The Torch2 was the last BB phone I had, and I miss it. The slider keyboard was phenomenal.

Since then, I've had a Note 2 and Note 4.

I have considered jumping back to the Priv, since in many ways it was the spiritual successor to the Torch 2.

I'm due for an upgrade sometime this winter, and was considering if I should go back to the Priv, or wait to see if there's a Priv2 coming out.

Also, since it will have been almost a year since release, wondering if the phone will be somewhat outdated hardware and software wise. I got the Note 2 and 4 once their successors came out, for the price drop.

Also, I have a Moto360 watch, so hopefully Android Wear and Android Wear 2 are compatible with PRIV since it is Android.
    08-07-16 12:59 AM
    IMHO Priv 2 will not come . Priv is superior than the legendary Torch in terms of PKB and VKB , screen size , Camera etc . The Marshmallow update on the device has enhanced the performance and improved the battery life significantly. The Priv is now a matured device and this is the right time to go for it as it has flawless performance .
    08-07-16 01:17 AM
    Really think the marketing team at BB dropped the ball big time with Priv.

Could have had a better name for sure.
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    08-07-16 03:52 AM
    Just go for it you will have experience of your life as the prices have also slashed to the right price point

Red passport
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    08-07-16 03:59 AM
    i'd wait for a price drop. 400 USD unlocked from the factory and I'm all over it. Was tempted by the 299 ATT ones but too much of a hassle with updates. Almost bought one in India (I'm here on business) last week. It's frigging USD 820 from BB. The Note 7 is expected to be USD 938 and as much as I want the PRIV I can't justify paying that price. I preordered the Note, will play with it for 3 months, sell it off at a small loss when the PRIV adjusts it's price and still have money left over.
    08-07-16 04:00 AM
    Priv 2 existance would depend on the sales of DTEK50 and the next keyboard phone
    08-07-16 04:19 AM
    Just go for it you will have experience of your life as the prices have also slashed to the right price point

Red passport
    Yes true , the price has dropped significantly and makes the device more affordable . This is just the right time to buy .
    08-07-16 05:27 AM
    Keep in mind the AT&T versions do run Marshmallow now. Using one right now. I travel a ton and work in sales, constantly keeping up with notifications. the form factor of the PRIV is appreciated. Keyboard when I need it and screen only when I don't!
    08-07-16 06:24 AM
    Don't you need an ATT SIM to get Marshmallow?
    08-07-16 09:34 AM
    I believe folks have used it with that Moto watch.

What carrier?
    08-07-16 09:36 AM
    Don't you need an ATT SIM to get Marshmallow?
    No. You can wait till an Autoloader is issued. But using it wipes the phone meaning a full backup and restore will be necessary for the upgrade. Also, this is for both simple Security Updates as well as the MM upgrade.

Autoloaders are discussed in a Sticky thread at the top of the Priv page.
    08-07-16 09:38 AM
    I believe folks have used it with that Moto watch.

What carrier?
    AT&T US.
    08-07-16 10:40 AM
    Keep in mind the AT&T versions do run Marshmallow now. Using one right now. I travel a ton and work in sales, constantly keeping up with notifications. the form factor of the PRIV is appreciated. Keyboard when I need it and screen only when I don't!
    One thing I love though is Samsung's Swype Keyboard.

Generally touchscreen phones can't keep up with my fingers, as my physical keyboard days just trained my fingers to go too fast.

I do appreciate that Samsung's Swype option has alllowed me to be a bit more efficient.

Two questions,
    Does Blackberry also have learned vocabulary? It's a useful thing for my Note 4, with it having learned what phrases and words I use.

What is the charge time? I do love Samsung's Fast Charging. Not sure how the Priv compares.
    08-07-16 10:43 AM

Generally touchscreen phones can't keep up with my fingers, as my physical keyboard days just trained my fingers to go too fast.

I do appreciate that Samsung's Swype option has alllowed me to be a bit more efficient.

Two questions,
    Does Blackberry also have learned vocabulary? It's a useful thing for my Note 4, with it having learned what phrases and words I use.

What is the charge time? I do love Samsung's Fast Charging. Not sure how the Priv compares.
    Ummmm...as far as learning vocabulary.. .yes...if my memory is right it may have been one of the things Samsung stole from BlackBerry, although they all steal from each other

957, 5810, 6710, 7100, 8700, 8100, 8310, 8700, 8800, 9000, 9700, 9800, 9900, Z10, Z30, Passport, P9982, Priv
    08-07-16 10:46 AM

Two questions,

There's a swipe feature that you can enable/disable in the keyboard settings. I'm not proficient so only tried it once. Yes, it learns vocabulary and they just allowed you to remove "mis-remembered" words (typos).

