your call

cant reveal specs.

1) idk, I only have slider info.
    2) doesn't appear so, but I dont have a whole lot of info on it other than a few short(er) paragraphs and specs.
    3) def a big screen, comparable to the s6 edge+ screen.
    Is the battery bigger or equivalent to the Passports 3450 mAh? If no, is it at least Z30 or bigger at 2880 mAh?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 04:27 PM
    your call

2) doesn't appear so, but I dont have a whole lot of info on it other than a few short(er) paragraphs and specs.
    Comparable battery and price to s6 edge+?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 04:56 PM
    Or install OS10 on it. I really really hope it fails miserably. Even if it leads to the death of Blackberry totally, we need the next OS to pop up and give us some more diversity. Last thing we need is ANOTHER android device on the market.
    ...and that's why you're no longer Blackberry's target market. Its "fans" are its worst enemies.
    09-11-15 05:23 PM
    ...and that's why you're no longer Blackberry's target market. Its "fans" are its worst enemies.
    Yeah I think I heard someone else say that they'd rather see blackberry die than see it running Android.

I on the other hand am stoked for this phone!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    ayngling, nuntym and madx80h like this.
    09-11-15 06:42 PM
    So Are we we suppose to surmise from the comments, posted here that the BB slider is ready for production, and will be running full android, but will cost big bucks?
    09-11-15 07:45 PM
    I don't understand why people on here would rather see Blackberry die than launch an Android device. My opinion is that BB10 is a superior OS, but lets face it the writing is on the wall, They only managed to sell 300,000 passports after launch, and this quarter they may have sold about that many. For a flagship device that's pathetic. Blackberry has finally come to the conclusion that BB10 OS is not being accepted by the general public or corporations for that ,matter. So they have to do what they have to do in order to survive. It's sad but it's also reality. There is always a point of no return in every situation in life, and as far as BB10 Blackberry has reached that point. There image is damaged beyond repair. It's defiantly Blackberry's fault here (Don't blame Apple or Samsung), they sat back and didn't do what was required to promote and encourage people to buy their brand. With billions in their bank account they could of paid off developers to create major apps for BB10, but they didn't.. So now as far as the handset business goes it's going to be more and more Android. As far as John Chen it seems he has been flip flopping a lot lately, that's not a good sign.No more layoff's then more layoff's, we will be cash flow positive, now it's going to happen in two years, Amazon will solve the App gap, now it's not working out. Man he really needs to watch what he says.
    09-11-15 07:59 PM
    So Are we we suppose to surmise from the comments, posted here that the BB slider is ready for production, and will be running full android, but will cost big bucks?
    Definitely not the $550 some people were hoping for.
    09-11-15 08:02 PM
    Berry needs to release this. I am tired of waiting!!
    MO3iusONE and ayngling like this.
    09-11-15 08:03 PM
    Berry needs to release this. I am tired of waiting!!
    Release it?? They have not even announced it or confirmed they are working on it. Need to calm down and wait.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 08:40 PM
    Yes it still has the hub he says that's it from blackberry
    09-11-15 09:29 PM
    Well I don't want to see Blackberry die BUT I DON'T WANT TO SEE IT RUNNING Android EITHER. Will have to wait to see what is released and then see if I'm forced to get a Classic or a Passport.
    Allanon89 likes this.
    09-11-15 11:52 PM
    Definitely not the $550 some people were hoping for.
    People are crazy if that's what they're hoping, it sounds like it's going to have top of the line specs, no way it's going to be less than half the cost of the iPhone. (I'm talking in Canadian dollars here).

I would happily pay $750 to $800 if the spec rumours are true.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 12:16 AM
    People are crazy if that's what they're hoping, it sounds like it's going to have top of the line specs, no way it's going to be less than half the cost of the iPhone. (I'm talking in Canadian dollars here).

I would happily pay $750 to $800 if the spec rumours are true.

Posted via CB10
    Go big or go home. I paid almost 900 bucks for my note 4 when it was first released and paid a good 700 dollars for my gf's galaxy s6 edge. I'll have no probably paying top dollar for this blackberry slider.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-12-15 12:37 AM
    Or install OS10 on it. I really really hope it fails miserably. Even if it leads to the death of Blackberry totally, we need the next OS to pop up and give us some more diversity. Last thing we need is ANOTHER android device on the market.
    Indeed! And even if BlackBerry puts the data on their own secure servers, Google still has direct access to your phone if it runs android.
    There is a reason why you cannot control permissions on Android apps. Google and the NSA do not want you to!
    09-12-15 01:20 AM
    I don't understand why people on here would rather see Blackberry die than launch an Android device. My opinion is that BB10 is a superior OS, but lets face it the writing is on the wall, They only managed to sell 300,000 passports after launch, and this quarter they may have sold about that many. For a flagship device that's pathetic. Blackberry has finally come to the conclusion that BB10 OS is not being accepted by the general public or corporations for that ,matter. So they have to do what they have to do in order to survive. It's sad but it's also reality. There is always a point of no return in every situation in life, and as far as BB10 Blackberry has reached that point. There image is damaged beyond repair. It's defiantly Blackberry's fault here (Don't blame Apple or Samsung), they sat back and didn't do what was required to promote and encourage people to buy their brand. With billions in their bank account they could of paid off developers to create major apps for BB10, but they didn't.. So now as far as the handset business goes it's going to be more and more Android. As far as John Chen it seems he has been flip flopping a lot lately, that's not a good sign.No more layoff's then more layoff's, we will be cash flow positive, now it's going to happen in two years, Amazon will solve the App gap, now it's not working out. Man he really needs to watch what he says.
    It's surprising that they sold that many passports given that there was no advertising and everybody got it unlocked directly from shopblackberry.
    Chen made absolutely no effort to sell handsets. You can pretty much argue that he set it up intentionally to fail!
    09-12-15 01:23 AM
    It's surprising that they sold that many passports given that there was no advertising and everybody got it unlocked directly from shopblackberry.
    Chen made absolutely no effort to sell handsets. You can pretty much argue that he set it up intentionally to fail!
    Maybe he realized before he took job that there wasn't room for more than two app stores (Google and Apple) in the world, and that BlackBerry needed to secure Android properly (maybe even with QNX running underneath) and port the productivity suite to make the most productive android out there.

