04-27-16 03:39 PM
105 123 ...
tools
    Just got mine from the Crackberry Shop. Snug fit and adds some weight which makes me feel confident. Heard some people complaining the case left indentations on the side of their Priv. Obviously I literally just put mine on, but I also removed it once to check for anything and all is fine. I'll try again in a few days after some use to see if anything changes. Now all I need is an OEM screen protector and I'm good to go.
    Slideout Hard Shell Case for Priv-img_20151110_121557.jpg
    Slideout Hard Shell Case for Priv-img_20151110_121608.jpg
    Slideout Hard Shell Case for Priv-img_20151110_121643.jpg
    Slideout Hard Shell Case for Priv-img_20151110_121707.jpg

Posted via the Crackberry App | Passport
    11-10-15 12:24 PM
    Thanks for the pictures. I might get this case so that I can mount my phone on the dashboard in the car for my Waze app. I might wait a little bit to see if they change the design so that it doesn't damage the phone, or I might modify it myself. Other than that, I'm going to be using the phone with no case.
    11-10-15 12:27 PM
    Check for indentations, like where the soft rubber has been pressed but not scraped off. I'd check for that rather than wreck the phone.
    11-10-15 12:30 PM
    Be careful, as you know most early reports show this case damaging the phone.
    WT44 likes this.
    11-10-15 12:40 PM
    What a stupid design flaw. You'd think they would test the phone and the case for a few weeks and catch this.
    WT44 and buwee like this.
    11-10-15 12:44 PM
    Check for indentations, like where the soft rubber has been pressed but not scraped off. I'd check for that rather than wreck the phone.
    Like I said, I'll give it a few days to properly assess. So far so good.

One thing that is a bit annoying though is the slight give on the left side where there is an open slot that allows the power button to move with the top case as it slides.

Posted via the CrackBerry App | Priv
    11-10-15 01:38 PM
    No issues with mine either

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android cause I'm a Prividiot
    11-10-15 01:43 PM
    I just took mine off, had been on the phone since I picked it up on Friday....I have the little indent marks above and below the side buttons :S
    11-10-15 01:53 PM
    Do you have a kitchen scale where you can weigh the amount of grams of this thing?
    ShopBlackBerry Online Store - *PRIV Slide-Out Hard Shell, Black
    Doesn't mention anything and I'm kinda interested to know how much more it'll add to the 192 grams of the device. Do you also know how much mm's wider and taller the device gets?
    11-10-15 02:00 PM
    Is this hard shell slippery as all heck?

I looked at one yesterday and man was it slippy and just generally cheap looking/feeling

Also the leather flip was equally non-premium looking
    11-11-15 11:38 AM
    Is this hard shell slippery as all heck?

I looked at one yesterday and man was it slippy and just generally cheap looking/feeling

Also the leather flip was equally non-premium looking
    Not slippery at all. Has texture too it for grip.

11-11-15 03:12 PM
    Slideout Hard Shell Case for Priv-img_20151111_145542.jpg

So like many have reported, I can confirm indentation below the volume rockers. Not sure how well it shows in the pic, but it's definitely there. It's noticeable when the right light hits. Is it a deal breaker? Probably not but I am someone that likes to keep my toys pristine. In the meantime i've applied a few pieces of electrical tape to create some sort of cushion.

WT44 likes this.
    11-11-15 03:15 PM
    Like the other user said I used an Exacto knife to remove the small plastic rivets then used some super glue to glue the rubber back to the case where the rivets were. It worked great and removed the issue.
    11-11-15 03:18 PM
    Like the other user said I used an Exacto knife to remove the small plastic rivets then used some super glue to glue the rubber back to the case where the rivets were. It worked great and removed the issue.
    Started with the knife but it was a little too small for me to handle and a bit too much work involved. My electrical tape solution should do the trick.

11-11-15 03:20 PM
    Has anyone tried running just the back plate? I'm curious about how it looks....anyone mind taking a pic?

Posted via Blackberry "Perv"
    11-11-15 03:47 PM
    There really should be a bulletin about this..

It is clear to see the plastic rivets are not flush with the rest of the inner case.

The rivets need to be removed to avoid problems then use minor glue or thin tape to secure the rubber buttons.

This will definitely apply to ALL hard shells so this must be done to avoid damage.

I may be able to make up a "how to" thread..

Posted via CB10
    WT44 likes this.
    11-11-15 03:59 PM
    Yes use a razor blade and cut the plastic rivets use contact cement where the rivets were, problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 08:14 PM
    Started with the knife but it was a little too small for me to handle and a bit too much work involved. My electrical tape solution should do the trick.

Pics plz

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 08:21 PM
    Does the front piece of the hard shell case feel really flimsy like others have posted?

Posted w/ Priv
    11-11-15 08:27 PM
    Does the front piece of the hard shell case feel really flimsy like others have posted?

Posted w/ Priv
    It's this plastic rails so yes it will be. Once on the phone it should be stiffer.

If I remember illbtry and use the htc to take some photos but they usually come out terribly.
    11-11-15 08:36 PM
    What a stupid design flaw. You'd think they would test the phone and the case for a few weeks and catch this.
    Yep, and the smartflip case isn't much better - the LED hole does not line up with the actual LED and the clock display through the little window only works properly when the time is only 3 digits LOL - ie: works fine except when it's 10:00, 11:00 or 12:00 LOL. When it is either of these times you only see the 2 digits for the hour followed by ... (12...) Who tests these things anyway? My guess is no one and is pretty pathetic for a $70 case.

Oh yeah, the sliding hard case adds about 1/2" all around to the phone making it HUGE - It turns a great feeling phone into a POS imo - Yuk!
    11-11-15 08:50 PM

Posted w/ Priv
    Yep, it sure does feel extremely flimsy
    11-11-15 08:54 PM
    Yep, it sure does feel extremely flimsy
    It is very flimsy even on the phone. Not worth $40 for sure.
    11-11-15 09:31 PM
    It is very flimsy even on the phone. Not worth $40 for sure.
    What other options are there for protection in construction environment?

Posted w/ Priv
    11-11-15 10:19 PM
    Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to my hard case now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-11-15 10:30 PM
105 123 ...