This is disgusting.

It kept changing to suggested word 'security'.

And you wonder why some children in repressed families are so messed up when they can't freely talk about equality in a safe PRIVATE environment?

Seriously if the word Sexuality isn't in the vocabulary as default what would a strict orthodox Christian parent do if they saw this word.

What if that child is gay? Transgender? How can they safely search for vital information about their sexuality if they cannot talk about it to their parents?

EDIT: I wish to apologise if I have offended anyone and realise I have come across in a confusing way which is not appropriate for this forum.
    Last edited by Acvdm; 11-12-15 at 09:10 AM.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    11-12-15 07:28 AM
    Keep your junk in your pants and off of my screen.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on the Priv
    11-12-15 07:35 AM
    Just hit the plus sign. Then it will be stored.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 07:38 AM
    Keep your junk in your pants and off of my screen.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on the Priv
    This is a very important matter and the reason I was trying to type the word is because a woman has been jailed for a long time just by pretending to be a man as she was someone who clearly was struggling with her own sexuality of being gay.

We should not be ashamed to talk about it. I cannot believe BlackBerry would even dare to try and prevent people from doing so. What good can it do and especially to children? The Internet for many kids is a vital safe resource they may not have the luxury elsewhere
    Elephant_Canyon and mad_mdx like this.
    11-12-15 07:42 AM
    Why does this thread exist? Just type it out and add it to the dictionary if it's not already. My dictionary didn't have the word "Erythropoietin" in it. Same thing.

Jesus, you people will complain about anything!
    11-12-15 08:14 AM
    This is a very important matter and the reason I was trying to type the word is because a woman has been jailed for a long time just by pretending to be a man as she was someone who clearly was struggling with her own sexuality of being gay.

We should not be ashamed to talk about it. I cannot believe BlackBerry would even dare to try and prevent people from doing so. What good can it do and especially to children? The Internet for many kids is a vital safe resource they may not have the luxury elsewhere
    I think it's just because the BlackBerry is going to be a business oriented phone, their dictionary has always been on the polite /business side.

It's better for you to mistakenly write Security instead of sexuality when sending a text
    It's MUCH better NOT to email your boss about the 'company sexuality'

Not sure why you are 'disgusted'. Did it make you nauseous that the autocorrect was keeping things casual? I think you have health issues in that case.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    11-12-15 08:18 AM
    This is disgusting.

It kept changing to suggested word 'security'.

And you wonder why some children in repressed families are so messed up when they can't freely talk about equality in a safe PRIVATE environment?

Seriously if the word Sexuality isn't in the vocabulary as default what would a strict orthodox Christian parent do if they saw this word.

What if that child is gay? Transgender? How can they safely search for vital information about their sexuality if they cannot talk about it to their parents?

#FreeSexuality #LetsTalkAboutIt
    You're a moron. Mine doesn't like the word "sexual" and keeps changing it to "secular" so I just add to dictionary with method mentioned above or backspace and change and space away and it usually learns.

It also likes to change "in" to "on". I shall riot.
    11-12-15 08:24 AM
    Why does this thread exist? Just type it out and add it to the dictionary if it's not already. My dictionary didn't have the word "Erythropoietin" in it. Same thing.

Jesus, you people will complain about anything!
    Why should talking about it be optional?

This is about censorship and this is not the only word that has been censored.
    11-12-15 08:24 AM
    I think it's just because the BlackBerry is going to be a business oriented phone, their dictionary has always been on the polite /business side.

It's better for you to mistakenly write Security instead of sexuality when sending a text
    It's MUCH better NOT to email your boss about the 'company sexuality'

Not sure why you are 'disgusted'. Did it make you nauseous that the autocorrect was keeping things casual? I think you have health issues in that case.
    Very well said.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 08:26 AM
    No. This is not about censorship, this is about a social justice warrior not knowing how to add words to a phone dictionary and being disgusted and outraged. Stick to coloring books and SesameStreet, you life will be much more relaxed.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for The Priv
    11-12-15 08:30 AM
    OP: You should definitely watch this:

Doesn't Crackberry have a "Crap" section that this thread can be moved to?
    tpmjb, Greg Gorby and Seecamp38001 like this.
    11-12-15 08:30 AM
    I would like to say that on my BlackBerry when I start to type sexu the following options come up, sexuality, sexualité.

These are by default. No censorship.
    Sexuality isn't a word we cannot freely express about according to BlackBerry-img_20151112_093642.png

Posted via CB10
    q649, Ihauntu2 and PantherBlitz like this.
    11-12-15 08:37 AM
    You're overreacting...

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 09:43 AM
    I don't think this is the correct forum for this thread. Maybe if op had written his post asking for help with autocorrect or adding words to dictionary. But a tech site is not the place for a conversation about sexuality or social justice.

Curve8300 - Curve9220 - Torch9850 - Z10 - Priv
    q649 likes this.
    11-12-15 09:48 AM
    Wow. Lots of people worked up about this, odd. Anyway,

Sexual sexuality. Both of these worked for me without corrections, modifications or substitutions on BlackBerry 10. However I suspect the word filter on Android is managed by Alphabet...

Is it possible to clear the word substitutions like we do on BB10? I agree, it's dumb, and makes you wonder what other words they are filtering. I wouldn't be surprised if filters are region specific too.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    11-12-15 09:50 AM
    But a tech site is not the place for a conversation about sexuality or social justice.

Curve8300 - Curve9220 - Torch9850 - Z10 - Priv
    I realise that and I apologise if I have offended anyone.
    11-12-15 09:54 AM
    OP: You should definitely watch this:

Doesn't Crackberry have a "Crap" section that this thread can be moved to?
    Dude that video is gold, thanks for sharing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-12-15 09:58 AM
    Misleading title. I grabbed the lube for no reason ;(

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-12-15 10:10 AM
    this thread is a mess. As for the problem with autocorrect suggestions have been made. The rest of the content isnt related to anything on the Priv forum
    jberb1984 likes this.
    11-12-15 10:28 AM