By any chance, does anyone know a work a round for the time being? Can't reply to bank alerts ... or join other things.

Posted via CB App for Android on My Verizon BlackBerry Priv
    03-28-16 06:27 PM
    I did find a long work around. If you use the Verizon message+ and you have a tablet you can install and activate message plus on your tablet . I installed it on my iPad, entered my cell number on the registration. It then sends a security code to the cell phone. Once you enter the security code on the iPad then you can send text from your iPad. All of my recent texts showed up on my iPad and I was able to successfully send text from my iPad to the short code number and get a response.
    03-28-16 06:51 PM
    I did find a long work around. If you use the Verizon message+ and you have a tablet you can install and activate message plus on your tablet . I installed it on my iPad, entered my cell number on the registration. It then sends a security code to the cell phone. Once you enter the security code on the iPad then you can send text from your iPad. All of my recent texts showed up on my iPad and I was able to successfully send text from my iPad to the short code number and get a response.
    Yuck. Don't have a tablet... but thank you for the idea!

03-28-16 08:15 PM
    It is an annoying complicated work around. Hopefully Verizon will release the March security update and it will include a fix for this and activation of visual voicemail. Video calling and WiFi calling would be nice too. Wouldn't want to be to greedy though.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-28-16 09:07 PM
    It is an annoying complicated work around. Hopefully Verizon will release the March security update and it will include a fix for this and activation of visual voicemail. Video calling and WiFi calling would be nice too. Wouldn't want to be to greedy though.
    Why not? Verizon is!
    03-28-16 09:49 PM
    Figured out an easier way, just go to the vtext website on Verizon and you can reply quickly. It's actually pretty easy with the speed of the Priv.

03-31-16 08:06 AM
    Anyone had this resolved yet? Or is it still going to fixed soon...
    04-19-16 06:27 PM
    This has not been resolved. Supposedly will be fixed in next update.
    04-27-16 12:23 AM
    You mean the first update? If it ever gets released.
    04-27-16 06:46 AM
    *Call BlackBerry Support at: it is free
    1-866-533-8067

Why screw around with Verizon. See what BlackBerry can do directly.

Priv owner since Nov 6th 2015
    FF22 likes this.
    04-27-16 07:02 AM
    Verizon had passed me off to BlackBerry. BlackBerry said that they had pushed the issue to their development team and then closed my ticket. They said that they couldn't keep support tickets open indefinitely for issues that their development team was already working o. Then they offered to send me the link to the beta program which I had already signed up for even though they were not currently inviting verizon purchased phones in on the program. Who knows maybe once it is released to the carriers next week then they might open up the beta to verizon customers while waiting for Verizon to release it.
    04-27-16 09:03 AM
    Randomly my phone has now sent two shortcode texts in the last week. One before I received the may security update last week. I had turned my phone completely off. Upon restarting I received a message that message + was trying to send a message to the shortcode number. I told it to allow it and it went through. I tried another one the next morning and it did not work. I received the may update and have restarted the phone multiple times in the last week. Then today I had noticed some of my widgets were not updating so I completely turned the phone off. When I restarted the phone a few minutes later the shortcode I tried to send last week went through as the phone was starting up, this time with no prompt asking me to allow. I only noticed since I got the automated response to the shortcode from who I was sending it to.

Has anyone else had this happen? It seems strange that it is random and not associated with a software update. In the two months prior none went through So not sure what is going on now.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-25-16 09:11 AM
    I had the problem sending short codes. This morning the problem expanded to can't send any text message (but can receive all). I spent an hour on the phone with Verizon. They could not fix, so they wrote a ticket.

I decided to delete Messages +, which is a delete of all updates. During the process the I was asked whether I wanted to install the factory default app. I answered 'yes'. I can now send text messages, including to short codes. Before I deleted Messages + I noticed that the size of that app on my phone was about 120mb. I believe that the default text app is about 54mb. So, they are different apps.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-02-16 06:16 PM
    There's been several threads about short codes not working with the Priv. (I'm on Verizon))

Did anyone ever find a real workaround? After all updates, my phone cannot do it. The message just spins and never gets sent. Annoying that my dentist uses short code for confirmations of appointments and my bank uses it to check balances of cards.
    11-04-16 01:38 PM
    The short code text issue has been resolved with the Marshmallow update that is currently slowly rolling out. I use the Verizon default message plus and can now send short code texts.
    FF22, bluesqueen23 and Bear7079 like this.
    11-07-16 11:38 PM
    Thank you for the update and verification @pac1999
    11-11-16 11:03 AM
    The short code text issue has been resolved with the Marshmallow update that is currently slowly rolling out. I use the Verizon default message plus and can now send short code texts.
    It's not working on my PRIV on VZW on MM.
    11-11-16 09:15 PM
    It's not working on my PRIV on VZW on MM.
    Within the last few days, someone posted a short message text suggestion to test if it were working. Either to Twitter or something..... I think it got back Help info.
    11-11-16 10:14 PM
43 12