So this can partly be my fault, but yesterday when the new updates came out, I had pushed through all (hub, hub services, contacts, notes, task, IG, LinkedIN, few others)

After the update was completed, I reset and went on with my day. Later to check my calendar, I noticed all empty...went to the hub and saw that all my Email accounts were missing, and new notifications for setup of social apps (pinterest, IG, twitter)

Went back and added all accounts and moved on.

However just now I checked my notes - ALL GONE!!

This is yet to happen!! Has this happened to anyone else? I've yet to do a back-up, especially considering it was just an app update.

Is there any possibility to restore?

Notes app won't let me add an account and just says it's saved locally...is there a root access to find it?

Cheers
    09-10-16 02:32 PM
    So this can partly be my fault, but yesterday when the new updates came out, I had pushed through all (hub, hub services, contacts, notes, task, IG, LinkedIN, few others)

After the update was completed, I reset and went on with my day. Later to check my calendar, I noticed all empty...went to the hub and saw that all my Email accounts were missing, and new notifications for setup of social apps (pinterest, IG, twitter)

This is yet to happen!! Has this happened to anyone else? I've yet to do a back-up, especially considering it was just an app update.

Notes app won't let me add an account and just says it's saved locally...is there a root access to find it?

Cheers
    Did you do any "cleanup" like cleaning a cache or cleaning up data? When that happened to me, I accidentally cleared out data from either BB Services or something similar (I followed advice about getting some update!!!!). Since it was not too early on with the Priv, I did add all of my accounts again (which synced my contacts and calendar, too), but I reused the Content Transfer app to get Remember notes back into the Priv Note app (used it, too, to get back my few dozen sms texts). But if your Notes are solely from the Priv, you are probably out of luck.

But that also did teach me - Notes does not seem to have any backup method or sync method. So I have stopped using it. That does not help you currently.
    09-10-16 03:13 PM
    Thanks for the advise.

Yeah it was basically lost on the Priv. I haven't seen found anything else online to find out or provide a search/back-up.

Are there any other good apps for notes?
    This is the biggest BS I find with the Priv, that the most simplest apps need to be downloaded
    09-10-16 03:56 PM
    Thanks for the advise.

Yeah it was basically lost on the Priv. I haven't seen found anything else online to find out or provide a search/back-up.

This is the biggest BS I find with the Priv, that the most simplest apps need to be downloaded
    I have been using Note Everything. It is similar to Notes, not very big or all inclusive like Remember in BB10. But it does contain an export option. I have not tried any kind of restoration.

I'm not sure if the Priv is alone in not having "subsidiary" apps or if that's the way many Android devices are.
    gqmovement likes this.
    09-10-16 05:21 PM
    Thanks for the advise.

Color Notes with auto daily backup!
    gqmovement likes this.
    09-10-16 06:20 PM
    Color Notes with auto daily backup!
    Can you provide a link or the name of the developer? Thanks.
    09-10-16 08:17 PM
    Can you provide a link or the name of the developer? Thanks.
    I think this might be the one. I use it. It's nice for shopping lists.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pad.color.note

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    gqmovement likes this.
    09-10-16 08:34 PM
    Backup all of my notes to Google Keep because that's the only way I can trust the use of that application. That said the remember application in my passport was far superior and I didn't even appreciate that until I started using this device.
    gqmovement likes this.
    09-10-16 08:45 PM
    Will defo check this out! Thanks
    09-11-16 01:03 AM
    I know the feeling. So sad that we think we're moving onto something better, and the small things are what we miss the most.

Will try using Google keep.
    09-11-16 01:04 AM

Cheers
    I had the same issue on the previous update back in August.

Fortunately I still had my notes saved via BlackBerry Link and I still have a p9982 kicking around so I used content transfer app to get most back but it was not good. As the member above has done ...i also have moved on to another note option
    FF22 likes this.
    09-11-16 01:32 AM
    Lucky you had some left. I had lost it once on the Priv and started a new and now gone!! Baahhh terrible

Hopefully something better will come along.

You would think that this is a native app and that there would be some back-up somewhere - again for native apps.
    09-11-16 03:38 PM
    Lucky you had some left. I had lost it once on the Priv and started a new and now gone!! Baahhh terrible

Hopefully something better will come along.

You would think that this is a native app and that there would be some back-up somewhere - again for native apps.
    Maybe there is BUT IF SO, WHERE?

Cody of BB recently did deal with the fact that the Notes app was not allowing edits or losing edits. So maybe he knows if there's a backup/restore for them?
    09-11-16 04:32 PM
    This just happened to me. I did some cache cleanup and lost my notes in the Notes app. Thankfully, my important notes in Password Keeper remained. Is there no way to back up notes in the Notes app?
    04-26-17 05:04 PM
    This just happened to me. I did some cache cleanup and lost my notes in the Notes app. Thankfully, my important notes in Password Keeper remained. Is there no way to back up notes in the Notes app?
    Save each note via share to Keep...
    gqmovement likes this.
    04-26-17 05:09 PM
    What update is this
    04-26-17 05:15 PM
    This is a seven month old thread!
    04-26-17 07:00 PM
    This is a seven month old thread!
    A person did a search and had the same kind of issue [but different] only with their Notes app. So they posted here.
    gqmovement likes this.
    04-27-17 07:54 AM
    I never found any back-ups or a way to trace it back.

And in the update, my notes in password were gone too! Again not sure why this happened? On BB10 and older when an update was made, everything was kept. I couldn't care less about emails/texts, but this stuff mattered the most.

I've moved over to 'simplenote' works amazing and works on all platforms.

Makes me a bit sad to be writing this on my Priv, using blackberry that we love, half the OS is junked and not what it used to be.
    04-27-17 08:08 AM