I own priv for about six months now. I always had faith in blackberry that the company would follow through and make this phone better. As expected BlackBerry has improved software by a great deal. Blackberry hub is much better, battery life is much better, camera software is much better, even virtual keyboard is much better. overall the phone runs much better than six months ago. Sure there are still some issues but phone is night and day to what I got six months ago. I still love freedom of switching between virtual and physical keyboard. I do not miss blackberry 10 at all. Having access to google play and all its content is priceless. There are really good business apps available for a android which make my priv true powerhouse. Freedom of customization is awesome. You can stick to blackberry launcher or switch to Nova or some more unique launchers like Microsoft arrow. If you are still on the line with priv than I would suggest to take a leap of faith and go for this phone. To me priv is the best blackberry phone ever.
    06-08-16 03:12 AM
    I wont be buying one at $900 cdn. If BlackBerry wants me to try android, then cut the price in half and give me a keyboard on a phone that doesnt slide

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    06-08-16 03:24 AM
    Got the Priv about a month ago. It's good, fast, responsive , apps work perfectly well as expected on any android phone. A little awkward to get to certain settings, but this is because I have been a BlackBerry user since 2007. It's interface is quite basic and nothing flamboyant or sexy about it, both software and built. No comparison with the Samsung edge for example. I am getting used to it though.
    However I moved my Z30 to use for my work. It is absolutely perfect. integrated, multitasking, interface, just perfect....
    This might be the future for BB; android for general use, provided they manage to glamorise it to sell, but BB10 will always be the phone for enterprise, businesses, departments and institutions.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 03:49 AM
    I too think it isn't worth 900 cdn, I bought mine for around 7000 rand south Africa currency which is around 470 usd. And this is when it just launched in south Africa. I was a lucky one.

All I can say is I love my device and I won't be upgrading for another 2 years .
    Macjr68 and Lotster like this.
    06-08-16 05:09 AM
    I got mine open box for $650CAN which was and still is good deal. The point is phone has matured overall last few months. Just like BB10 did over time. I would not be able to go back to BB10 with all App missing at this point.
    Last edited by bitek; 06-08-16 at 08:47 AM.
    Macjr68 likes this.
    06-08-16 08:33 AM
    I wont be buying one at $900 cdn. If BlackBerry wants me to try android, then cut the price in half and give me a keyboard on a phone that doesnt slide

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    They are supposed to be coming out with just that later this year.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    06-08-16 10:26 AM
    They are supposed to be coming out with just that later this year.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    Thats why I put it in my post
    06-08-16 10:39 AM
    I agree I love this device. Extremely satisfied with this phone besides a few minor things.

It really is a night and day difference since 6 months ago.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    bitek, xKingHopy and Sigewif like this.
    06-08-16 12:48 PM
    I love it too, I just can't stand the slight creaking on the side.

06-08-16 05:09 PM
    I love it. I still use my z30 on my second line but the Priv brings lots of BlackBerry to Android. Expensive and I don't even use the hidden keyboard. I can't it's tough to learn when I started with a Storm.

Posted via CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    06-08-16 05:58 PM
    I've had the Priv about a month now. All in all its a great device...regular updates alone make it worth the extra money. Two things that could use improvement: better transition from BB10, and a higher level of Android customization to integrate more BB10 features, settings, native apps, etc.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv
    06-08-16 06:32 PM
    Pretty safe to say that people are split into 2 groups: first being happy with the Priv and the second group are AT&T customers that bought the Priv on contract lol.

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    Carmels, FF22 and Lotster like this.
    06-08-16 07:16 PM
    I've had the Priv about a month now. All in all its a great device...regular updates alone make it worth the extra money. Two things that could use improvement: better transition from BB10, and a higher level of Android customization to integrate more BB10 features, settings, native apps, etc.

Get Nova launcher.
    06-08-16 09:22 PM
    Pretty safe to say that people are split into 2 groups: first being happy with the Priv and the second group are AT&T customers that bought the Priv on contract lol.

