I know my experience doesn't cover everyone, but the Passport pre-order and process with DR was very different. I got proper notifications, delivery was immediate, everything was fine. It was not the same experience than with the Priv, but I get that I may have been in the minority. That's why I trusted DR with the Priv this time around.
    That's the thing. Digital River manages fine some of the time. It's when these order spikes happen that they're overwhelmed, especially when people have certain expectations. They advertised shipping after the 6th, but people expect it on the 6th. They usually get restocked once a week and if batch one has already been shipped, people don't want to wait for batch two, perhaps a week later. They're in no way like Amazon.

Digital River can be viewed as a legitimate business that will deliver... eventually. When they had the sale on the Z30, they had the best price by $75. If you're saving $75 and don't need the device right away, you can order through them and just expect it will deliver at some point.

We know BlackBerry will sell through Amazon and BHPhoto now, so if people can wait for those channels, then that's the way to go. Some people just can't wait that long and want to order within hours of pre-order and that's going to be with ShopBlackBerry, at least for now.
    11-11-15 12:17 PM
    If you read through Digital River's wiki page, you'll learn that they have a proclivity for buying up other ecommerce companies. Ingram Micro could be just one of their companies now or they're partnering with them. Digital River handles $30 billion in transactions per year.

If you have the option of buying from elsewhere, do it. For some people, ShopBlackBerry/Digital River distribution is it.
    Thanks.

Our Partners?Ecommerce, Payments & Online Marketing

Considering they are listed under "Strategic Alliances", who knows.
    As others mentioned, at least for shopBB Canada the date is now a week later - November 30th. So, by those calculations, if Black Friday were to come, I wonder orders then would even arrive by Christmas or by the end of the year.
    Mi Lindo Pulgoso likes this.
    11-11-15 12:17 PM
    I was hoping it shipped on the 6th and we all got it this week. That's just logical and business like. Not changing the site every other day and saying over the phone "we think you'll get it by december.
    The new website shipping dates are for people ordering now...

It's pointless to call them, as you've found out... and I summarized in post #153.
    11-11-15 12:19 PM
    Heh, I checked my bank account and the transaction isn't "pending" anymore. All the money has been returned after pending for like a week. This has been the worst experience ever when buying a phone.

Posted via CB10
    Mine isn't pending anymore either.
    The money looks available on the Credit Card.
    But i'm sure that's subject to change in the next day or so.

- To be honest it hasn't been that bad of an experience.
    We want a STV100-1 model unlocked phone. Which is the best of the best.
    Unfortunately we have to wait. **** happens.
    11-11-15 12:21 PM
    If you read through Digital River's wiki page, you'll learn that they have a proclivity for buying up other ecommerce companies. Ingram Micro could be just one of their companies now or they're partnering with them. Digital River handles $30 billion in transactions per year.

If you have the option of buying from elsewhere, do it. For some people, ShopBlackBerry/Digital River distribution is it.
    Thanks.

Our Partners?Ecommerce, Payments & Online Marketing

Considering they are listed under "Strategic Alliances", who knows.
    As others mentioned, at least for shopBB Canada the date is now a week later - November 30th. So, by those calculations, if Black Friday were to come, I wonder orders then would even arrive by Christmas or by the end of the year.
    11-11-15 12:23 PM
    Well I hope through all this waiting. I get a device whose issues have been sorted through

Posted via CB10
    TERDIE likes this.
    11-11-15 12:24 PM
    Canada... LDN, ON
    Ordered Oct 23, 2015 - 10:15am EST

Nothing received here... just the complimentary free charger + case email
    no shipping notifications or tracking #.

I am getting frustrated I won't lie.

Just this.

QTY Product Name
    1 *PRIV
    Boxed Shipment
    We are in the same boat, except I'm in Ottawa. Brutal!
    11-11-15 12:24 PM
    We are in the same boat, except I'm in Ottawa. Brutal!
    It sucks... but it will arrive eventually. I have to just keep plugging away day to day.
    11-11-15 12:26 PM
    I think your missing the part where many people contact DR and they told them yes it would indeed ship on the 6th. They are lying straight to the customers face. I'm having a very hard time understanding why you are so apologetic to them...
    They said it would ship on the 6th. Does that mean delivery on the 6th?

