What other options are there for protection in construction environment?

Posted w/ Priv
    I would like to know the same thing. Not too many options out there right now for hard shells. Currently using the smart flip case.
    11-12-15 12:37 PM
    I was able to push the little plastic rivets off with a small screwdriver.

I didn't bother gluing or taping either and the case went on well.

No worries..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    WT44 likes this.
    11-13-15 03:33 PM
    Slideout Hard Shell Case for Priv-img_20151113_111703.jpg
    Slideout Hard Shell Case for Priv-img_20151113_111832.jpg
    Slideout Hard Shell Case for Priv-img_20151113_111851.jpg
    Slideout Hard Shell Case for Priv-img_20151113_111910.jpg

Posted via CB10
    WT44 likes this.
    11-13-15 04:23 PM
    Like the other user said I used an Exacto knife to remove the small plastic rivets then used some super glue to glue the rubber back to the case where the rivets were. It worked great and removed the issue.
    Got mine today and because of this thread looked at the rivets used to hold the rubber buttons in. I will probably get my hobby knife out and touch it up tonight.
    11-13-15 04:27 PM
    I was thinking of getting the hard shell case, but it looks too bulky.
    Can anyone with the case, please post any snaps with ONLY the back on, not the front screen lining.
    I just want to know how it looks without the full case on.

Appreciate it in advance!
    11-13-15 11:44 PM
    Anyone with hard shell case know the actual dimensions with case on?

Posted w/ Priv
    11-14-15 07:17 AM
    Anyone with hard shell case know the actual dimensions with case on?

Posted w/ Priv
    Big.

I got my free one yesterday and immediately threw in trash.

Why anyone would use this case after the warnings is absolutely beyond me.

Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    11-14-15 07:20 AM
    Big.

What other option do we have case wise. Holsters and flip wallets don't count
    11-14-15 07:21 AM
    I'm getting my PRIV next week, Can someone please let me know the following :

Does the hard case worth putting on?

Does the electrical tape solution works? If so what's the exact locations needs to be taped?

Can I just put hard case for the screen and not the keyboard?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 08:15 AM
    What other option do we have case wise. Holsters and flip wallets don't count
    None. For now. It seems. Still doesn't make me want to use a case that damages my phone. Also, damn, it is ugly as h3ll.
    11-14-15 08:43 AM

Does the electrical tape solution works? If so what's the exact locations needs to be taped?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    No. It will damage your phone.

What electrical tape solution? Are you talking about the LG V10 fingerprint scanner issue? Didn't know there was an electrical tape problem/solution for Priv.

Yes, but it will damage your phone.
    11-14-15 08:44 AM
    I have the OEM BlackBerry hard case that I haven't put on yet. Yes it is disappointing that the case is putting dimples on the sides of the Priv but I'm not comfortable using my Priv, or any of my previous devices, naked.

For me personally it's a minor p*ss off I suppose. As these devices are prone to taking flight and hitting the pavement I think I can live with a couple of dimples on the sides rather than dinged up corners, or worse.

Before I install the case on my Priv I'm going to try it out on a demo Priv at my local AT&T store. I'm curious how it will feel on the Priv while using it. Naked the Priv feels very comfortable but I am a bit concerned about the hard case making it a bit cumbersome.

So the pros for me are having protection for my Priv and the cons are a couple of dimples on the side and maybe some additional bulk that will drastically change how the Priv feels naked. I will know more later today.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    11-14-15 09:01 AM

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    The rivets on both side of the bottom portion of the case need to be cut out, as was suggested here.

They are the rivets on both the left and right sides that hold the rubber button inserts to the lower half of the case.

The tape was suggested to hold the rubber inserts in place after cutting the rivets. I did not use it as the phone holds the rubber inserts in place jut fine for me.

11-14-15 09:06 AM

I think this has gotten out of hand.

Just to be clear for everyone, just use a small tool (screwdriver, hell even nail clippers) and remove the tips of the rivets.

It takes literally 47 seconds and case works fine.

I get it that we should not have to do this but super easy fix.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 09:52 AM

Just to be clear for everyone, just use a small tool (screwdriver, hell even nail clippers) and remove the tips of the rivets.

Posted via CB10
    Is it 47 seconds total or per rivet ?

Posted w/ Priv
    11-14-15 01:27 PM
    Is it 47 seconds total or per rivet ?

Posted w/ Priv
    Well it was between 10-12 seconds per rivet. So in order to report more accurately I should have stated 44 +/- 4 seconds total.

Actually it took far longer to get a decent photo from the Leap!

Pop the rivets, enjoy the case and hug your family. Somethings are just not worth the stress and anger.

If anyone else is throwing their case away, I would be happy to pay postage to my place...

