I was planning to get a Keyone in a few months, then I cracked my phone's screen 2 days ago. Instead of getting it fix, I am thinking about buying another phone. Although I want a Keyone, but my wallet advice me that I should look for something cheaper. Priv is a phone that I wanted since it came out a few years ago. It came down in price in the used market and I am thinking about it may be a good alternative.

I may use a smart phone, but I don't use lots of apps. In addition to the apps that came with the phone, I only added Tunein Radio, Garmin, Gopro and Strava App. I don't play games and I mainly use the phone to browse the web, tweet, txt, email and talk. I use the camera all the time and I post on Instagram.

Now the price different. I can get an unlocked priv for under 200 and KeyOne will easily cost at least 2x of that.

would an outdated phone like this bring me happiness?
    07-09-18 11:25 AM
    iv had the priv now for two years, the keyboard is squishy and hard to use especially if you have chunky fingers. the screen is good for watching movies and same with the speakers are good as front facing. The camera isn't the best, but still good for a blackberry. os is typical android, nothing to shout about. But the biggest issue is the battery life, I only manage about 6 hours out of a battery on a hard use day and 10 on a low usage, and then comes the ridiculous over heating of the phone. If I had my chance I wouldn't touch a priv.
    07-09-18 12:58 PM
    Yes, No, Maybe.....

I'd say give it a try... you don't like it you should be able to resell it for what you put into it.
    neoberry99 likes this.
    07-09-18 01:01 PM
    KEYones are coming down in price. Get an open box on Amazon for around $300-350. No tax from some vendors too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...UvbUpU13230100

I have both and the Priv is a bit slower and battery drain is insane. I only keep my Priv around cuz it looks cool. LOL.
    07-09-18 01:14 PM
    Thank you guy!! I will probably stick my plan to get a Keyone. A good battery life is what I am going after!
    07-09-18 01:35 PM
    Thank you guy!! I will probably stick my plan to get a Keyone. A good battery life is what I am going after!
    If good battery life is what you are after... KEYone is way ahead of the PRIV.

With the KEYtwo dropping right now, might find some used KEYone cheaper....
    kvndoom likes this.
    07-09-18 02:20 PM
    agreed on the above about battery life. My wife is on her Keyone more than I'm on my Priv and her battery lasts a lot longer. Plus her Keyone blows my Priv out of the water when it comes to speed. The only thing going for my Priv is the beautiful screen.
    07-09-18 06:14 PM
    If you want great battery life, stay far.. far away from the Priv lol

Posted via CB10
    07-10-18 02:01 AM
    Don't buy this crap. The money you'd save are not worth it. I have owned that terrible thing for a few weeks and was happy to sell it for the same price I bought it.
    07-10-18 03:47 AM
    perhaps a Motion as well? it will suits most needs unless you require a NFC
    07-10-18 04:56 AM
    nope.

Happiness comes from within, not without.
    07-11-18 10:39 AM
    I’ll have a new one up for sale soon if interested!!
    07-16-18 10:28 AM
    Don't buy this crap. The money you'd save are not worth it. I have owned that terrible thing for a few weeks and was happy to sell it for the same price I bought it.
    Depends on the model you get..i bought one today for 140 bux Canadian and it has no issues. It has a better design than either keyones. Yes it's a EOS device but if you are a moderate user not glued to their cell phone 24/7 it's a perfect beautiful phone
    07-17-18 10:48 AM
    Depends on the model you get..i bought one today for 140 bux Canadian and it has no issues. It has a better design than either keyones. Yes it's a EOS device but if you are a moderate user not glued to their cell phone 24/7 it's a perfect beautiful phone
    Yep. If you touch your phone twice a day, then you have to charge it only once a day... 🤞
    07-17-18 12:35 PM
    I was planning to get a Keyone in a few months, then I cracked my phone's screen 2 days ago. Instead of getting it fix, I am thinking about buying another phone. Although I want a Keyone, but my wallet advice me that I should look for something cheaper. Priv is a phone that I wanted since it came out a few years ago. It came down in price in the used market and I am thinking about it may be a good alternative.

