Battery drain: it's normal. Galaxy S6/S6 Edge had horrible battery drain right after release, they eventually fixed it with the OTA update.

Heating: doesn't seem to be the software issue as the passport and classic had the same heating problem. Tolerable, as long as the phone holds together. Remember Passport screen lift?

Back cover creacks: occasional creacks of the back cover are not deadly, but VERY ANNOYING. Won't be acknowledged or fixed by BlackBerry.

Wobbly upper part: I guess that was inevitable with the slider, but still annoying.

Want smooth experience? Bypass or disable BlackBerry apps as much as you can. The clumsy Hub and other stuff are unnecessary on android. The phone will run faster, heat much less and will get decent battery performance.
    Overall, blackberry made a decent android phone but with some unfortunate signs of a C-brand. Poor R&D, cheap components, overall half-baked.
    11-08-15 01:46 AM
    Battery drain: it's normal. Galaxy S6/S6 Edge had horrible battery drain right after release, they eventually fixed it with the OTA update.

Heating: doesn't seem to be the software issue as the passport and classic had the same heating problem. Tolerable, as long as the phone holds together. Remember Passport screen lift?

Back cover creacks: occasional creacks of the back cover are not deadly, but VERY ANNOYING. Won't be acknowledged or fixed by BlackBerry.

Wobbly upper part: I guess that was inevitable with the slider, but still annoying.

Want smooth experience? Bypass or disable BlackBerry apps as much as you can. The clumsy Hub and other stuff are unnecessary on android. The phone will run faster, heat much less and will get decent battery performance.
    Overall, blackberry made a decent android phone but with some unfortunate signs of a C-brand. Poor R&D, cheap components, overall half-baked.
    Nah you're wrong on many levels.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    11-08-15 02:38 AM
    And another Troll. Is there no Apple or Samsung Forum you can post? On a fan site like CB I would expect that people are sharing their experience with Blackberry products and trying to reach out to Blackberry to get things fixed, but not this C-Brand BS

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 03:05 AM
    Can we stick to the topic at hand. The op has different set of standards... Let op have his/ her own opinion without calling out names.

I personally have had screen lifts and light bleeding on my OG passport. So I know where he's coming from.
    draculito likes this.
    11-08-15 03:24 AM
    LOL, "trying to reach out to BlackBerry to get things fixed." Good luck with that.
    I have spent 24 hours of heavy usage with the Priv and I stand by my opinion: it feels like a C-brand. Have BB testers not experienced heating or back cover clicks? Lackluster camera (in fact, both of them)? Of course, they did. BlackBerry just chose to ignore these things because fixing was too expensive.
    11-08-15 03:42 AM
    We won't know the reasons why they are not fixed. We can speculate, but let's not
    11-08-15 03:50 AM
    If you are penny-pinching $1 on R&D, you'll loose $100 on replacements in the future.
    11-08-15 03:55 AM