Priced higher than an iPhone 6S... I kinda doubt there will be a second device, unless it's an already in production device, like say the Passport that all they do is change the OS.

I'm thinking it won't take Chen nine months to figure out the PRIV was a mistake. Wouldn't be surprised if within a few months the guys working on Android 6.0 upgrades for the PRIV are laid off. Cause if this Carphone price is real, this isn't going to be a big seller....
    I thought the price put it right at or a few dollars under the Galaxy S6 Edge+ and iPhone 6S Plus? That's what I read in several places. I hope it isn't significantly higher.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 11:31 AM
    I thought the price put it right at or a few dollars under the Galaxy S6 Edge+ and iPhone 6S Plus? That's what I read in several places. I hope it isn't significantly higher.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds as if you are OK with being priced with those Premium devices....

If BlackBerry just wants Enterprise business and is looking to compete with the BlackPhone and devices with KNOX on them... they are priced very competitively.

If BlackBerry want's to sell phones to consumers....
    10-16-15 11:48 AM
    Frankly speaking.. "No"! One should not buy priv if he is a real BlackBerry enthusiastic and concerns about pure privacy and security. BlackBerry priv is just an attempt to earn some share in android market nothing else. I'm very happy with my Z10. As i don't think any android device can be safer not even BlackBerry priv.

Posted via CB10
    Not according to Chen... if this Priv doesn't sell then we are likely to see the last phone by blackberry.... in which case EVERYONE should buy one....

http://www.theverge.com/2015/10/8/94...million-phones

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 04:45 PM
    This phone brings nothing new to the market accept keyboard and privacy warning app that's about it really.

''Splendiferousness'' is not even a word that I use to describe my passport
    Ummm, while regular Android uses Selinux for security, BlackBerry went with GRsecurity (think I got that right) . Chen also stated that they're embedded pins in the software and chips (not sure if that was exactly what he said) and that BlackBerry has done other 'tweaks' to Android for more security and privacy and said more will be revealed when it's officialy unveiled. So, a lot more than just a keyboard and a warning app.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    10-16-15 06:16 PM
54 123