Quite obvious BlackBerry is waiting for Android 6.0 marshmallows to be released which is September 29th(same day the new line of Nexus devices are coming to market). So I have no reason to doubt we wont see this Venice slider revealed a few days after, or at Code/Mobile Oct 7-8 in California..

Think about it, they don't want to take anyones spotlight(IFA = numerous android devices), early sept = iPhones, end of Sept = Nexus.. so early October we will see this finally get revealed. No doubt about it.

Just a month away... we'll make it, I know some of us are fiends lol.
    EuthanasiaUK likes this.
    09-10-15 11:53 AM
    I'd either on the 25 because of their earnings call or that October like everyone is saying. I'm leaning more towards for former as that's closer to the previous two flagships
    09-10-15 12:05 PM
    I'd either on the 25 because of their earnings call or that October like everyone is saying. I'm leaning more towards for former as that's closer to the previous two flagships
    which previous two flagships? classic was revealed in june 2014, released dec 2014, passport was similar if my memory serves me right.
    09-10-15 12:13 PM
    which previous two flagships? classic was revealed in june 2014, released dec 2014, passport was similar if my memory serves me right.
    Z30 and Passport. Passport launched on 24th Sept.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 12:46 PM
    I think they have to announce before the earnings call, or they'll take a beating on both Venice and Android questions.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    09-10-15 01:18 PM
    Earlier in the summer I heard a rumor that to me made no sense, but now I can't help but wonder if maybe BlackBerry and Google are going to blow us all out of the water with an announcement that we wouldn't expect...A Blackberry Nexus device that is the flagship phone for Android at Work. It's been rumored that Google is hoping to make a big deal of the new BlackBerry device so maybe it will be announced as a nexus device? Who knows, at time point there's not much that would surprise me.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 01:46 PM
    Earlier in the summer I heard a rumor that to me made no sense, but now I can't help but wonder if maybe BlackBerry and Google are going to blow us all out of the water with an announcement that we wouldn't expect...A Blackberry Nexus device that is the flagship phone for Android at Work. It's been rumored that Google is hoping to make a big deal of the new BlackBerry device so maybe it will be announced as a nexus device? Who knows, at time point there's not much that would surprise me.

Posted via CB10
    That seems highly unlikely but would be amazing!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 02:31 PM
    Quite obvious BlackBerry is waiting for Android 6.0 marshmallows to be released which is September 29th(same day the new line of Nexus devices are coming to market). So I have no reason to doubt we wont see this Venice slider revealed a few days after, or at Code/Mobile Oct 7-8 in California..

Think about it, they don't want to take anyones spotlight(IFA = numerous android devices), early sept = iPhones, end of Sept = Nexus.. so early October we will see this finally get revealed. No doubt about it.

Just a month away... we'll make it, I know some of us are fiends lol.
    I hate to be a downer but I checked with my guy today to see if he got a test unit and he didn't. My guy usually receives his testing unit about 3-5 Weekes before launch. Here is some some good news he told me that Verizon will be getting the passport but I can't tell you when :'(
    09-10-15 03:15 PM
    Too bad American won't be getting it before us Canadians
    09-10-15 03:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    This years Nexus phones will be LG and Huawei

Google Nexus 2015: Rumors, News, Specs, Release | Digital Trends
    09-10-15 03:30 PM
    I hate to be a downer but I checked with my guy today to see if he got a test unit and he didn't. My guy usually receives his testing unit about 3-5 Weekes before launch. Here is some some good news he told me that Verizon will be getting the passport but I can't tell you when :'(
    my guy doesn't trust your guy
    FF22 likes this.
    09-10-15 03:30 PM
    my guy doesn't trust your guy
    Lol. Except your guy never met my guy and he doesn't work for Verizon. I know no one would take this seriously but honstly this is a very reliable information.
    Cynycl and FF22 like this.
    09-10-15 03:37 PM
    Z30 and Passport. Passport launched on 24th Sept.

Posted via CB10
    Z30 was never advertised and was not a flagship
    Irish Blues likes this.
    09-10-15 03:58 PM
    Going out on a limb of speculation here, but maybe Google is wanting to have something similar to its Google Play Edition or Silver program, but focused on work devices. Essentially endorsing an OEM's phone as being almost a Nexus. /end speculation
    niagarawalls likes this.
    09-10-15 05:45 PM
    They could just make a Nexus for business line- it then would be a triple threat alliance between BlackBerry, Samsung and Google.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 06:18 PM
    They could just make a Nexus for business line- it then would be a triple threat alliance between BlackBerry, Samsung and Google.

Posted via CB10
    I want to punch you in the stupid.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 06:56 PM
    I want to punch you in the stupid.

Posted via CB10
    Don't do that, it would just activate the stupid more- do you really want that?

I'll start talking about WebOS again!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 07:14 PM
    If my memory serves me right Verizon released the Z30 in November.

We are close two years later

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 07:41 PM
    Talking with my cell rep today he has the unit and is trying it and says it's great running full android he figures November till we get units. I look forward to getting it it

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 08:23 PM
    Talking with my cell rep today he has the unit and is trying it and says it's great running full android he figures November till we get units. I look forward to getting it it

Posted via CB10
    Is he a rep at a wireless carrier or a blackberry rep?
    09-10-15 08:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    What about the hub, blend, etc?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 09:54 PM
    So, I saw the venice today for my own eyes. On a screen, in an internal database for a carrier.. do I risk my job and leak it? lol.... It's not what it appears to be(without being specific incase only one carrier has info about it and I reveal myself to my superiors)...
    09-10-15 11:14 PM
    So, I saw the venice today for my own eyes. On a screen, in an internal database for a carrier.. do I risk my job and leak it? lol.... It's not what it appears to be(without being specific incase only one carrier has info about it and I reveal myself to my superiors)...
    I have a Z30 and looking at getting a new phone... So based on what you know... should I get a Passport or wait for the Slider?
    09-10-15 11:17 PM
    I have a Z30 and looking at getting a new phone... So based on what you know... should I get a Passport or wait for the Slider?
    YES(edit: yes wait, but make sure you have some hefty $ laying around)! Based on some generic write up, this thing is better but also worse then I expected. Again, without revealing anything. Does show a timeframe of when they will try "upselling" this and it's definitely coming up shortly. I'm used dumbed down wording and being as generic as possible. Don't want to be [put title of carrier here]-ed, lol.
    09-10-15 11:25 PM
    YES(edit: yes wait, but make sure you have some hefty $ laying around)! Based on some generic write up, this thing is better but also worse then I expected. Again, without revealing anything. Does show a timeframe of when they will try "upselling" this and it's definitely coming up shortly. I'm used dumbed down wording and being as generic as possible. Don't want to be [put title of carrier here]-ed, lol.
    What do you mean by worse?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 11:29 PM
120 123 ...