What are the benefits from buying from one or the other, beside one being factory unlocked. My question is just referring to software benefits nothing related to $$.

I am not sure if i should go to T-Mobile or buy Directly from BB.

Help.

Thank you
    01-26-16 01:40 PM
    They both have wireless charging so the only difference is no TMO bloatware on the direct model and the direct is $20 cheaper outright. Of course TMO offers no interest financing and insurance so that might be worth the $20 to you.
    01-26-16 01:48 PM
    I see on the blackberry website that i can finance via Paypal now. So i guess i should go with the one from blackberry directly.
    01-26-16 01:51 PM
    Have no idea how well T-Mo does with updates, if they are like the other carriers, you will be waiting a while with a T-Mo device.
    Again, not familier with T-Mo, I'm using a factory unlocked on AT&T, I can load any of the AT&T bloatware if I want, not sure if I can delete it, but I don't want any so academic to me.
    01-26-16 05:20 PM
    The big thing is... with T-mobile you can get it on Jump. $34 per month.... and you can switch and trade up your phone up to 3 times a year to something new. You can also always buy the phone outright. After 18 months, turn it in, get something new. Will be jumping one of the samsungs we have at the office.
    01-26-16 05:49 PM
    So if you buy outright, and pretend your paying $34 a month, you have to wait 20 1/2 months instead of 18. 2 1/2 extra months. And you get to keep or resell the phone.

Though I do understand $700 is a chunk of change, budget wise it may be better to use carrier financing. If PayPal is interest free or really low interest, it might be better to do that with a factory unlocked. You still get to keep the phone.

Personally, I keep the same phone until there is a compelling reason to change, usually 3 to 4 years, but thats me. Between old age / eyesite, and the extra screen real estate on the Priv, I called it a compelling reason. The old Z10 could have easily made it another year or two.
    01-26-16 06:52 PM
    The Paypal zero interest deal is to pay off the phone in six months or less.

https://creditapply.paypal.com/apply...setId=PPCMICRO
    01-26-16 07:07 PM
    It says 12 months interest free if your spend 599 and above
    01-27-16 09:19 AM