So this was interesting. I started entering 999 QTY for the Priv at 10am today, and it told me they only have 965 available.
    checking right now (12:25p), it says 840. so is that good or bad? what do you guys think..
    So in 2 hours and 20 minutes they sold 120.

So they could possibly sell 1,309 per day,
    9,136 per week
    36,654 per month
    439,854 per year.

Obviously purchases will go up and down, but if they sold 500k I would say it's a reasonably good job.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on OS 10.3.3.271
    10-25-15 07:17 AM
    They trailed off pretty quick about 1 an hour in uk

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    10-25-15 07:30 AM
    It's $100 less, $50 (at most) to unlock it. Rogers has to unlock it the day you buy it if you pay outright. So you're still saving $50 and have an unlocked phone.

Only possible downside is carrier-locked system updates.
    It took me 6 months of back and forth calls and location visits to Rogers to unlock my z30 after paying full price for it on launch to Rogers.
    They claimed they did it. I had to call them from overseas and still they did not do it.
    And Yes, it costs 50 dollars at Rogers to unlock it. It might be 100 dollars for the Priv to make for the difference in price.
    You are not going to fool Rogers in funding the difference and I doubt they will unlock it the minute you buy it from them.
    Makes no sense.

Carrier updates are not a problem. At least they weren't with BB10.
    10-25-15 07:34 AM
    Any chance of seeing it released as an all-touch device?! Now that would be something!

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    It took me 6 months of back and forth calls and location visits to Rogers to unlock my z30 after paying full price for it on launch to Rogers.
    They claimed they did it. I had to call them from overseas and still they did not do it.
    Then don't. Buy a third party unlock for $10.
    Doesn't work in Canada. I tried. They'd have to call rogers and it was still 50 dollars.
    10-25-15 07:40 AM
    You are not going to fool Rogers in funding the difference and I doubt they will unlock it the minute you buy it from them.
    Nobody's fooling them, CRTC is telling them. And if they don't, file a report with CCTS.

Telecom Regulatory Policy CRTC 2013-271

1. Unlocking
    (i) A service provider that provides a locked device to the customer as part of a contract must

a. for subsidized devices: unlock the device, or give the customer the means to unlock the device, upon request, at the rate specified by the service provider, no later than 90 calendar days after the contract start date.

b. for unsubsidized devices: unlock the device, or give the customer the means to unlock the device, at the rate specified by the service provider, upon request.
    10-25-15 08:04 AM
    Doesn't work in Canada. I tried. They'd have to call rogers and it was still 50 dollars.
    I don't know what you're doing but I've done many unlocks via eBay before and they all worked.
    10-25-15 08:05 AM

9,136 per week
    36,654 per month
    439,854 per year.

Obviously purchases will go up and down, but if they sold 500k I would say it's a reasonably good job.
    That's assuming this fever-pitch level of excitement can be maintained for a year.

When Chen said maybe 5,000,000, I think most non-biased folks heard 500,000 at the high end.

Seems reasonable that the 3ish million per year he predicts is 10% to 20% Priv.
    10-25-15 08:19 AM
    If there is a world wide release on many, if not all, carriers, then we haven't even scratched the surface of sales.
    10-25-15 08:27 AM
    Rather disappointed that a HongKong born CEO would ignore Asia. Come on, we have money to burn. Launch it over here already!
    Andrew Finley likes this.
    10-25-15 08:32 AM
    You've never seen Android? Or BB10? 'cause it'll most likely be a mash-up of the two. If you're worried, don't pre-order. How many people do you think they'll "trick" into buying it before reviews anyway? Enough to make any significance?
    All I am saying is that they purposefully chose to release the preorder at full price prior to lifting the media blackout, and in addition to that we have seen hundreds of leaks but no software. That is a strange situation which blackberry purposefully chose to put itself in and it does not do much to reassure me that I should drop $699 on it.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    10-25-15 09:33 AM
    Why do people like to speculate without any meaningful data?
    Irish Blues and iToya like this.
    10-25-15 10:13 AM
    All I am saying is that they purposefully chose to release the preorder at full price prior to lifting the media blackout, and in addition to that we have seen hundreds of leaks but no software. That is a strange situation which blackberry purposefully chose to put itself in and it does not do much to reassure me that I should drop $699 on it.

BlackBerry PRIV
    10-25-15 10:19 AM
    Its pretty much stock android and if you look at enough of the screens and put it together - BBRY HUB is actually an email app on android that also view but not alter information from other apps.
    10-25-15 10:27 AM
    Why do people like to speculate without any meaningful data?
    Pretty well everything on this thread is speculation for now .
    10-25-15 10:32 AM
    I'm waiting for Amazon to start selling it. It will be much easier for me to return it, if I choose, too.
    10-25-15 11:48 AM
    Its pretty much stock android and if you look at enough of the screens and put it together - BBRY HUB is actually an email app on android that also view but not alter information from other apps.
    And they locked that down pretty quickly further cementing my opinion that we haven't heard about the software and they have started preorder prior to the media blackout expiring precisely because they know that there is little that the BlackBerry diehards will find familiar or useful..
    ShopBlackBerry Priv not enough stocks-img_20151025_141010.png

Hey, this could be the reason we are hearing rumors of a bb10 version next year.....maybe they finally decide it would be cheaper to buy the drivers than to replicate the BlackBerry experience on android.

10-25-15 01:13 PM
    Rather disappointed that a HongKong born CEO would ignore Asia. Come on, we have money to burn. Launch it over here already!
    i already ordered mine on the US site ! you should do it too and get it shipped =)
    10-25-15 01:32 PM
    This doesn't mean squat. Only people like us even know about it. This device will bring lots of folks back to BlackBerry once they realize it's out there.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Silver Passport!
    They are playing the long game. They are not after iPhone numbers just a boost to what they have sold in the past few years. Once the public have seen the device we will see how it is really gonna pan out. At the minute it's just hard core BlackBerry fans.

Posted via CB10
    DJBS4LIFE likes this.
    10-25-15 01:40 PM
    These numbers are virtually meaningless since the device still has not been released and NDAs are still active. Preorders are just to appease the fanatics.

My Tmobile rep knew about the device and has been getting calls about it, but they have not gotten information yet on a store level. She did mention that sales emails go out on Mondays, and hinted at me to call back tomorrow .

I already have a preorder from shopblackberry, but will get a second unlocked one off contract through TMo if they have it on release day.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    10-25-15 01:52 PM
    And the fact that Apple told the public it was available.
    Might have something to do with it.

Posted via CB10
    How so?

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 02:18 PM
    Any chance of seeing it released as an all-touch device?! Now that would be something!
    It is.
    SuperGlue can help you.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB, MO3iusONE and nonamenomore like this.
    10-25-15 02:20 PM
    i already ordered mine on the US site ! you should do it too and get it shipped =)
    Am seriously considering it. Calculating the cost, using Comgateway to Malaysia :-)
    10-25-15 04:50 PM

9,136 per week
    36,654 per month
    439,854 per year.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on OS 10.3.3.271
    You need to schedule a deep sea fishing trip.

Getting old!

PIN 2COF829A
    10-25-15 08:00 PM
144 ... 3456