I also noticed the top of the shell has 5 double lines that aren't flush. No issues there either?

Posted via CB10
    Unless someone carelessly slaps the case on they should be fine. Just gently push the phone into the bottom shall as directed..

Posted via CB10
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    11-14-15 03:41 PM
    I like the case too. It does leave marks on the device though. I put little pieces of tape where the marks started in order to keep the marks from turning white at least.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 03:43 PM
    Its hard to screw up installing this case, but it doesn't matter how careful you are at installing it, those marks are going to be present after some time regardless.

11-14-15 03:45 PM
    Its those hard circles on the sides of the rubber pieces holding the button covers in place.

11-14-15 03:46 PM
    I think this has gotten out of hand.

Just to be clear for everyone, just use a small tool (screwdriver, hell even nail clippers) and remove the tips of the rivets.

It takes literally 47 seconds and case works fine.

I get it that we should not have to do this but super easy fix.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks so much for your clarification

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 04:05 PM
    OK so I just popped out the volume key things and the power button as well. Don't think they're necessary and think it would look better without them covered anyway, but...

I picked at the rivets for a while. I don't have 4 nice rivets sitting on the floor, but when I look closely I don't see them anymore and don't really feel them either. I'll post pics in a few.

My mom's Priv will be coming Monday and besides the leather pouch I bought she spent $50 on this one and wasn't too happy when I just told her I think I screwed it up because I was trying to fix it. Mess.

And I also told her the screen protectors we rushed here for $20 probably won't fit right either as noted in another thread since they're labeled BlackBerry Venice and it seems like the design changed a bit. Hopefully, Skinomi is sending the new ones they made that actually fit and not the other ones that didn't fit for somebody else. The skins should be here Tuesday or Wednesday.

Let me take pics now... wow looks like I just made it worse. Mad. Seems I filed it down somehow and didn't remove the 4 rivets so nicely as others seem to have. SMH. Looks terrible. Def looks worse in pictures...

Attachment 380622
    Attachment 380623

Edit: Wondering if I can somehow even the inside out so that way the plastic I picked at isn't scratching the device and it's all even. I don't know. I know I can't feel the rivets anymore, but they didn't just pop out nicely. Used the T4. Ugh.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 04:20 PM
    What about the bottom corners of the case, do you think they will damage the corners of the device?
    11-14-15 04:24 PM
    I bought this case and returned it two days later. I paid full price ($54 after tax) and felt that the build quality wasn't there. It looked like it had about 25 cents worth of plastic in it and it made the sliding sound clunky.

No case for me. On the other hand I did find out that bestbuy can put a screen protector on the priv and guarantee it for life.
    11-14-15 05:08 PM
    RLturn,

Yeah the chisel tip is to best bet to get a clean cut.

I would say that as long as you put the rubber buttons back it shouldn't cushion it enough.

I suspect they are needed to reach the hardware buttons.

Just use caution when installing.

RLTurn77 likes this.
    11-14-15 05:23 PM
    I used a hobby knife to cut them flush with the rubbery button material. Anyway I then put some black tape over them just in case.

However, I do not like the case. It is too slippery and kind of bulky. I took if off and going naked for now with the leather holster. I kind of like the leather flip case but I am use to having the device in my pocket or on my belt. I am hoping that seidio will produce a surface case.

11-14-15 05:33 PM
    OK, so the Priv for my mom is coming tomorrow. You can see my hack job above trying to remove the rivets. I added the rubber keys back in and it is all flush meaning I can't feel where the rivets were.

I should have felt it beforehand, but hindsight now. Should I use it? Was thinking about using some fine sandpaper to smooth it out then add the rubber back, but here's what is is now...

Attachment 380780
    Attachment 380781

As a side note, the Skinomi protectors show as pre-ship so I'm stuck with iCarez which likely used the old (wrong) template, but will use them as a screen protector temporarily I guess. Hoping Skinomi sends out the corrected protector with the skins rather than the older one that didn't fit properly.

I did buy a leather pouch and might just have her use that for now. Then we'll hopefully get the skin and corrected protector from Skinomi (I hope). Just not sure if I should even use the shell. It was $50!

Thanks for the help so far!

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 07:41 PM
    The rubber should cushion it.

About the top slots, they are just spacers, I checked mine and there was no markings.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 07:49 PM
    The rubber should cushion it.

About the top slots, they are just spacers, I checked mine and there was no markings.

Posted via CB10
    what about the bottom corners? Seems like a place the plastic could rub at the phone.
    11-15-15 07:54 PM
    what about the bottom corners? Seems like a place the plastic could rub at the phone.
    I've never had an issue with the Passport hard shell as mentioned. Seems like the rivets in this were causing issues for some.

Right now, with what I've done, I cannot feel any rivets at all. Not sure if they are/were noticeable before. I'm assuming so if they could actually puncture a device.

If anyone has the hard shell untouched are you able to feel the rivets sticking out?

I guess that's my question because from what I've done, the rivets seem either gone or sanded down. I can't feel them sticking out at all. Wouldn't know they were there anymore.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 08:11 PM
    Is it possible to put the PRIV with the hardshell in your pocket? Does it feel like it won't break or bend with the hardshell?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 10:43 PM
    Attachment 380118

So like many have reported, I can confirm indentation below the volume rockers. Not sure how well it shows in the pic, but it's definitely there. It's noticeable when the right light hits. Is it a deal breaker? Probably not but I am someone that likes to keep my toys pristine. In the meantime i've applied a few pieces of electrical tape to create some sort of cushion.