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    Hahahah hilarious

06-08-16 09:33 PM
    There is an easy fix for that you know?
    06-09-16 01:46 AM
    There is an easy fix for that you know?
    What is it?
    06-09-16 06:55 AM
    I too think it isn't worth 900 cdn, I bought mine for around 7000 rand south Africa currency which is around 470 usd. And this is when it just launched in south Africa. I was a lucky one.

All I can say is I love my device and I won't be upgrading for another 2 years .
    I got mine on a very decent contract with MTN, cheaper than what I was paying for my Passport with Vodacom.
    Lotster likes this.
    06-09-16 08:22 AM
    Agreed.
    Very happy with the Priv (factory unlocked) especially since Marshmallow.
    06-09-16 10:05 AM
    Thats why I put it in my post
    And I'm sure Chen & Co. are hoping there are many others like you out there if/when they release the Rome.
    06-09-16 10:36 AM
    I used a Passport for about a year and a half. I've had an STV100-1 Priv on AT&T for about a month or so. Works just fine and love having access to all my Android apps. Just received some kind of maintenance upgrade today. Now the phone's Bluetooth works better in my Prius. Haven't discovered any other improvements yet. I prefer BB10 but I'm happy with the Priv.

06-09-16 12:05 PM
    Get Nova launcher.
    Thanks I'll have to look into that.

I guess what I was getting is that I wish more BB10 features were baked into Blackberry Android rather then left to the user to customize. Honestly, many people coming from BB10 probably don't even know what 'Android' is...they just pick up a Priv and find out it doesn't work the same way the BlackBerry they are used to. That is a bit of a problem when you are trying to migrate your base over to a new OS.

06-09-16 12:44 PM
    I own priv for about six months now. I always had faith in blackberry that the company would follow through and make this phone better. As expected BlackBerry has improved software by a great deal. Blackberry hub is much better, battery life is much better, camera software is much better, even virtual keyboard is much better. overall the phone runs much better than six months ago. Sure there are still some issues but phone is night and day to what I got six months ago. I still love freedom of switching between virtual and physical keyboard. I do not miss blackberry 10 at all. Having access to google play and all its content is priceless. There are really good business apps available for a android which make my priv true powerhouse. Freedom of customization is awesome. You can stick to blackberry launcher or switch to Nova or some more unique launchers like Microsoft arrow. If you are still on the line with priv than I would suggest to take a leap of faith and go for this phone. To me priv is the best blackberry phone ever.
    j

I think this is a great thread, first you like your phone and do not have the need to trash those who don't. I had a Priv and it was not my cup or tea, but I am glad to see it might be maturing into a nice phone.

Enjoy!

Woof!
    FF22 likes this.
    06-09-16 08:02 PM

I guess what I was getting is that I wish more BB10 features were baked into Blackberry Android rather then left to the user to customize. Honestly, many people coming from BB10 probably don't even know what 'Android' is...they just pick up a Priv and find out it doesn't work the same way the BlackBerry they are used to. That is a bit of a problem when you are trying to migrate your base over to a new OS.

Believe me, it's still difficult even when you know what you're getting yourself into. I bought a Samsung Galaxy tab s a few months before buying my Priv and I thought I would be ok with the switch from my Z30 to the Priv. But I was a few days into using the Priv as a daily driver and I was struggling.

It's coming on 2 weeks now and I finally have things setup the way I would like with the exception of the bedside Mode work around. For some reason I can't get the Priv to recognize when it's plugged in.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    Last edited by Carmels; 06-09-16 at 08:59 PM.
    06-09-16 08:14 PM
    I prefer BB10 but I'm happy with the Priv.

Sums it up nicely for me.

06-09-16 08:41 PM

Yes I was wondering the same thing actually why blackberry keeps hub as a separate App. It would make more sense for the hub , swipes etc to be all "baked" into the launcher. However I like it separate because then I can use hub with any launcher. Blackberry launcher is OK but nova is much better imo. Also my phone still gets hot when blackberry laugher is running. But with nova my phone is extra cool most of the times (except for when google maps or waze are running)
    06-12-16 07:43 AM
33 12