With T-Mobile's poor record for software updates for devices should Blackberry require T-Mobile to delegate all software updates for old and new devices to them? Presumably these updates would include all T-Mobile carrier specific features. Blackberry could sell this policy to T-Mobile as complete fulfillment of T-Mobile's un-carrier claims. Or, given T-Mobile's history with updates, would you just prefer to buy all your devices direct from Blackberry? Should Blackberry require T-Mobile to issue the BB10.3.3 update as good faith gesture before allowing them to sell the Priv or will this backfire on BBRY?

With the importance of security updates on Android shouldn't Blackberry and their customers be concerned?
    12-23-15 01:32 PM
    Wait. Why are you just limiting this to T-Mobil? Verizon is just as worse if not more so.

BB10 has released 2 updates to 10.3.2.XXX since the July 5th 10.3.2.556 forced update. Has my VRZN Z30 gotten those update? Will RGIII lead the Redskins to the Superbowl this year? Come on!

This is why I moved on to the Nexus 6P. Since buying it just before Thanksgiving, I have already received 2 Security updates + the 6.0.1 update.
    12-23-15 02:03 PM
    Also, at issue is support of older devices.

Verizon has 10.3.2.x available for Z10 and Q10.

T-Mobile is still on 10.2.1.x for those devices.

Blackberry should target whichever carrier will be THE catalyst for the rest (or the easiest).
    Last edited by DonHB; 12-23-15 at 02:42 PM.
    12-23-15 02:16 PM
    This is a joke, right? First of all, on the "autoloader" market, there have been more updates to the series 10 than I ever got on my last Android device. Yeah, you have to diy, but it's so damned simple. Recently almost anything coming down the pike now allows t-mo WFC to work (a must-have for me). However the latest seems to break it again. Why would I want someone crapping up my phone from on high? The answer is NO. Besides, if being able to pump in a bit of their own bloatware encourages them to carry a phone, I say go for it.
    12-23-15 02:30 PM
    So, you are forced to go to an earlier release? So, why are you against having Blackberry provide software releases OTA to carrier branded devices (Android and BB10)?
    12-23-15 02:46 PM
    Legere would hang up the phone on Chen if he demanded OS update control.

Timely security updates is the only reasonable area that will be ceded to BB.
    12-23-15 02:50 PM
    Very carrier of him.
    12-23-15 02:53 PM