Posted via the Crackberry App | Passport
    UPDATE: As per my original post to start this thread and per the above quoted, I would like to share with everyone what's been going on the last few days.

Started with contacting BlackBerry directly with regards to the damage caused by the case. My argument being an OEM BlackBerry case has damaged the same BlackBerry product that it was specifically designed to protect. That's when the "phone tag" started. They told me to contact the retailer of the case (in this case Crackberry). Rep from Crackberry, as expected tells me to contact the manufacturer. Call back to Blackberry and they insist they can't do anything and the reseller is responsible. With regards to replacing the device, they then tell me I need to contact the point of purchase, in this case Rogers. Call Rogers, and of course, they tell me because I don't have the (useless) device protection plan I need to talk to the manufacturer. So call back to Blackberry and I state my case that their product damaged their product. They say nothing they can do because the reseller of the case is responsible for checking any defects and apparently I'm an isolated case (which we all know is bogus with everyone replying to this thread). So when it was all said and done and I have to give credit to the second BlackBerry rep that handled my case and spoke to a Crackberry rep on my behalf, Crackberry is refunding me for the purchase of the hard shell case and I'm sending it back as part of the deal.

Posted via the Crackberry App | Passport
    11-16-15 12:00 PM
    Is it possible to put the PRIV with the hardshell in your pocket? Does it feel like it won't break or bend with the hardshell?

Posted via CB10
    It's a tank with the hard shell on, so I doubt it will bend in pocket but it fits..

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 01:55 PM
    Better than starting up another thread.

To those living on transportation everyday for work and have a NFC card to pay for the fare (ie. Prestocard).

I modified my hard shell case to fit in the card so I don't need to bring out the wallet or card every time I want to scan it. I simply scan from the back of the phone w/ case on.

It's a simple process and it took me about 15 minutes.

FYI - if you don't sand down the area and just put in the card; the sliding will be rough/hard as the card is creating an extra layer which will bump up the phone and won't sit very flush

Materials needed:

- Hard shell OEM case from BB
    - #60 course grit sand paper
    - #120 sand paper

***PLEASE NOTE: HOLD THE CASE WHILE YOU SAND DOWN THE INSIDE. THE SAND PAPER PARTICLES WILL FALL DOWN ONTO THE TABLE. IF YOU SET THE CASE ON THE TABLE, THE BACK OF YOUR CASE WILL START SANDING WITHOUT YOU NOTICING. YOUR $50 CASE WILL BE RUINED IF YOU DON'T DO THIS. I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES.***

Step 1: Start off with drawing an outline of the card on the inside of the hard shell case.
    Step 2: Start using the #60 course sand paper and sand down the outlined area. Do this for about 10-13 minutes non stop
    Step 3: Use the #120 sand paper to smooth out the sanding
    Step 4: Put card in and phone after

Perform some tests after such as sliding up the phone and ensure it doesn't feel rough to slide up and down. If it does feel rough, repeat steps 2-4 again.

As an extra pre-caution as I like to keep the phone pristine. I got some 3M carbon vinyl paper and I wrapped the card. The vinyl will help keep the pressure of the plastic from rubbing on your phone. I actually find this helps with the overheating as the vinyl is made to absorb heat (meant for cars).

Lastly, yes I did remove the circles on the volume and power button with an exacto knife.
    Last edited by dpanda88; 11-16-15 at 03:20 PM.
    11-16-15 03:07 PM
    You threw it in the trash? why wouldn't you just return it or sel it. Seems a silly waste of $40 for a problem with an easy solution.
    11-17-15 11:42 AM
    Okay so I got the case and first thing I did was to cut the small black circles from the case. I used a sharper that I broke using a hammer and used it's blade to cut them. Very funny but very effective, I'm happy I did it only took about a minute to do all four of them and now the case is perfect and looks amazing. Sorry I couldn't upload pictures because the apps keeps crashing for some reason when I attempt to attach pictures with this post.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on BlackBerry Priv
    11-20-15 10:42 PM
    Is it 47 seconds total or per rivet ?

Posted w/ Priv
    Loooool.
    11-22-15 03:03 PM
    The hard shell isn't bad. It adds some size, but it's well made, except for the marks it leaves on the sides. The flimsy top part isn't that bad, it's not that noticeable when using it, just when you examine it.

11-22-15 10:29 PM
    What would be great is if BlackBerry fixed this at the factory. Offer free exchanges for those who have the original.

11-22-15 10:32 PM
    I used sharper blade to cut the small four black circles and my case is awesome. Took me 60 seconds to do it. I don't know why people need to make big deal out of it. No need for any tools just use a blade or something really sharp to cut it and off you go.

11-22-15 10:54 PM
    Alright, so I just got my Priv from BB along with a hard shell case.. I was going to modify the case buttons, but in all honesty, the case went on without issue and the buttons seem to be functioning properly. As long as it doesn't cause damage to any of the internals (which I doubt it will), then a little circle mark ain't no big deal, imo... butttt, I will say that the hard shell case does not feel grippy whatsoever, i.e. might be easier for me to drop it now cause it's borderline slick/slippery feeling, lol. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has both the hard shell case and the leather pocket? Would be PRIME if I could fit this, with the hard shell case, into the leather pocket. Cheers!
    WT44 likes this.
    12-01-15 10:39 AM
105 12345