I'm with Rogers. My contract has one more year. I don't want to extend it. We don't have much selection in Canada though. I think the big 3or 4 are pretty much the same. The smaller guys have better plans, but coverage isn't the best

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 03:48 PM
    I want to make sure folks understand this, AT&T will NOT SELL a NON AT&T customer a device, period!!! I went to three stores and I was willing to pay the $729.00 plus tax and then have the device unlocked so I could use it on T Mobile and guess what??

None of the stores would sell me a device because I did not have an AT&T account. I just want to make sure folks understand that when they are told just go to an AT&T store and buy one, it doesn't work that way.
    Do what I did - go ahead and open up the account. Get the Priv subsidized. A week later, call in and cancel your plan. You'll have to pay the ETF (early termination fee), but if you take the price of the subsidized phone, ETF, and the activation fee and add them up, you generally break even, or come out on top depending on the phone.

I got the same treatment when I tried to buy the HTC One M9 - spoke to the manager, he refused and said they'll only sell it with a 2 year contract. I then told him "sure, let's sign me up, I can still cancel and just pay the ETF right?" - he quickly changed his mind and let me buy it unlocked.
    11-11-15 03:50 PM
    I want to make sure folks understand this, AT&T will NOT SELL a NON AT&T customer a device, period!!! I went to three stores and I was willing to pay the $729.00 plus tax and then have the device unlocked so I could use it on T Mobile and guess what??

None of the stores would sell me a device because I did not have an AT&T account. I just want to make sure folks understand that when they are told just go to an AT&T store and buy one, it doesn't work that way.
    Were you able to get one from Amazon yesterday?
    11-11-15 04:14 PM
    They've failed on many BlackBerry launches, so it's no surprise that they'd fail on this one. Say you already ordered and are now in the predicament of needing to know what to do next? Instead of heeding from previous forum posters, you proceed to calling their call center... and get frustrated. You decide to mount a campaign to flood their call centers because you're pissed. Now you've just tied up the call center for everyone else... some of whom were able to order through Amazon but now have to wait on hold to reach someone to cancel. Awesome. You've made it better for everyone.
    I'm not sure what posts you're reading but where did I ever say let's get a call campaign and flood DR's call center? Please let me know where that was said. You are chiding people for not listening to your previous posts, and (aghast!) for calling the place where they bought their phone from to try and figure out what's going on!!! Why would anyone do that?

Do you work for DR or something?
    11-11-15 04:21 PM
    Did you get yours yet, bakron1? I've seen a few posts rooting for you. I'm hoping T-Mobile USA will get them and offer them cheaper. At the very least, carrying them would hopefully guarantee wi-fi calling capability. I'm waiting for the holiday sale...
    I went to order one from Amazon yesterday and just when I went to add the device to my cart and checkout, the screen refreshed and it was no longer available????

Oh well, I will find one on Kijji Canada, I live right across the river from Windsor Ontario so I will drive over to get one when it becomes available.
    11-11-15 04:48 PM
    Were you able to get one from Amazon yesterday?
    Read my previous post.
    11-11-15 04:49 PM
    Absolutely correct. You have to be an ATT customer in order to walk in to an ATT store to buy one.
    11-11-15 04:54 PM
    I went to order one from Amazon yesterday and just when I went to add the device to my cart and checkout, the screen refreshed and it was no longer available????

Oh well, I will find one on Kijji Canada, I live right across the river from Windsor Ontario so I will drive over to get one when it becomes available.
    Canada welcomes you my good man!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 05:00 PM
    Yeah it sounds like you really got screwed, which sucks. Just out of curiosity, how did you pay DR? Situations like this is why I always use a Credit Card. I never give anyone direct access to my bank account or money.
    I agree!!!
    11-11-15 05:19 PM
    So just walked into a rogers plus store in Mississauga and bought one outright for 799 Canadian...wow a hundred bucks less than everywhere else...I feel like I robbed Robers...going to cancel my shop blackberry get it by xmas order!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 05:31 PM
    I'm not sure what posts you're reading but where did I ever say let's get a call campaign and flood DR's call center? Please let me know where that was said. You are chiding people for not listening to your previous posts, and (aghast!) for calling the place where they bought their phone from to try and figure out what's going on!!! Why would anyone do that?

