If it was something new (NOT ANDROID) I would gladly leave BB10, otherwise its BB10, windows or IOS only for me. I cant see this being such an awesome device if its running android.
    acovey likes this.
    09-11-15 09:52 AM
    eff no. ill say this, rumours are roughly 85% true. based on this internal info some things are a little different or looks different based on the photos ive seen.. whoever says this isn't real, is an *****. and whoever wishes this to be bb10 - dream on, this thing is essentially a z30 with android as an OS with a nice twist to some BB10 apps. I'm pleased and I have money waiting for it..

However, seems like were only getting one colour in Canada(might the wrong), who knows. unless BlackBerry pulls a Note 5 move and only launches one colour and will probably release others down the road(BOO if that's the case, I find this super annoying).
    pretty sure there will be 2 colors at least, black and white

The white Q10 and Z30 were only launched a few months later aswell after tha black ones.

Well, Blackberry itself showed 2 colors didn't they?
    September 29th+-slider_ronlouks.jpg
    00stryder likes this.
    09-11-15 10:05 AM
    pretty sure there will be 2 colors at least, black and white

The white Q10 and Z30 were only launched a few months later aswell after tha black ones.

Well, Blackberry itself showed 2 colors didn't they?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slider_ronlouks.jpg 
Views:	2037 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	370871
    All I'm saying is the carrier is showing only one colour. that may change.

and as far as BB10 goes, to the other question, I see no change in the current line up or EOL. But that can happen at anytime.

I also have a date, and it falls in line with other rumours but a bit earlier. Think of the date for the passport... that should put it in line(not the release date by BlackBerry directly, but when the carriers launched it)... if you have a way to check the month/date do it, itll fall in line with what I'm seeing. But this info can change at anytime. what im reading is a basic placeholder until the day of launch...
    09-11-15 10:27 AM
    As someone mentioned earlier: The BlackBerry Slider will be the flagship "Nexus" device for Android at Work. It's the best what Google and BlackBerry could have done to 1. Establish Android as a business OS and 2. Make BlackBerry successful in their core business again. Don't get it why so many here think that it won't happen.

Posted via CB10
    Seems pretty logical. And this deal might be the avenue for full play store access on bb10 devices.
    09-11-15 10:44 AM
    I don't think we will hear anything at the Code/Mobile Oct 7-8 in California and on earning call beside leak images. If the Slider is very important to the company success, it will send out event invitation to the press. I say it here first in case if you don't hear anything on that day, don't be upset!
    09-11-15 10:46 AM
    Re: BB10.

This carrier(and I wont say names, BUT it's a carrier that supported BlackBerry for a very long time), has NO BB10 versions in the system.

So if there is a BB10 version, carriers(or atleast this carrier) is not opting in to carry it. Surprised? I'm not.

BB10 is good for the people that want it, but wait til you see this in action. I've only seen stock photos on our internal site so no videos but it looks good... trust me... you'll all forget BB10. In a year people will be like

Jason: "Yo remember BlackBerry 10?"
    Sandra: "BlackBerry what?!"

lol...
    Not everyone wants Google to control their phone and data mine it to death.
    acovey and Allanon89 like this.
    09-11-15 11:23 AM
    If it was something new (NOT ANDROID) I would gladly leave BB10, otherwise its BB10, windows or IOS only for me. I cant see this being such an awesome device if its running android.
    If it is android, it can be hopefully rooted and we can install Linux on it.
    Otherwise, it's good bye. BlackBerry phones for me. Can't accept Google on my phone.
    acovey and anon(3983727) like this.
    09-11-15 11:29 AM
    I have seen rumors that although it will have Google services and features, the data will be stored on BlackBerry secured servers instead of Googles standard consumer data farms - allowing all the standard services to run but hosting data on a better secured server that won't be selling your info.

Seems improbable and highly unlikely, just repeating something I've read.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    09-11-15 11:41 AM
    If it is android, it can be hopefully rooted and we can install Linux on it.
    Otherwise, it's good bye. BlackBerry phones for me. Can't accept Google on my phone.
    Or install OS10 on it. I really really hope it fails miserably. Even if it leads to the death of Blackberry totally, we need the next OS to pop up and give us some more diversity. Last thing we need is ANOTHER android device on the market.
    acovey and Allanon89 like this.
    09-11-15 11:44 AM
    my guy doesn't trust your guy
    My guy is with your guy Cynycl, especially since he's at the FCC... No FCC okey-dokey, no CDMA Passport.
    Cynycl likes this.
    09-11-15 11:44 AM
    Or install OS10 on it. I really really hope it fails miserably. Even if it leads to the death of Blackberry totally, we need the next OS to pop up and give us some more diversity. Last thing we need is ANOTHER android device on the market.
    There is virtually zero chance of a brand new OS making any sort of progress AT ALL in today's market. Too much of a headstart from Android and iOS in their development and app library.

We live in a follow-the-leader type marketing based world. The best OS ever made can release tomorrow and if it's not Android or iOS it wont make a dent in market share. Even a giant like Samsung tried and failed miserably to market their own mobile OS.

09-11-15 11:47 AM
    There is virtually zero chance of a brand new OS making any sort of progress AT ALL in today's market. Too much of a headstart from Android and iOS in their development and app library.

We live in a follow-the-leader type marketing based world. The best OS ever made can release tomorrow and if it's not Android or iOS it wont make a dent in market share. Even a giant like Samsung tried and failed miserably to market their own mobile OS.