The Priv supports Quick Charge. Some models (US) support Wireless charging (qi and powermat)
    08-07-16 11:41 AM
    The BlackBerry Torch was (still is) my favorite phone I have owned.

I only gave it up because I couldn't access too many apps that I needed / wanted. I went to iPhone but hated the virtual keyboard, missed the track pad, and the notifications.

I bought the typo keyboard for it and that solved one thing, but I knew that typo had lost the lawsuit and couldn't sell them anymore so when the keyboard started having issues I was looking for options.

When I saw the Priv I was positively giddy.

I like the phone and am glad I got it, but as a Torch enthusiast, I would LOVE to see an updated version of the Torch running Android.

I prefer sliders so that's a bonus for the Priv, but for me, it's top heavy when using the keyboard and it can be difficult for me to balance.

The sensitive keyboard is awesome, however I find while typing at times my fingers slide across the keyboard which can cause unwanted results, I think the track pad was better - for me.

The Priv is a bit large for my tastes, and for a woman, I have large hands, but I admit the big screen is sweet.

One other comparison is the thickness, it just feels "delicate". The Torch seemed more sturdy.

And one cosmetic "peeve" is when the phone is slid open the back side of the screen looks ... uncovered? The back on the Torch has a more finished appearance, imo. Perhaps if they had used a material that was black to blend in.

All in all I am happy with it, especially since I am getting more familiar with it and Android.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 likes this.
    08-07-16 12:24 PM
    I'll sell you mint factory unlocked if u live in the USA.
    08-07-16 12:35 PM
    Honestly, with most of the BB experience now available to all Android phones, I'd go for a cheaper, faster phone from Samsung.
    08-07-16 12:49 PM
    I'm due for an upgrade sometime this winter, and was considering if I should go back to the Priv, or wait to see if there's a Priv2 coming out.

Also, since it will have been almost a year since release, wondering if the phone will be somewhat outdated hardware and software wise. I got the Note 2 and 4 once their successors came out, for the price drop.
    If you are looking to upgrade in the winter and plan to keep the phone for 2 years, I'm not sure if the Priv will age well into the third year. I would probably skip the Priv and look at something else (Argon or Mercury?). I think you may have some better options from BB in that time frame, unless you are only interested in a slider form factor device.
    08-07-16 01:53 PM

Two questions,

The keyboard does learn your vocabulary. BlackBerry does very well here.

The fast charging is weird to me. I don't trust the charging because my Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. Big battery and charged very quickly but then the battery drained quickly.
    08-07-16 04:15 PM
    My experience with fast charging is it takes a bit over minute per percentage left to charge.

So for example, if it's at 75% it will be something like 30 minutes to full.

Regular seems to be somewhere between 2-3 times that, iirc.

I like the wireless, but wish the sweet spot on the Priv was closer to the middle than at the end.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-07-16 04:22 PM
    Have Note 4 here. The battery has aged well. Had it since 2014 March.
    08-07-16 05:43 PM
    I'd get the priv. BlackBerry keyboard is the best as far as vkb go in my opinion and I'm liking the pkb. I find myself using it more all the time. I pretty much flicked 90% of the last two sentences while using the pkb. I'm making payments to Verizon that translate to 5$ a month after discounts and such. Best android experience I've had. I hated to give up my z30 but the lack of updates was really messing with me. I was happy to be able to get my vkb and hub when I went back to android. My mother has one due to arrive tomorrow. She's been using a z30 as well and I wanted to get her something she could find stuff she was used to using. 70 y\o tech challenged ladies don't need a bunch of new stuff thrown at them. It drives their kids crazy lol

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    FF22 likes this.
    08-07-16 08:38 PM
    I'd get the priv. BlackBerry keyboard is the best as far as vkb go in my opinion and I'm liking the pkb. I find myself using it more all the time. I pretty much flicked 90% of the last two sentences while using the pkb. I'm making payments to Verizon that translate to 5$ a month after discounts and such. Best android experience I've had. I hated to give up my z30 but the lack of updates was really messing with me. I was happy to be able to get my vkb and hub when I went back to android. My mother has one due to arrive tomorrow. She's been using a z30 as well and I wanted to get her something she could find stuff she was used to using. 70 y\o tech challenged ladies don't need a bunch of new stuff thrown at them. It drives their kids crazy lol

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    Do NOT pick on 70 year olds!!!!!!!!!
    08-07-16 10:36 PM
    Interestingly this appeared on the BBC news website this morning. Still looking for a Priv or DTEk?

Android bug fear in 900 million phones - BBC News
    08-08-16 03:29 AM
56 123