Do you work for DR or something?
    I'm not referring to the literal "you". If you've been following this thread, and maybe you haven't as much as I have, you would have seen the cries to flood them with complaints. The only thing I can see from doing this is clogging up their communications channels, when those channels are already poor as it is.

If you've placed an order, they're a legitimate business and will deliver... eventually. We're past the whole "I got it first/already" phase, so there's no point in calling them constantly for shipping status. Their call centers do not know. They're disconnected from shipping. Unless you're ready to cancel, free up the lines for people who want to cancel. And if you want to cancel, call only if you haven't received the shipping confirmation. Once it's in the mail, the best bet is to refuse delivery.

I don't work for them. You obviously haven't followed this thread thoroughly.
    11-11-15 05:32 PM
    It's kinda funny this whole pre order situation. If you look at it from the time I ordered mine, Oct. 23rd, to the launch date. On the order it always said, "it will ship after Nov. 6". On Nov. 6th I get an email saying "thank you for your patients here's a couple of gifts".(so many others got this) If you think about it, that email was telling you that there was going to be a delay on the day of the launch. So why are we so surprised? Also, if I remember correctly, it said regular shipping 4-6 or 6-8(can't remember) and by the way that's business days. So forget the weekends, they don't count. Minus today which is the 11th, if you think about it, in business terms it's only been 2 days(monday and tuesday). So by my calculations they should start arriving Monday of next week, the bulk of them. Some will get it sooner, as we have heard. Some later....like me...

Ah! just my thought on it. You don't have to agree with it. But if you do it will help for you to realize when you are getting your brand new awesome phone!!! I know my wife has hers!!!
    cbvinh and larry5 like this.
    11-11-15 05:33 PM
    Paid full in cash? O_o

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 05:35 PM
    Attachment 380150

799 at Rogers

Posted via CB10
    Where did you get that. If I knew I could pick one up. I would call and cancel.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 05:36 PM
    Southdown road and lakeshore...they have one left...said demand was high...was going to upgrade through corporate but they are back on reservation only...

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 05:38 PM
    Southdown road and lakeshore...they have one left...said demand was high...was going to upgrade through corporate but they are back on reservation only...

Posted via CB10
    I'm just up the road. 10 and eglinton. May may some calls tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 05:40 PM
    The fact that stores are getting 2-3 phones is a joke. Rogers near me,only got 2,and they were for reservations, even the demo was in the back room

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 05:42 PM
    Attachment 380150

799 at Rogers
    You might want to obscure your serial number and phone number...
    11-11-15 05:46 PM
    They are open till 9 I would grab it now if you can because they said they can't keep them and there is now a back order and at 799 it's a no brainer...I was thinking of grabbing both ans selling one lol

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 05:48 PM
    I'd remove the IMEI number (serial); if it was me. Regardless, congratulations @Coach101
    11-11-15 05:54 PM
    Screw it. I'm on my way. One left

Posted via CB10
    kertong, John Doe99 and cbvinh like this.
    11-11-15 05:55 PM
    Screw it. I'm on my way. One left

Posted via CB10
    Go get it Larry

Posted via CB10
    kertong likes this.
    11-11-15 05:58 PM
    Canada welcomes you my good man!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I have a lot of friends and relatives over there. I spend a lot of time in the Windsor and GTA area being involved with the auto industry.
    11-11-15 05:59 PM
    Tweeted digital river.
    AtDigitalRiverInc still waiting for an order I placed on October 23rd to be shipped. It's November 11th and I had express ship
    Atcesarzunigany BlackBerry handles inventory, logistics & custmr svce for ShopBlackBerry PRIV preorders. Contact bb

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-11-15 06:29 PM
    Now I'll have 2. Guess I need to cancel shopberry!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 06:30 PM
1,619 ... 3031323334 ...