Certainly Digital River has it's problems. See post #153. At the same time, people don't know the difference between ship and delivery.
    11-11-15 12:26 PM
    I just read yours and checked my account and my money's returned to, wth?!?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 12:30 PM
    Picking up a Rogers version off Kijiji for 750 today. Will cancel the pre order. ******* sick of the waiting they can screw off. Will save 200 so I think it's fine to not have a wireless charging feature. Unlocking is like 10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-11-15 12:30 PM
    Is digital river working today?

Posted via CB10
    ericvp30 likes this.
    11-11-15 12:31 PM
    Or is it another lost day

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 12:31 PM
    Is digital river working today?

Posted via CB10
    I phone them earlier and they said they don't directly deal with the shipping company. They just do it via email, never in person or via phone.

So I guess they work today.
    11-11-15 12:35 PM
    My wife ordered a Priv a few days before the 5th of November. The order page says it will be shipped the week of the 9th.

This week is not over so it is understandable that we have not received it yet. She says her credit card has not been charged.
    11-11-15 12:35 PM

Certainly Digital River has it's problems. See post #153. At the same time, people don't know the difference between ship and delivery.
    They also specifically told many people that their device shipped on the 6th, including me. They told me it shipped the 6th, was in Fedex custody but Fedex won't update tracking until Monday because they are closed for the weekend. That's my biggest issue, they just lie. Just admit that it hasn't shipped yet, but hopefully soon. Its not that hard not to lie and make up stories.
    sophace likes this.
    11-11-15 12:41 PM
    Car chargers are for iPhone users... :-)
    Good one!!!!!

Completely right !

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 12:42 PM
    My cc is still pending. Wonder how long that can last. Ordered on the 23rd

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 12:44 PM
    Good one!!!!!

Completely right !

Posted via CB10
    Car chargers are for people with actual cars. I don't have one, don't need it, and the free case that damages the phone isn't too nice either. But I do thank them for that. My dad will get that charger as a Christmas present so I can save the money I don't have for the other family members.

I have to be the broke *** moneyless crackberry user, lol.
    11-11-15 12:44 PM
    I say we rent a big party bus. Fill it full of Beer, head down there ourselves,raise some ****. Not sure where Digital river is,but we can have a hell of a road trip!!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    11-11-15 12:48 PM
    My cc is still pending. Wonder how long that can last. Ordered on the 23rd

Posted via CB10
    I think for banks like Wells Fargo the pending charges are usually allowed to hang around for 30 days.

Other large banks probably have similar policies.
    11-11-15 12:56 PM
    They also specifically told many people that their device shipped on the 6th, including me. They told me it shipped the 6th, was in Fedex custody but Fedex won't update tracking until Monday because they are closed for the weekend. That's my biggest issue, they just lie. Just admit that it hasn't shipped yet, but hopefully soon. Its not that hard not to lie and make up stories.
    Actually, if they told you that it would ship in the next 14 days, you'd be furious too. It might be the truth, but it's not something you want to hear either.

It's been well documented in many threads that their call centers are disconnected from shipping. Calling them for shipping status is a waste of time. They'll know that some orders shipped on the date specified, but not yours specifically. What you want to hear is that yours shipped, not that orders started shipping on Nov. 6th.
    11-11-15 12:57 PM
    Actually, if they told you that it would ship in the next 14 days, you'd be furious too. It might be the truth, but it's not something you want to hear either.

It's been well documented in many threads that their call centers are disconnected from shipping. Calling them for shipping status is a waste of time. They'll know that some orders shipped on the date specified, but not yours specifically. What you want to hear is that yours shipped, not that orders started shipping on Nov. 6th.
    Who do I call about shipping it?
    11-11-15 12:58 PM

No it certainly doesn't mean delivery on the 6th and I think *most* people understood that. What people seem to be upset about, especially those that ordered on the 23rd, is that it did not ship on the 6th.
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    11-11-15 01:10 PM
    No it certainly doesn't mean delivery on the 6th and I think *most* people understood that. What people seem to be upset about, especially those that ordered on the 23rd, is that it did not ship on the 6th.
    That and when they did start shipping they did so without any regard to when you ordered.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-11-15 01:12 PM
1,619 ... 2829303132 ...