At least they got the emails out in a relatively timely manner...lol. They are trying and I like the price, especially for all that is offered. Not sure why folks comparing it to a regular android phone, but meh.
    Attachment 377116

Posted via CB10
    Because at the end of the day, an Android phone is an Android phone. Everyone will do this price comparison. Most will choose to go with something that looks to be comparatively better value. This is a stupid price any way that you cut it.
    10-23-15 08:46 AM
    Indeed, the lack of a proper introduction will hurt sales.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    10-23-15 08:50 AM
    I thought the COO said actual orders not pre-orders?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 08:51 AM
    So since I'm not an Android guy will someone explain to me why I shouldn't order a Motorola X Pure instead of the Priv if I go android? I know the Priv has the keyboard but doesn't the Pure have equal or better specs while being priced $450 for a equivalent 32GB?

Spreading the love with my Z10
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    10-23-15 08:53 AM
    Because at the end of the day, an Android phone is an Android phone. Everyone will do this price comparison. Most will choose to go with something that looks to be comparatively better value. This is a stupid price any way that you cut it.
    I would surmise, for folks who say an android phone is an android phone, means this phone is clearly not for them.

Another poster did a great breakdown of the phone and what it offers, I don't think anyone had facts to refute what he said. It was a long read, I skimmed it because I knew exactly what he was pointing out. It is what it is.

Posted via CB10
    gvs1341 likes this.
    10-23-15 08:56 AM
    So since I'm not an Android guy will someone explain to me why I shouldn't order a Motorola X Pure instead of the Priv if I go android? I know the Priv has the keyboard but doesn't the Pure have equal or better specs while being priced $450 for a equivalent 32GB?

depends...do you like the security features the PRIV has? then maybe its worth 300 more to you.

There are some more features to but I do agree with your premise.
    will308 likes this.
    10-23-15 08:56 AM
    I still think they will have an official announcement before the carriers get it, they are just allowing some diehards to order early because devices are ready.
    10-23-15 08:57 AM

Case in point. There is no reason not to go for the Pure, unless you want the physical keyboard and some added security features. Not worth the price difference IMHO.
    10-23-15 08:57 AM
    Bentley doesn't sell too many cars, but I don't hear many people complain they're priced too high. I was hoping for $649, but BlackBerry's recent lack of success selling BB10 phones isn't really relevant, IMO.
    Lol BlackBerry isn't a Bentley of the phone industry

Posted via CB10
    dejanh and LazyEvul like this.
    10-23-15 08:59 AM
    I would surmise, for folks who say an android phone is an android phone, means this phone is clearly not for them.

Another poster did a great breakdown of the phone and what it offers, I don't think anyone had facts to refute what he said. It was a long read, I skimmed it because I knew exactly what he was pointing out. It is what it is.

Posted via CB10
    You're counting on people being educated consumers. We both know this won't make a difference. I myself am neither buying the PRIV nor another Android instead of it at this stage. However, as an educated consumer I also know that beside a keyboard, I can achieve nearly the same exact level of security and privacy on any Android device, as long as I watch what I'm doing.
    10-23-15 09:00 AM
    No love for Germany
    10-23-15 09:02 AM
    Where do people usually buy specific BlackBerry models from?

According to the Priv Models and Frequencies thread, the SSTV100-3 is simply a more capable phone in terms of frequency options which makes it ideal for traveling and North American carrier support.

But the US shopblackberry site is only offering the SSTV100-1 for pre-order as of right now.
    agedly likes this.
    10-23-15 09:02 AM
    I still think they will have an official announcement before the carriers get it, they are just allowing some diehards to order early because devices are ready.
    +1

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    10-23-15 09:03 AM
    I'm really curious what the german price will be... I hope its 649� - nat�rlich als unverbindliche Preisempfehlung ^^

EDIT: Just got the US email that preorder is live. Now lets wait for the german one.
    that was passport's price, so now way... My best hope is at 699�, but if you compare to the american store, all blackberries have a bigger number in � than in $, so I would bet it will be 749�
    10-23-15 09:04 AM
    Bentley doesn't sell too many cars, but I don't hear many people complain they're priced too high. I was hoping for $649, but BlackBerry's recent lack of success selling BB10 phones isn't really relevant, IMO.
    Bently is not in competition with Ford and Toyota. Also, Bently is not a toxic brand on life support. On the other hand, BlackBerry is in competition with Apple and Android. BlackBerry is also extremely toxic and on life support. The comparison is baseless.