I agree to a point. It has been done before several times.
    The 2nd biggest issue is it has got to be innovate and not try to outdo what the others already have perfected. But the primary problem is public perception. Google dug into its deep pockets to advertise its POS platform and for some reason it took off even while it was very uncompetitive and incomplete. Popularity has helped it to improve drastically but in the act has eliminated competition and kept new ideas limited to Google and Apple's software designers ideas.
    Allanon89 likes this.
    09-11-15 12:07 PM
    My guy is with your guy Cynycl, especially since he's at the FCC... No FCC okey-dokey, no CDMA Passport.
    I didn't care if your guy works at the FCC. My guy never claimed to having a testing unit. So there won't be any FCC involment at this point. Okey dokey.
    Last edited by fadi.alsaidi; 09-11-15 at 12:41 PM.
    09-11-15 12:11 PM
    I have seen rumors that although it will have Google services and features, the data will be stored on BlackBerry secured servers instead of Googles standard consumer data farms - allowing all the standard services to run but hosting data on a better secured server that won't be selling your info.

Seems improbable and highly unlikely, just repeating something I've read.

Have there been any hacks on Google's servers? I haven't heard of one in the last years. And Google doesn't sell your info, they let advertisers target people with ads, but the advertisers NEVER gets to see any of your data.
    09-11-15 12:28 PM

I agree, but it isn't about marketing; its more about overall functionality. The OSes with the best customization possibilities do best in the market.
    09-11-15 12:34 PM
    I agree, but it isn't about marketing; its more about overall functionality. The OSes with the best customization possibilities do best in the market.
    That is not true. iPhone is easily the least customizable and it was king for a while.... still 2nd place by a long shot. Its public perception, it doesn't matter what is actually better or cheaper in the end. Some celebrity wearing some ultra tight jeans admired by the majority sets the trend. We are a hive minded species and the outliers are either trendsetters or irrelevant.
    09-11-15 12:54 PM
    The force is with you, giving you the power of NOT using a Google Account and Google Services. It's up to you. Sideload your Apk's then!

Posted via CB10
    Cynycl, Tre Lawrence and madx80h like this.
    09-11-15 01:25 PM
    That is not true. iPhone is easily the least customizable and it was king for a while.... still 2nd place by a long shot. Its public perception, it doesn't matter what is actually better or cheaper in the end. Some celebrity wearing some ultra tight jeans admired by the majority sets the trend. We are a hive minded species and the outliers are either trendsetters or irrelevant.
    I am talking about applications.

Once upon a time, device makers struggled to make devices that fit everybody. These were buttressed by applications that cost as much as desktop programs. It wasn't the best method, but it worked for me on Palm and BlackBerry devices.

Apple didn't come up with the affordable a la carte system, but it sure perfected it. An app store with relatively cheap utilities that allow one to customize their own experience? I didn't see it at the time, but it was a great concept. Now, everyone can have a mini-computer that has just the pieces he/she wants to get through the day.

I know that on BlackBerry, we like to think that we are the last bastion of uniqueness on earth (LOL!), but, beyond the fallacy of gauging individuality from electronics, when it comes to making a device one's own, BB10 gives folks significantly less options than others.
    09-11-15 01:29 PM
    That is not true. iPhone is easily the least customizable
    HUH?
    09-11-15 01:41 PM
    All I'm saying is the carrier is showing only one colour. that may change.

and as far as BB10 goes, to the other question, I see no change in the current line up or EOL. But that can happen at anytime.

I also have a date, and it falls in line with other rumours but a bit earlier. Think of the date for the passport... that should put it in line(not the release date by BlackBerry directly, but when the carriers launched it)... if you have a way to check the month/date do it, itll fall in line with what I'm seeing. But this info can change at anytime. what im reading is a basic placeholder until the day of launch...
    1) will there be any "frills" for current BB10 devices when this Slider launches? (I.E. Some for of improved google runtime?)

2) will 3rd party bb10 apps from BBW work on this new slider?

3)can you be more descriptive with the screen size? Just wanna know cuz I can do the massive screen thing, and if this is bigger than the Z30 I'm gonna buy something else now and not wait for it.

Q10 on 10.3.2.2474
    09-11-15 02:05 PM
    I can't hold out any longer, give me more leaks or I'm getting the passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 02:07 PM
    1) will there be any "frills" for current BB10 devices when this Slider launches? (I.E. Some for of improved google runtime?)

3)can you be more descriptive with the screen size? Just wanna know cuz I can do the massive screen thing, and if this is bigger than the Z30 I'm gonna buy something else now and not wait for it.

Q10 on 10.3.2.2474
    This, and the price and battery size.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 02:10 PM
    I struggle to believe that the slider will be Android Only... I mean, the cost of loading a percentage of devices with BB10 instead of android will be minimal. Maybe the carriers won't get the BB10 version, but I'm sure at least fromm Blackberry.com, you should be able to get a BB10 slider. And who knows if the Android version plausible success can bring some light of BB10 to the general public aswell.
    ayngling, motec bb, acovey and 1 others like this.
    09-11-15 02:40 PM
    I can't hold out any longer, give me more leaks or I'm getting the passport.

Posted via CB10
    your call

This, and the price and battery size.

Posted via CB10
    cant reveal specs.

Q10 on 10.3.2.2474
    1) idk, I only have slider info.
    2) doesn't appear so, but I dont have a whole lot of info on it other than a few short(er) paragraphs and specs.
    3) def a big screen, comparable to the s6 edge+ screen.
    09-11-15 03:27 PM
    your call

cant reveal specs.

1) idk, I only have slider info.
    2) doesn't appear so, but I dont have a whole lot of info on it other than a few short(er) paragraphs and specs.
    3) def a big screen, comparable to the s6 edge+ screen.
    Verry big thank you for all the information man!!!
    If you know anything about the current devices and the possibilaty to update to the venice os, please give a hint
    I don't need the venice, but would love to be able to update my passport

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 03:58 PM
120 12345