I may use a smart phone, but I don't use lots of apps. In addition to the apps that came with the phone, I only added Tunein Radio, Garmin, Gopro and Strava App. I don't play games and I mainly use the phone to browse the web, tweet, txt, email and talk. I use the camera all the time and I post on Instagram.

Now the price different. I can get an unlocked priv for under 200 and KeyOne will easily cost at least 2x of that.

would an outdated phone like this bring me happiness?
    It would..define outdated..honestly so what it runs a older version of Android. It's such a beautiful looking device I'm typing on it right now. If you can get a good price like I did then I would say go for it. But people are still selling this phone for stupid prices
    07-17-18 01:56 PM
    Thank you for the comments. Just picked up a Keyone today
    07-17-18 04:43 PM
    Thank you for the comments. Just picked up a Keyone today
    Very smart choice..especially over the key2..
    07-17-18 05:23 PM
    You just got a bad model. I bought a priv yesterday and I have 0 issues with it
    07-18-18 10:40 AM
    It would..define outdated..honestly so what it runs a older version of Android. It's such a beautiful looking device I'm typing on it right now. If you can get a good price like I did then I would say go for it. But people are still selling this phone for stupid prices
    Someone in Vancouver is trying to sell a like new condition for $300.
    07-18-18 11:09 AM
    You just got a bad model. I bought a priv yesterday and I have 0 issues with it
    We'll talk about this once again in a month or two - unless you just check the phone twice a day if it still works and maybe send a two texts.

Priv is awesome but terribly bad in everything which is "under the hood".
    07-18-18 12:29 PM
    Someone in Vancouver is trying to sell a like new condition for $300.
    K that's ridiculous lol..no one should pay 300 Canadian for a priv ..I was happy paying 180
    07-18-18 02:16 PM
    If you want great battery life, stay far.. far away from the Priv lol

Posted via CB10
    Again depends on the model ..but yeah regardless it can't match the keyone battery..i have 3 phones right now..keyone..motion priv..i will probably sell the motion and keep the keyone and priv I just love both these phones and was throughly unimpressed with the key2..i wouldn't take one for free lol
    07-18-18 02:18 PM
    We'll talk about this once again in a month or two - unless you just check the phone twice a day if it still works and maybe send a two texts.

Been using it as my daily driver and it's fine and I got quick charge so honestly it's no biggy ..and I got a keyone regardless..for me the priv was a nostalgia buy in addition to it just being a beautiful looking device..its the last blackberry actually made by RIM
    07-18-18 02:19 PM

Priv has a such a bad rep in terms of power efficiency.

Again, like Mr Mobile said in his Priv review re-do

"If you're the type that doesn't mind tweaking and optimizing Android, the Priv would make a great project"

I totally agree with that, as I am that guy. I can make a Priv achieve 5hrs SOT consistently with my tweaks and non-intensive usage. And by non-intensive, I don't mean "touch it twice a day"
    07-19-18 04:16 AM
    Priv has a such a bad rep in terms of power efficiency.

Again, like Mr Mobile said in his Priv review re-do

"If you're the type that doesn't mind tweaking and optimizing Android, the Priv would make a great project"

I totally agree with that, as I am that guy. I can make a Priv achieve 5hrs SOT consistently with my tweaks and non-intensive usage. And by non-intensive, I don't mean "touch it twice a day"
    That's really interesting. Would you mind being more concrete on which tweaks have you applied? I spent really many hours searching through the internet trying to find some "miracle". I was able to lenghten the SOT from 4 to 4,5 hours, which is a disasterous result IMHO (comparable maybe to Q10). 4,5 hours SOT would be great at time when the first dual core SoC were released, not for a 'modern' smartphone with 3500 mAh battery pack. Too bad it's all about the poor SoC - Snap 801 would have fitted much better. 808/810-line was a total failure.
    07-26-18 01:23 AM
46 12