Maybe they have been working intensely on this since he started, and he didn't want to spend money on marketing until they were done.

The feature of running Android apps, first side loaded and then through Amazon, may have been side effects on the way, as development reached certain milestones.

Maybe once they release this phone, their marketing efforts really start.

One can always hope... that would be so friggin' awesome.
    09-12-15 02:18 AM
    All I'm saying is the carrier is showing only one colour. that may change.

and as far as BB10 goes, to the other question, I see no change in the current line up or EOL. But that can happen at anytime.

I also have a date, and it falls in line with other rumours but a bit earlier. Think of the date for the passport... that should put it in line(not the release date by BlackBerry directly, but when the carriers launched it)... if you have a way to check the month/date do it, itll fall in line with what I'm seeing. But this info can change at anytime. what im reading is a basic placeholder until the day of launch...
    So this month?
    09-12-15 03:45 AM
    They only managed to sell 300,000 passports after launch, and this quarter they may have sold about that many. For a flagship device that's pathetic. Blackberry has finally come to the conclusion that BB10 OS is not being accepted by the general public or corporations for that ,matter.
    Sure it's because of BB10 OS and not because the Passport's got a bat**** insane form factor which no more than 300,000 people can like and fit in their pockets each quarter. Ok.
    Sure things can never turn around with proper effort, eh? Ok.

I for one didn't care about BlackBerry until the first BB10 rumors. If BB10 gets scrapped, I won't care anymore - except for people losing their jobs, which always makes me sad. I've lived through the death of Nokia, the death of Symbian, the death of MeeGo - I'd like to see BB and BB10 live on and thrive.
    Sleepy_ER_Dr likes this.
    09-12-15 04:40 AM
    there wasn't room for more than two app stores (Google and Apple) in the world
    Seven billion people and no room for more than two (mobile) app stores. We humans are pretty commonplace.
    09-12-15 04:42 AM
    So this month?
    Not necessarily, it depends which carrier. Wind Mobile never released it.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 07:07 AM
    your call

cant reveal specs.

doens't look like S6 edge+ screen size... If it's the device from the leaks, looks ver "non-plus" size. wich is good in my opinion.

September 29th+-blackberry-slider-mwc.jpg
    09-12-15 08:28 AM
    Seven billion people and no room for more than two (mobile) app stores. We humans are pretty commonplace.
    It' not seven billion people that are building apps, they are only consuming. Every company (and startup) must spend their resources wisely, and building a good (bug-free) app is hard enough with only two app stores.

(Disclaminer: I am founder/ceo of a startup, waitress.com, with an app for iOS and Android, despite my love for BlackBerry I am only half done with the native bb10 version, which I can only justify working on after hours.)
    RigoMonster likes this.
    09-12-15 09:32 AM
    As someone mentioned earlier: The BlackBerry Slider will be the flagship "Nexus" device for Android at Work. It's the best what Google and BlackBerry could have done to 1. Establish Android as a business OS and 2. Make BlackBerry successful in their core business again. Don't get it why so many here think that it won't happen.

Posted via CB10
    I heard that claim before and guess what reality was pretty different. Android has been used in business for years and years and so it is not a novelty. If you think a Blackberry Android will beat Samsung and the other oems, you are dead wrong.
    09-12-15 09:46 AM
    If it is android, it can be hopefully rooted and we can install Linux on it.
    Otherwise, it's good bye. BlackBerry phones for me. Can't accept Google on my phone.
    You realize every company is capable of going through our information and every move right. To think otherwise is being naive. Be it iOS, Android, Windows, BB10. Hell even with the other OS like Linux, why work so hard to develop an OS and invest so much money to do so, only to hand it out for free? There has to be a catch. Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 09:49 AM
    doens't look like S6 edge+ screen size... If it's the device from the leaks, looks ver "non-plus" size. which is good in my opinion.
    The slider is expected to have a 5.4 inch screen, putting it in between the S6 Edge (5.1) and the S6 Edge+ (5.7).
    Sleepy_ER_Dr likes this.
    09-12-15 09:50 AM
120 ... 2345