So I was thinking about this the other day, after reading a post about what would you do if BlackBerry fails to deliver a flagship all touch device in 2015?

Wouldn't you consider the slider an all touch device if you don't use the slide out keyboard? And it sounds like from everything so far that it's going to have flagship specs?

So the new phone would satisfy both camps..the all touch camp and the slider camp?

Interesting to hear your thoughts?

BlackBerry... Now and Forever.
    05-28-15 06:51 PM
    So I was thinking about this the other day, after reading a post about what would you do if BlackBerry fails to deliver a flagship all touch device in 2015?

Wouldn't you consider the slider an all touch device if you don't use the slide out keyboard? And it sounds like from everything so far that it's going to have flagship specs?

So the new phone would satisfy both camps..the all touch camp and the slider camp?

Using it in the fashion you describe would constitute a "full touch" device, but it would be a much "thicker" than an only full touch device. In my mind it would be kind of like a Z30 with an external/over-sized battery.

Just my thought.
    05-28-15 07:07 PM

That's precisely why I'm probably going to buy the slider

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 07:19 PM
    I think a slider with a small lock button on the side to unlock the KB would be cool.

Like a spring loaded Torch...that way the All Touch crowd can just keep it mechanically closed/locked and not have to worry about it opening, and the PKB crowd can have a pop out KB at the touch of a button.

I understand the difficulty of making something like that reliable, small, and sturdy though, so it will most likely be a standard torch style slider with a simple detent stop.
    05-28-15 07:20 PM
    Using it in the fashion you describe would constitute a "full touch" device, but it would be a much "thicker" than an only full touch device. In my mind it would be kind of like a Z30 with an external/over-sized battery.

Just my thought.
    It's more than that. It's a Z30 with an over-sized battery, better processor, WAY better screen, more ram, better camera, optional keyboard, curved screen.

Of course specs are only rumors at the moment but they seem likely

Posted via CB10
    stu78 likes this.
    05-28-15 07:21 PM
    I think a slider with a small lock button on the side to unlock the KB would be cool.

Like a spring loaded Torch...that way the All Touch crowd can just keep it mechanically closed/locked and not have to worry about it opening, and the PKB crowd can have a pop out KB at the touch of a button.

I understand the difficulty of making something like that reliable, small, and sturdy though, so it will most likely be a standard torch style slider with a simple detent stop.
    If want that too

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 07:22 PM

Just my thought.
    And thank god it will be thicker, phones these days are way too thin and flimsy! I still wish for them to come out with a phone as thick as the bold 9000

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-28-15 07:29 PM
    Agree. I switched from my Passport back to a Z30 and can't wait for the Zzlider to come out - best of both worlds.

STA 100-3 10.2.3.680 Allergy/Pulmonary
    05-28-15 08:07 PM

As possible as it is to see a virtual keyboard as well as the physical one on this (cf Torch 9800), the VKB fans have a ton of phones to choose from. BB's all-touch flagship is the Z30. I don't see anyone buying this and not using the pkb. That's the targeted market.

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my Q10 doesn't support it.
    05-29-15 05:27 AM
    Depends on what the final package size and weight is. If too thinker and heavier than a Z30, then it's a comprise, not a best of both worlds.

Posted via Z30
    mundo472 likes this.
    06-07-15 07:22 PM
    I wouldn't mind the phone being a bit thicker than a Z10. Physically I think the Z10 is perfect. Shame I have an extended battery on it to make up for the relatively poor battery life. Fact is a device of this size can't provide miracles in terms of battery life. Especially for heavy users. Looking forward to the slider and I might get it as a touch replacement partially because I'm curious about how a keyboard would work for me but unwilling to commit to a form factor like the passport and feel like the other devices don't offer enough for me to essentially side-grade instead of upgrade.

Edit: I think the passport is great, I just don't think it's worth $500+ to gamble on a form factor I can't try in stores. Slider I could maybe gamble on it, let it slide if you will hehe.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 11:39 PM

This is my hope, I don't want to be forced to use the keyboard if I don't want to. But I've never owned a BlackBerry keyboard before so I'm intrigued about the slider. Best of both styles

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 05:26 PM
    Slider an ALL TOUCH device?-new-blackberry-slider-2_edit.jpg

This is how the slider would look when closed.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 07:01 PM
    Samsung is having production issues with the curved screen due to higher than expected demand for the Edge. Expect the Slider to be delayed! Apparently they expected Edge to sell 20 to 30% of what the regular GS6, and it is selling about 1 to 1.

Posted via Z30
    06-13-15 08:19 PM
    Found this render online. Not sure if it's been posted. Weight distribution on this one would be key though.
    Slider an ALL TOUCH device?-blackberryflowtop.jpg

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 08:54 PM
    If verizon offers it I will likely try it out. I really don't care to have or need a physical keyboard, but then I've never had one. I'd be interested in looking at the slider.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 09:11 PM
    Found this render online. Not sure if it's been posted. Weight distribution on this one would be key though.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackBerryFlowTop.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	357451

Posted via CB10
    That one will never see the light of day.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 05:14 AM
    That one will never see the light of day.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, just thought it looked nice.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 10:20 AM
    Agreed, just thought it looked nice.

Posted via CB10
    Looks nice but never will handle nice cause it's it's wide as passport and it will be higher yet which will be very unbalanced for typing on that keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    06-14-15 04:17 PM