Probably not close but at least merge them all.
    Maybe start a new "Incoherent Rambling" forum, since topics like this pop up 22 times a day.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2514
    10-15-15 05:33 AM
    I have been a loyal Blackberry user since the very early days and I am buying 2 Priv's the day it's released. That's how a true Blackberry fan does it, end of story.
    Good for you!! Very happy ending indeed that should saved them from total annihilation.

''Splendiferousness'' is not even a word that I use to describe my passport
    extisis likes this.
    10-15-15 06:19 AM
    In what precise way are you concerned about security and privacy with the Priv? What specific threat would you imagine being exposed to?

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    I would be interested in these answers as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 06:42 AM
    Maybe start a new "Incoherent Rambling" forum, since topics like this pop up 22 times a day.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2514
    Yeah I don't know why they don't do it here. Back on PreCentral threads like this were merged into an "official farewell" thread. So much clutter.
    10-15-15 06:44 AM
    I have been a loyal Blackberry user since the very early days and I am buying 2 Priv's the day it's released. That's how a true Blackberry fan does it, end of story.
    These could have been my exact words. I'll be buying two as soon as available also.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    bakron1 likes this.
    10-15-15 12:05 PM
    These could have been my exact words. I'll be buying two as soon as available also.

One for the both of us right?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 12:12 PM
    One for the both of us right?
    LoL
    I'll meet you there!

Wait for me at the spot. You know that place beside that other place, right? I'll meet you there, at that time.
    tp2386 likes this.
    10-15-15 05:08 PM
    I would like to see how The Hub is incorporated. The Hub is the best part of BB10. Also I would want to try out the keyboard on the Priv slider. Right now I have gotten used to the huge keys on the Passport and not sure I can go back to small keys. Wish would be to install a full Google play store onto my bb10 passport. But that will never happen.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 06:19 PM

Such pitiful attitude no wonder blackberry is on the road to no where it's dead road end if everything fanboy simply buys two priv that will carry illusion even further

extisis likes this.
    10-15-15 08:11 PM
    So, a "real BlackBerry enthusiast" should not support the company they are enthusiastic about by purchasing their new phone when it releases...?

Did you mean a "real BB10 enthusiast" ?
    Elite1 and DrBoomBotz like this.
    10-15-15 08:53 PM
    Such pitiful attitude no wonder blackberry is on the road to no where it's dead road end if everything fanboy simply buys two priv that will carry illusion even further

What is the illusion? Unfortunately, the other platforms have more to offer overall.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 10:45 PM
    Squibble Squabble

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 12:33 AM
    Why should I buy one, when they are making something I dont want to use?! Because they add two apps on a pure android?
    If somebody wants it? Cool. Have fun.
    After the PB and now maybe BB10 :
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me...
    There wont be a 3rd time!!!

Posted via PP
    10-16-15 01:43 AM
    Yes!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 02:02 AM
    Frankly speaking.. "No"! One should not buy priv if he is a real BlackBerry enthusiastic and concerns about pure privacy and security. BlackBerry priv is just an attempt to earn some share in android market nothing else. I'm very happy with my Z10. As i don't think any android device can be safer not even BlackBerry priv.

Posted via CB10
    Your idea to save your favourite OS is to try and bankrupt the company who makes it?

Good Job!
    10-16-15 04:23 AM
    Samsung is making headway in specific markets with it's own phone OS, "Tizen". These phones are inexpensive. And last year they sold a million "Z1" phones in India alone. Of course their main stay is Android. But perhaps there's room for a more subversive, less expensive BB 10 OS device, especially considering BBerry's basically strong reputation. But... BBerry has to survive.

Samsung Electronics plans more Tizen smartphones this year -source | Reuters

Samsung Electronics unveils second Tizen-powered smartphone | Reuters
    10-16-15 04:58 AM
    Yes.i am

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 05:24 AM

Your Passport isn't going to suddenly shut off and never turn on again after the Priv's launch. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 06:31 AM
    So, a "real BlackBerry enthusiast" should not support the company they are enthusiastic about by purchasing their new phone when it releases...?

Did you mean a "real BB10 enthusiast" ?
    If every BlackBerry enthusiast ends up buying three priv each this will leads to BlackBerry over taking Samsung what do you think? BlackBerry is five years late in the real android world full stop......

Last edited by Elite1; 10-22-15 at 03:03 PM.
    10-16-15 06:49 AM
    If every BlackBerry enthusiast ends up buying three priv each this will leads to BlackBerry over taking Samsung what do you think?

If every BlackBerry enthusiast bought 3 BB10 devices it wouldn't lead to that either. They're not aiming for that. They're goal as mentioned by Chen is to do at least 5 Million units annually.

