Yesterday I rebooted into Safe Mode and when I finished checking things out (BB Virtual Expert does not detect my pkb being opened), rebooted normally. When it started back up, all my widgets were gone and probably twenty to thirty icons were also gone from my various home screens.

I did not expect Safe Mode to disturb my home screen arrangements including icons and widgets. Is this normal?
    08-04-16 04:27 PM
    It's not normal.... but it does happen.

That's why some Launchers have features to lock or backup your home screen. The BlackBerry launcher is pretty basic at this point.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-04-16 04:40 PM
    It's not normal.... but it does happen.

That's why some Launchers have features to lock or backup your home screen. The BlackBerry launcher is pretty basic at this point.
    OKAY, Cody, if you happen upon this thread - the BB Launcher needs a backup/restore provision.

In some cases, I've captured screenshots just to have my "wonderful" arrangement captured for just such occurrences but did not anticipate it this time. Prejean mentioned using a video app to capture such stuff. I hope he/she posts a reply to what they were using.
    08-04-16 04:59 PM
    This is why I use Nova Launcher, the paid version is so worth it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-04-16 05:27 PM
    Does the DPI change when booting into safe mode? This will make icons and widgets go bye bye
    08-04-16 06:50 PM
    Does the DPI change when booting into safe mode? This will make icons and widgets go bye bye
    I did not notice any change but was not looking for that. And I will NOT do it again!!!
    08-04-16 11:06 PM