When Passport came out, all the rage was conversations about the size & pocket issues with attenuate screen lift etc. I would like to know how the Priv handles. Is it pocket friendly? What about the tip over tendency when KB is open & in use? Real observations honestly. I don't care about a lovefest...just the facts...

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 10:35 AM
    I have no issue with either my Passport or my Priv in my jean or coat pockets.

I also find the Priv keyboard extremely well balanced when open - which I only use for long messages. Never once have I thought it would fall out of my hands. It's nice to get my one-handed use back too, I must admit.
    01-18-16 10:54 AM
    If you bend down or bend over throughout the day then a holster-style case might be a better option when carrying the BlackBerry Priv. The BlackBerry Priv is a bit too tall for standard shirt pocket although assuming you wear a vest or jacket it is fine.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    01-18-16 12:55 PM
    If you bend down or bend over throughout the day then a holster-style case might be a better option when carrying the BlackBerry Priv. The BlackBerry Priv is a bit too tall for standard shirt pocket although assuming you wear a vest or jacket it is fine.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    Now that was valuable input, I would like to see a 9900 with Android OS. I think I would jump on it. It fit nicely in any pocket and felt good operating with one hand...
    01-18-16 01:55 PM
    I would jump on a Priv mini...
    01-18-16 02:03 PM
    Althought: the smaller size would mean a slightly smaller battery but lots less power consumption the net likely being positive...

The Priv mini... could be called the "Privy"... I would pee my knickers to get that...
    Last edited by patapoof; 01-18-16 at 04:05 PM.
    01-18-16 02:06 PM
    When Passport came out, all the rage was conversations about the size & pocket issues with attenuate screen lift etc. I would like to know how the Priv handles. Is it pocket friendly? What about the tip over tendency when KB is open & in use? Real observations honestly. I don't care about a lovefest...just the facts...

Posted via CB10
    The phone with the keyboard open is very well balanced and very comfortable to use. Also even the weight is similar to the passport it feels much lighter on hand. It fits also better in the pockets than passport.
    01-18-16 02:08 PM
    I have previously used a HP Pre 3 finding the KB to be very good. The overall width of it is 2.52in while the Priv is 3.04in, I would' be very interested to hear of anyone who ha actually used bot devices to see what the comparative experience is...

The overall dimension alone does not allow good comparison inasmuch as the bezel consumes some real estate & the pre layout is curved while the priv is straight... also, th keys are differently shaped & the travel & feel are surely quite different...
    Attachment 388174
    Attachment 388176
    Last edited by patapoof; 01-18-16 at 04:55 PM.
    01-18-16 02:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Priv feel fragile as compare to passport

Posted via Priv...
    01-18-16 04:02 PM
    That's a shame because my OG passport feels solid as a rock...

Priv feel fragile as compare to passport

Posted via Priv...
    01-18-16 04:03 PM
    In my experience, any of the 5"+ phones aren't too big for pockets. But then too, I'm the type that refuses to put a phone in pants pockets unless the pockets are loose. And never ever in the back pockets. IMHO, that's just inviting trouble when you sit on them.

That being said... size of the devices has never been an issue. However sharp corners on a device does become an issue. Rounded corners are ideal for pockets.
    01-18-16 04:18 PM
    The pre3 was extremely pocket friendly... my OG passport goes in real easy wearing the stilgut... corners catch on the way out... pre3 was a bit small screened as much needed pinch/zoom &. Most did NOT auto scale & wrap text... prior phone Motorola a3100 d the scale with aplomb & w a fantastic device with the exception of being poor at making calls...

In my experience, any of the 5"+ phones aren't too big for pockets. But then too, I'm the type that refuses to put a phone in pants pockets unless the pockets are loose. And never ever in the back pockets. IMHO, that's just inviting trouble when you sit on them.

That being said... size of the devices has never been an issue. However sharp corners on a device does become an issue. Rounded corners are ideal for pockets.
    01-18-16 04:24 PM
    It is a fairly large phone if you are coming from Q10 as i did. But it seems to be a fairly standard size these days.

Easily pocket able and will not open in your pocket. No weight issues when it is open at all, even if trying to type one handed, as long as your pinky is used to support the bottom.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-18-16 04:50 PM
    Not a problem for me because I never put any device in a pants pocket of any kind. My device is carried in my solar backpack, so size is no issue for myself.

01-18-16 05:03 PM
    Oh, and it is designed not to tip when open. It actually doesn't tip. Doesn't even feel awkward to me at all when opened.

I honestly don't have a problem with my PRIV at all. I found it easy to get used to and I really love the device. I read you didn't want a 'lovefest', but I can't help it, I love the PRIV.

Threads can't always be negative man.

01-18-16 05:08 PM
    A Priv Compact would definitely be welcomed! :-)

01-18-16 09:51 PM
    The size of the Priv is very good. It's not small like a Pre but it is very nice to hold and I find it easy pocketable.
    01-18-16 10:10 PM
    I find my PlayBook pocketable... so.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-18-16 10:45 PM
    I find my PlayBook pocketable... so.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Dang, you must need a wide load sign if you can fit a playbook in your pockets ROFL...
    01-18-16 11:42 PM
    Hey Patapoof as webOS colleague i have to say it's a bit too big for my liking. http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=12204289

I have it now for a week as secondary device beside Pre2 and have some trouble to adopt the size:
    no more one-handed pbk input and screenusage with my hands

gesture area on keyboard is a nice idea, but can interfere with typing

I still don't know how to "transport" that baby in the summer without jackets, perhaps i need a purse

But well on waiting for PRIV mini i'm swallowing the pill.
    01-19-16 02:02 AM