Posted via CB10
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    10-23-15 09:04 AM
    You're counting on people being educated consumers. We both know this won't make a difference. I myself am neither buying the PRIV nor another Android instead of it at this stage. However, as an educated consumer I also know that beside a keyboard, I can achieve nearly the same exact level of security and privacy on any Android device, as long as I watch what I'm doing.
    I will just say OK, because your last statement is categorically wrong.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-23-15 09:16 AM
    I never said they were. I was pointing out that low sales does not mean a product must have a low price.

Lol BlackBerry isn't a Bentley of the phone industry

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 09:19 AM
    I never said they were. I was pointing out that low sales does not mean a product must have a low price.
    Right, but in the phone industry, sales matter.
    10-23-15 09:24 AM

They matter is cars, too, which is why Bentley could not survive as an independent company. They share a lot (design, infrastructure, platforms, engines, parts, etc.) with the rest of the Volkswagen group. On their own, they would have folded by now.
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    10-23-15 09:31 AM
    I will just say OK, because your last statement is categorically wrong.

Posted via CB10
    You are joking, right? Besides root trust, what exactly does the PRIV bring that one cannot achieve using granular app permissions offered by Marshmallow, ensuring you download only from the Google Play Store, and if you really want to get anal about it, having a prominent antivirus/anti-malware scanner installed? Sounds to me that you just don't have a rebuttal, so you're avoiding the argument all together. I'll leave it at that. Do enlighten me if you know more than I do.
    10-23-15 09:37 AM
    You are joking, right? Besides root trust, what exactly does the PRIV bring that one cannot achieve using granular app permissions offered by Marshmallow, ensuring you download only from the Google Play Store, and if you really want to get anal about it, having a prominent antivirus/anti-malware scanner installed? Sounds to me that you just don't have a rebuttal, so you're avoiding the argument all together. I'll leave it at that. Do enlighten me if you know more than I do.
    No I'm just pointing out the weakest points in your words in hope you would go learn or read more.

For instance, for you to even mention Anit-virus and android is laughable. It's not even realtime scanning. Anyone worth their salt in knowledge of android would tell you anti-virus tools on android are snake oil aka rubbish, not good, not true in what they advertise etc etc.

Seriously though, do you know of the general security that was applied against the kernel or are you just floating above it all as meh, not what the general public will see or matters to them?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 09:51 AM
    Of course sales matter, but profits matter more. Are you saying you factor how many other people want a phone into your personal valuation of the phone? That's fine if you do, but it's just a personal choice. I couldn't give 2 ****s if other people think my phone sucks or is over-priced. I like what I like, and I'll buy what I want regardless of their opinions.
    DolemiteDONS and nokia4life like this.
    10-23-15 10:31 AM
    The Blackberry Android is an Iconic Phone. Hence the price. Thats the way Blackberry wants you to see it. First of its kind. I have no interest in Android at the moment. If I did, I wouldnt pay $900 CDN plus 13% taxes for a phone. I may consider under $600 but if I was looking for an android ( I most probably will next year) it is too rich for my blood. Maybe the price will drop in half in December
    10-23-15 10:39 AM
    Ordered mine
    10-23-15 10:43 AM
    are you just floating above it all as meh, not what the general public will see or matters to them
    Pretty much. The general public neither cares nor would care. I don't care that much, not enough to pay the price. I know that BlackBerry applied (Grsecurity) patches to the kernel, but ultimately, so what? The only thing that matters is sales numbers at this stage, and they aren't going to get them at the current price point.
    10-23-15 11:16 AM
57 123