Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    So, it's official. I'm not happy at all with the Blackberry Priv. I've been with it for a month now and This week I went back to using my Passport. I don't like android what so ever. The camera on it is so slow. It keeps freezing and shutting down apps as I'm using them. Over heats like a ******* ***** and right now I'm seriously considering just throwing it on the wall. I just wish BB10 was available on it and BB10 had more apps. I disabled BB Hub on the Priv because it wouldn't open anything. Lagged so much it made me crazy. Battery on it is nothing like advertised. I charge it about 2-3 times a day. Let me just say before everyone starts saying I'm using it too much, during work i barely use it. then at home I log onto facebook, snapchat and other apps but nothing that would make a phone need to be charged 2-3 times. Anyways, It's now on craigslist and I hope it sells. Worst phone by Blackberry? NO. Worst software decision? YES. Definitely should have run it through multiple tests before making it available to the public.
    12-10-15 10:16 AM
    So, it's official. I'm not happy at all with the Blackberry Priv. I've been with it for a month now and This week I went back to using my Passport. I don't like android what so ever. The camera on it is so slow. It keeps freezing and shutting down apps as I'm using them. Over heats like a ******* ***** and right now I'm seriously considering just throwing it on the wall. I just wish BB10 was available on it and BB10 had more apps. I disabled BB Hub on the Priv because it wouldn't open anything. Lagged so much it made me crazy. Battery on it is nothing like advertised. I charge it about 2-3 times a day. Let me just say before everyone starts saying I'm using it too much, during work i barely use it. then at home I log onto facebook, snapchat and other apps but nothing that would make a phone need to be charged 2-3 times. Anyways, It's now on craigslist and I hope it sells. Worst phone by Blackberry? NO. Worst software decision? YES. Definitely should have run it through multiple tests before making it available to the public.
    Post a screenshot of your battery usage plz.
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 12-10-15 at 10:50 AM.
    12-10-15 10:18 AM
    Hilarious! I have no problems with my Priv....and just placed my Passport for sale on Craigslist this morning!!!
    12-10-15 10:19 AM
    I wonder what I doing that's so right because I don't have any of the issues you have.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-10-15 10:19 AM
    No issues here either but I am typing on a Passport right now.
    12-10-15 10:28 AM
    I may exaggerated on the charging 2-3 times a day due to frustration. It's not everyday that happens. But I do have to charge it twice. Wake up with a full charge (100%), I check my notifications which usually takes about 10-15 min. By the time I'm done it's down to like 90%. Half way through the day without even really using the phone its down to 50%. When i leave work around 5pm, it's already getting down to about 20%-30%. But, knowing how you guys need proof for everything. I will start to monitor the phone until it's sold and take screenshots that way you will see that it's not all suspect..
    12-10-15 10:36 AM
    I may exaggerated on the charging 2-3 times a day due to frustration. It's not everyday that happens. But I do have to charge it twice. Wake up with a full charge (100%), I check my notifications which usually takes about 10-15 min. By the time I'm done it's down to like 90%. Half way through the day without even really using the phone its down to 50%. When i leave work around 5pm, it's already getting down to about 20%-30%. But, knowing how you guys need proof for everything. I will start to monitor the phone until it's sold and take screenshots that way you will see that it's not all suspect..
    Curious.... have you tried using a QualComm certified quick charger yet? BTW, the Priv does not come with one.... they are sold separately.
    12-10-15 10:39 AM
    Sounds like you're having the BlackBerry Services drain if I had to guess. There's no reason to lose approximately 1% / minute of SoT, and even less reason to see it drain that much when it's not in use. Have you searched the threads for this problem? My Priv developed this issue after a few weeks, but I caught it and fixed it. Everything is back to normal now.

12-10-15 10:39 AM
    Hard reset works wonders

12-10-15 10:40 AM
    My co-worker has a Priv. None of these problems.

Probably something wrong with your phone. Maybe an early build?

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    12-10-15 10:43 AM
    My co-worker has a Priv. None of these problems.

Probably something wrong with your phone. Maybe an early build?

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    There's nothing wrong with the early builds.
    12-10-15 10:44 AM
    Sounds like you're having the BlackBerry Services drain if I had to guess. There's no reason to lose approximately 1% / minute of SoT, and even less reason to see it drain that much when it's not in use. Have you searched the threads for this problem? My Priv developed this issue after a few weeks, but I caught it and fixed it. Everything is back to normal now.

