I've had nothing but problems since day 1 with my Shaw Webmail accounts on my Priv. At first I set up the accounts as "pop" accounts and couldn't download attachments within the hub . I always had to use the GMail account to open them . Always received an error message about "the network is busy or taking too long so try again later" .
    After a little investigation It was suggested I set up the webmail accounts as imap instead. I have no idea what the difference is but it seemed to resolve the issues with attachments for a few days but now a new issue has come up. I can receive emails but whenever I try to send them I get a red exclamation mark and the emails don't actually send . So I'm left going back to my Gmail account to reply to the emails.
    Not only are the double notifications annoying but the hub has become almost useless for me if I can't reply to emails from within it .
    Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Pop accounts always worked flawlessly for me on my BB10 devices and I'm really frustrated so far with the email experience on my Priv . I absolutely love my Priv in so many ways but I need to find a solution to my webmail issues . Please offer any suggestions !!
    01-27-16 12:41 PM
    01-27-16 12:54 PM
    I've had nothing but problems since day 1 with my Shaw Webmail accounts on my Priv. At first I set up the accounts as "pop" accounts and couldn't download attachments within the hub . I always had to use the GMail account to open them . Always received an error message about "the network is busy or taking too long so try again later" .
    After a little investigation It was suggested I set up the webmail accounts as imap instead. I have no idea what the difference is but it seemed to resolve the issues with attachments for a few days but now a new issue has come up. I can receive emails but whenever I try to send them I get a red exclamation mark and the emails don't actually send . So I'm left going back to my Gmail account to reply to the emails.
    Not only are the double notifications annoying but the hub has become almost useless for me if I can't reply to emails from within it .
    Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Pop accounts always worked flawlessly for me on my BB10 devices and I'm really frustrated so far with the email experience on my Priv . I absolutely love my Priv in so many ways but I need to find a solution to my webmail issues . Please offer any suggestions !!
    Whether external and internal pop/smtp settings work or not depends also on the network you are on as well so the two settings will be different!
    I'm with Rogers wireless and had to play around with the smtp settings as not all are accepted I found out.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    01-27-16 01:33 PM
    I've tried that . Attachments open but outgoing emails still aren't sending. Still getting the red exclamation when I try and send an email .
    01-27-16 02:21 PM
    Why don't you set it up as an outlook account? This way you can sync the contact, calendar and email.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 03:03 PM
    Incoming - imap.shaw.ca
    Port 993
    Security - SSL/TLS

Outgoing - mail.shaw.ca
    Port - 587
    Security - STARTTLS (accept all certificates)

Took me a while to get this working but my shawmail works as it should in the Hub.

Posted via Priv
    STV100-3
    01-27-16 03:46 PM
    I've tried that . Attachments open but outgoing emails still aren't sending. Still getting the red exclamation when I try and send an email .
    Who is your service provider, and are you sure outgoing requires a security protocol?

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    01-27-16 03:47 PM
    I believe shaw recommends using Activesync, not Imap or POP.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    01-29-16 01:20 PM
    Incoming - imap.shaw.ca
    Port 993
    Security - SSL/TLS

Outgoing - mail.shaw.ca
    Port - 587
    Security - STARTTLS (accept all certificates)

Took me a while to get this working but my shawmail works as it should in the Hub.

Posted via Priv
    STV100-3
    My incoming settings are the same.

My outgoing settings:
    smtp.shaw.ca
    STARTTLS (Accept all certificates)
    Require signin - checked
    Username ______
    Authentication ______

Works perfectly from Hub.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-29-16 05:16 PM