmed to have an 18mpx camera with OIS and phase detection (yay!)

I can't seem to find any phone using this exact arrangement. I'm curious as to which sensor the slider will be using.

Eg. Passports camera hardware is the Sony imx135 used on the samsung galaxy s4 and LG g2

Anyone have any idea?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 03:38 PM
    Is no one excited about this? Phase detection autofocus, OIS and dual led flash places the slider as one of the best smartphone cameras right now!

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 07:00 AM
    Is no one excited about this? Phase detection autofocus, OIS and dual led flash places the slider as one of the best smartphone cameras right now!

Posted via CB10
    Actually I'm quite happy if the Phase Detection rumour proves to be true. It'll mean no more grounds for complaint over slow focus speeds.
    08-10-15 07:03 AM
    It will have a16 MP camera that it will use interpolation to take 18 MP photos.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 07:03 AM
    I'm super excited but I will also hold my opinion until I get one

Posted via CB Z30
    08-10-15 07:30 AM
    i dont think the actual camera has been a problem in some of the bb10 phones i think the software from BB has been pretty shotty and slow. The hardware on the passport should be great for pics
    08-10-15 07:50 AM
    The camera may not be BlackBerry's strong point but not it's weak point either.

Taken with Q10
    Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Slider camera-img_20140420_150641.jpg  
    08-10-15 08:11 AM
    Absolutely excited!! A strong cellphone camera is an absolute MUST for me and virtually everyone I interact with. I can't wait to come back to Blackberry.

You can already tell that the other smartphone manufacturers know they can't come to play with a ****ty camera offering anymore... like even though I'm excited for the Slider, the midrange smartphones announced this month already may do a better job than it (Moto X Play, Style, Xperia M5, Sony Ultra C5, Asus Zenfone 2/Deluxe), the flagships arriving imminently almost certainly outspecced it already (LG G4 Pro, Microsoft Cityman/Talkman, Note 5, Xperia Z5, new iPhone) and Blackberry has never been that great at post-processing so I won't hold my breath about it being one of the best smartphone cameras available. It's definitely going to be a very solid competitor though!

I was so close to buying the Passport but the weak/inconsistent camera turned me off, the camera is just too vital for me. Phasedetection sounds promising but I have to see reviews on it first. If the Passport price point was lower I could deal, but it was just irresponsible to spend that kind of money on a device I'd probably want to throw at a wall after a few months because the camera can't handle the slightest amount of movement... especially since my 2012 camera (Lumia) was so much better than the Passport camera, and the Note 4's camera obliterated the Passport camera in virtually every way (and was actually offered by my carrier, sigh).

The Slider's camera sounds on trend so far, let's see if they don't drop the ball with photo processing like the Xperia Z1-Z3 line tends to. I can't wait for more details...I'm certain this will be my next phone. Unless they screw up spectacularly. Literally have had a "Blackberry Slider" fund chock full of money waiting for this device for months now. Even if it's not the best camera, I'm certain it would be an improvement over the Passport's camera in functionality and I have no excuse to not purchase it. TAKE MY MONEY BLACKBERRY~!
    08-10-15 08:50 AM
    I took this on a Passport, so absolutely looking forward to seeing what an 18MP OIS PD camera can do. Slider camera-img_20150801_171150.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 05:03 PM
    Where did you get the info from on phase detection?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 04:06 PM
    i was very excited about this before the passport was even released was so waiting on it as its the best of both worlds for me as i loved my torch 9810 but now hearing about it running android i shall wait and see.
    08-11-15 04:30 PM
    great shot
    08-11-15 04:31 PM
    It will be nice if it had that and IF this phone is released on time. Otherwise someone else will beat them to the punch and come out with it first

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 05:08 PM