Frankly speaking.. "No"! One should not buy priv if he is a real BlackBerry enthusiastic and concerns about pure privacy and security. BlackBerry priv is just an attempt to earn some share in android market nothing else. I'm very happy with my Z10. As i don't think any android device can be safer not even BlackBerry priv.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 02:19 PM
    10-14-15 02:29 PM
    Can we close topics like this?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 02:30 PM
    Oh lordy Lord..

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    tufcustomer likes this.
    Cool story, bro.
    BlackBerry Priv is a last attempt by BlackBerry to stay in the hardware business, something it wants to do in order to support its government and enterprise customers who are concerned about security and privacy. It wants to get the same security certifications for the Android Priv as it has for current BB10 devices.
    10-14-15 02:31 PM
    Can we close topics like this?

Posted via CB10
    Probably not close but at least merge them all.
    Last edited by Elite1; 10-14-15 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Removed rude or inappropriate language
    10-14-15 02:32 PM
    Frankly speaking.. "No"! One should not buy priv if he is a real BlackBerry enthusiastic and concerns about pure privacy and security... I'm very happy with my Z10. As i don't think any android device can be safer not even BlackBerry priv.
    What you really meant is:
    "I should not buy Priv because of...."

No idea why you're assuming everyone has the same priorities, concerns, and/or needs as you.
    Do I think Priv is safer or more secure than a BB10 device? No, I'd guess it isn't. But I think it will still be safe and secure enough for my usage, personally.

I would also guess that Priv will be safer and more secure than most, or maybe even all, other Android devices. Given the fact that there are millions upon millions of Android users over BB10 users, Priv will offer them a more safe & secure smartphone than their other options.
    Remember, it's not all about you.

... BlackBerry priv is just an attempt to earn some share in android market nothing else...
    Yep. And what's wrong with that?
    BlackBerry is a company in business to do business. Unfortunately it's not doing enough business selling BB10 devices. With Priv, they're trying a venture into producing a device that uses one of the world's two most popular mobile platforms & ecosystems. With the size of the market, can you blame them? (That's rhetorical. The answer is also "No.")
    Laura Knotek and astrodan13 like this.
    10-14-15 02:36 PM
    Frankly speaking.. "No"! One should not buy priv if he is a real BlackBerry enthusiastic and concerns about pure privacy and security. BlackBerry priv is just an attempt to earn some share in android market nothing else. I'm very happy with my Z10. As i don't think any android device can be safer not even BlackBerry priv.

Posted via CB10
    In what precise way are you concerned about security and privacy with the Priv? What specific threat would you imagine being exposed to?

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Elite1 likes this.
    10-14-15 02:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sweet Mary, mother of Jesus!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    10-14-15 02:44 PM
    Elite replied. Rofl.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    10-14-15 02:46 PM
    10-14-15 02:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Who cares? Smh. Laughable.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 02:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    So let me get this straight, you are a die hard kind of bb fan, but you don't want to support the company and you refuse to buy this product, because why exactly? Because it runs android? So, you basically want to hammer really hard the last nail in BB's future phone business right?
    You are aware that if this phone fails sell expectations, BB will most likely stop making phones, maybe you ask what this means for you, well this means that in a couple of years when your Z10 is all but done you will have to move to one of the secure platforms (wm, ios or android), as there will be no more BB phones.
    If all BB fans would think like you did in this post and actually do what you suggest, than BB would be out of business really quick and really hard.
    10-14-15 03:30 PM
    No. Not without the real deal. Thats BB10

Posted via PP
    10-14-15 03:34 PM
    Elite replied. Rofl.

I had a few minutes to waste. (Utterly, completely waste...)
    tufcustomer likes this.
    10-14-15 04:09 PM
    Should anyone buy Priv? [Opinion]-sk1ko.jpg

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    10-14-15 06:05 PM
    Honestly.. I've never been crazy about blackberry, even when I had my curve 8830, I went back to my treo 650 but, I'm a fan of physical keyboards and I would hate to see blackberry stop making phones.

So with that being said.. Blackberry take my money!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    10-14-15 08:27 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_m7bjr0xDHj1rbsctpo1_500.jpg 
Views:	1246 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	375824
    Exactly..
    10-14-15 08:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you're concerned about Google snooping, you might have a point. But that will need some evaluation after release.

If you're concerned about BlackBerry's survival as a company, that's rather counterproductive advice. If Android is the game of the future, they should be able to get us a working, trustworthy solution with app permissions and all that. Otherwise, we can still move on elsewhere... :-)

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    10-14-15 10:30 PM
    Prem WatsApp has spoken. This topic is adjourned.

Long live the king.
    astrodan13 likes this.
    10-14-15 11:12 PM
    You know, I think we should all wait until the bloody thing is out BEFORE anybody asks if we should buy it! I personally like both my BlackBerry phones, they do what I want they to do so will wait to see the reviews after it comes out. Even we know a lot we don't know all. That's why I signed up to be kept informed. I love what BlackBerry does, but if this is what it takes to survive, then I say go for it! Just my own opinion, so be nice!

Posted either with my Passport or Q5!
    Elite1 likes this.
    10-15-15 01:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    OP do you even forum bro?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by HKondor; 10-15-15 at 04:58 AM.
    10-15-15 04:48 AM
    You know, I think we should all wait until the bloody thing is out BEFORE anybody asks if we should buy it! I personally like both my BlackBerry phones, they do what I want they to do so will wait to see the reviews after it comes out. Even we know a lot we don't know all. That's why I signed up to be kept informed. I love what BlackBerry does, but if this is what it takes to survive, then I say go for it! Just my own opinion, so be nice!

Posted either with my Passport or Q5!
    This phone brings nothing new to the market accept keyboard and privacy warning app that's about it really.

''Splendiferousness'' is not even a word that I use to describe my passport
    10-15-15 05:21 AM
    I have been a loyal Blackberry user since the very early days and I am buying 2 Priv's the day it's released. That's how a true Blackberry fan does it, end of story.
    10-15-15 05:31 AM
54 123