Posted via CB10
    gritsinct and the brother like this.
    11-14-15 01:58 PM
    Somethings are just not worth the stress and anger.
    What about trying to get a straight answer from ShopBB?
    11-14-15 02:00 PM
    Well it was between 10-12 seconds per rivet. So in order to report more accurately I should have stated 44 +/- 4 seconds total.

Pop the rivets, enjoy the case and hug your family. Somethings are just not worth the stress and anger.

If anyone else is throwing their case away, I would be happy to pay postage to my place...

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts exactly !

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 02:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    Another post says the rivets on the bottom portion of the case need to be taken out? The way it looks to me is that there is one above and below the volume keys and another two on the other side. So that would be four total rivets, correct?

I have no problem removing them if this will work and prevent any damage to the device, but these explanations are a bit confusing to me. I'll have to go look at the hard shell I have. Someone also asked if the top or bottom of the hard shell cause damage?

If it is just a matter of taking a screw driver and removing the rivets, I'd appreciate if someone could just give a bit more detailed instructions on how many rivets there are and what to use to remove (any old screwdriver?), easiest way to remove, etc.

If I end up not cancelling and accepting my shopblackberry order then I'll have another hard shell so this would be useful to know. Loved the hard shell on the Passport. Most didn't even know there was a case on it at all. Hoping I can make the hard shell work for the Priv.

Thanks! :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 02:22 PM
    What about trying to get a straight answer from ShopBB?
    I asked shop BB and he was insinuating that the forums make these things up. I'm totally not lying. Claiming he never heard of this issue and ensured this wouldn't happen to a manufacturer case. Smh.
    11-14-15 02:38 PM
    Ya. I'm wondering if any other rivets at the top or bottom need to come off too?

Still waiting for my free case, although, I'm prolly not gonna use it.

Terrible design..

11-14-15 02:39 PM
    The way it looks to me is that there is one above and below the volume keys and another two on the other side. So that would be four total rivets, correct?
    Yes, here are 2 rivets per rubber button strip. Total of 4, and all need to go as they are simply not flush with the inner rail of the case.

I have no problem removing them if this will prevent any damage to the device, but these explanations are a bit confusing. Someone also asked if the top or bottom of the hard shell cause damage?
    Yes, inspect your case first and this will make more sense. From what I saw the rest of the case is good BUT be sure to follow the install procedure directions. Just like any hard case, if slapped on incorrectly damage may occur.

Is it just a matter of taking a screw driver and removing the rivets? Could someone give more detailed instructions on how to remove rivets and what to use (any old screwdriver?), easiest way to remove, etc.
    Yes, it is very simple:
    1] Use a small screw driver with a fine chisel tip about h3 size of the rivet (1-2mm),like one for small electronics.

2] Gently jab at the rivet stem just under 3 flat top. The rivet will break off at the stem

3] Do this another 3 times and install case

OPTIONAL: as the rubber button strips are now loose you can choose to use a SMALL amount of glue to hold in place.

**my photos above show the screwdriver I used and the rivets once removed.**

Posted via CB10
    RLTurn77 and gritsinct like this.
    11-14-15 03:02 PM
    Thank you for the instructions! Much appreciated.

So it's just the four rivets that are actually puncturing some devices and the rest of the hard shell is fine? Going to take a look at the one I have now.

I have an old cell phone repair kit from when I changed a Z30 screen using a T4. Will see what works best and definitely remove them and be able to enjoy the case!

Thanks again :-)

Edit: Looking at the hard shell now and I see the 2 rivets on each side and the volume/power button. That's not flush either, but seems like that's not causing any issues. I also noticed the top of the shell has 5 double lines that aren't flush. No issues there either?

...only asking because the Passport hard shell was quite simple. Slide the device in and snap the four corners shut; there was no extra rivets or anything along the top (above the camera). Would have liked an even more minimalistic design, but may have been difficult with the Slider. Anyway, will remove the rivets now.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 03:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think you're missing the point, he threw it in the garbage compactor because he doesn't find the case sexy.
    Obviously, he has a point. Maybe SeltzerWater should purchase one of these.

IPHONE 4 / IPHONE 4G SOCKS 6 PACK PINK BLUE GREEN: Amazon.co.uk: ElectronicsSlideout Hard Shell Case for Priv-51ipqmt2dal._sy300_.jpg
    11-14-15 03:22 PM
    I went over to the AT&T store and my rep and I removed the rivets on both sides. Pretty easy peasy using a single edge razor blade. Removing the rivets does not effect the case going on securely and all the buttons function normally. In addition we put on a BodyGuardz screen protector.

The hard case does add a little width to the Priv but not enough to make it awkward or uncomfortable to use. The end result is now I have protection for my Priv.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    11-14-15 03:36 PM
105 1234 ...