Posted via CB10
    astrodan13 likes this.
    10-16-15 06:54 AM
    If every BlackBerry enthusiast bought 3 BB10 devices it wouldn't lead to that either. They're not aiming for that. They're goal as mentioned by Chen is to do at least 5 Million units annually.

Posted via CB10
    And might I quote Chen, BB10 devices needs 8-10M to be successful. Have fun buying 6 devices each. Oh wait, smaller user base, make that 10 devices each.

Seriously why the frack are we still bumping this garbage?
    tufcustomer likes this.
    10-16-15 07:34 AM
    And might I quote Chen, BB10 devices needs 8-10M to be successful. Have fun buying 6 devices each. Oh wait, smaller user base, make that 10 devices each.

Seriously why the frack are we still bumping this garbage?
    I have no idea. I get people like BlackBerry 10, I do too, but they can't seem to wrap their heads around the financial aspect of a business.

That's not saying android will give them success, but it's an opportunity to attempt to do so.

Posted via CB10
    astrodan13, MO3iusONE and Elite1 like this.
    10-16-15 07:51 AM
    So let me get this straight, you are a die hard kind of bb fan, but you don't want to support the company and you refuse to buy this product, because why exactly? Because it runs android? So, you basically want to hammer really hard the last nail in BB's future phone business right?
    You are aware that if this phone fails sell expectations, BB will most likely stop making phones, maybe you ask what this means for you, well this means that in a couple of years when your Z10 is all but done you will have to move to one of the secure platforms (wm, ios or android), as there will be no more BB phones.
    If all BB fans would think like you did in this post and actually do what you suggest, than BB would be out of business really quick and really hard.
    What you are really saying in this post is, "Hey dude, please buy a Priv to keep BlackBerry in the handset business so that I can continue to buy BlackBerry handsets myself."

To add; none of us know the future of BlackBerry handsets. Chen has alluded to many things: BB10 will live on at least for another year; BB10 is dead if Android BlackBerry takes off; Android is dead if the Priv does not sell well; both are dead if the Priv does not sell well; BlackBerry may run both OSs; and so on. The only things concrete that Chen has said are:

1. Wall Street wants him to take BlackBerry out of handsets.
    2. He does not want to leave handsets.
    3. If he does leave handsets he could still offer BlackBerry "solutions" to other OEMs/OSs.

He has also said that the market will dictate his next move in the handset business but has given zero indication of what that means. Most assume it to mean sales numbers for the Priv but I think it is more a combination of many things including how many Privs sell to the enterprise market/percentage of enterprise adopting BES12 and/or Priv solutions; Priv sales to the consumer market; Priv sales to new BlackBerry customers; Priv sales to previous/continued BlackBerry customers; Priv sales compared to ongoing BB10 sales, and so on. What I mean is that if the Priv becomes primarily a purchase from the consumer market and something is largely ignored by enterprise who would ultimately favor BB10 then Chen may decide to update BB10 with not only a new OS but also at least one new phone.

Now, as for being a loyal BlackBerry addict. Well, I am hardcore BlackBerry... ....but only for the phones/OS. If Apple made BB10 instead of iOS then that is where I would be. If the Priv was a Samsung product and they tossed BB10 onto it, then that is where I would go (maybe). BlackBerry managed to create a user experience beginning with BBOS 5 iirc that really suited my needs/usage style and then they managed to create a whole new experience with BB10 that not only once again met my needs/style but also felt like "BlackBerry". If they can pull off a hat trick with the same in the Priv, then I may be there. Otherwise I'll bide my time on a Passport SE until my "loyal" **** can find another mobile solution elsewhere.

The ultimate irony is that the direction Chen is taking BlackBerry is going to depend less and less on individual consumers and more on big business.
    10-16-15 10:38 AM
    I agree with the NO! But your reasoning is all wrong. The Priv is going to be Chen's 'Playbook' device. Support for the thing will fall off so fast you'll have 100x more threads complaining about it.....

Now if I am wrong, there will be a second device released, then I would almost call it 'all clear'. (good hedge)
    10-16-15 10:48 AM
    Priced higher than an iPhone 6S... I kinda doubt there will be a second device, unless it's an already in production device, like say the Passport that all they do is change the OS.

I'm thinking it won't take Chen nine months to figure out the PRIV was a mistake. Wouldn't be surprised if within a few months the guys working on Android 6.0 upgrades for the PRIV are laid off. Cause if this Carphone price is real, this isn't going to be a big seller....
    undone and AllanQuatermain like this.
    10-16-15 11:15 AM
54 123