I have not looked into this. What did it do for you?
    12-10-15 11:00 AM
    Hard reset works wonders

I've done that but same stuff kept happening.
    12-10-15 11:01 AM
    Hopefully the At&t update will be pushed soon and you will have a better experience before yours gets sold, if not can't blame you. Sometimes a phone just isn't for everyone.
    bredamota likes this.
    12-10-15 11:08 AM
    I have not looked into this. What did it do for you?
    The drain? I was down to 1-2 hours of SoT (normal should be 4-6 on 4G), and my battery was draining badly even when idle. You should be able to make it through a day with the usage you described with zero problems.

I noticed the issue by looking at my battery stats and noticing "BlackBerry Services" was consuming most of it, even exceeding my SoT. I don't know if there was ever any consensus as to an "official" fix, but mine was resolved by opening Settings->Apps->All, and systematically clearing the cache / force stopping every single BlackBerry process and app I could identify. I don't even remember needing to restart my phone, but that issue came out of nowhere and hasn't returned since.

12-10-15 11:10 AM
    something is def wrong with your phone, I think you should do a hard reset then let see how things are. I was getting terrible battery life, but since i have a lot of experience with android i knew that it was software related.
    12-10-15 01:48 PM
    How to do a hard reset folks? I need help

12-10-15 03:21 PM
    How to do a hard reset folks? I need help

There's most likely nothing wrong with your phone. Mine was made APRIL and it's amazing. You most likely need to delete your email account if you have exchange or imported using the transfer tool. This seems to be your problem. Do a factory reset and look at other posts regarding this issue if you desire to keep your Priv. If not, sell it, you may make a profit if you don't bash it in your post.

Posted from my Priv
    12-10-15 06:32 PM
    Sorry you've had a bad experience with your Priv. Mine has been working very well, would buy again.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv
    12-10-15 07:30 PM
    Have you used a QualComm certified 2.0 quick charger yet? The reason I ask is because I have a theory. Is it a valid theory? Probably not. In fact, it's probably 100% worthless, but it's a theory nonetheless.

I get about 3.5 hours of screen time using about 50% battery. I've been so busy lately, I haven't had the need to use it more than 50%. But regardless, I can roughly estimate that 98% battery would put me somewhere around the 7 hour mark, which isn't too bad.

When I first got my Priv, the battery life was horrendous. Using 98% of my battery would give me about 3.5 hours of screen time, so you could say my battery life has doubled in recent weeks. It all changed when I started using a QualComm certified quick charger. Could that be a coincidence? I suppose so, but it is worthy to note that the QualComm chargers actually "talk" to the QualComm chip inside the Priv. My (probably utterly wrong) theory is that the Priv's battery is a bit haywire at first, and once you use a QualComm charger, the battery sort of "resets" through the communication between the charger and the chip.

Again, that's probably a worthless theory. Perhaps it was only a coincidence that my battery life started to improve right when I began using the QualComm 2.0 charger. But... thought I would pass it on anyway.
    Last edited by ce71; 12-10-15 at 08:43 PM.
    12-10-15 07:57 PM
    Have you used a QualComm certified 2.0 quick charger yet? The reason I ask is because I have a theory. Is it a valid theory? Probably not. In fact, it's probably 100% worthless, but it's a theory nonetheless.

I get about 3.5 hours of screen time using about 50% battery. I've been so busy lately, I haven't had the need to use it more than 50%. But regardless, I can roughly estimate that 98% battery would put me somewhere around the 7 hour mark, which isn't too bad.

When I first got my Priv, the battery life was horrendous. Using 98% of my battery would give me about 3.5 hours of screen time, so you could say my battery life has doubled in recent weeks. It all changed when I started using a QualComm certified quick charger. Could that be a coincidence? I suppose so, but it is worthy to note that the QualComm chargers actually "talk" to the QualComm chip inside the Priv. My (probably utterly wrong) theory is that the Priv's battery is a bit haywire at first, and once you use a QualComm charger, it sort of "resets" it through the communication between the charger and the chip.

Again, that's probably a worthless theory. Perhaps it was only a coincidence that my battery life started to improve right when I began using the QualComm 2.0 charger. But... thought I would pass it on anyway.
    Off topic, but which Qualcomm quick charger do you recommend? (I don't have any issues with the Privy. I was just thinking it can be a nice perk )
    12-10-15 08:33 PM
    Off topic, but which Qualcomm quick charger do you recommend? (I don't have any issues with the Privy. I was just thinking it can be a nice perk )
    Well, I picked up one on Amazon made by a company called Anker. They're supposedly well-known and I've found the QuickCharge capability to definitely live up to the hype.

Even though the Priv only supports QuickCharge 2.0, I picked up a 3.0 rated charger because I read in the spec sheet that they are backwards-compatible (it was one of the QualComm requirements). I also grabbed a QuickCharge 2.0 for my car. Even with my Passport, if I was utilizing my Google Maps and TuneIn Radio while on a road trip, the Passport would charge very slow (if at all). Now, I can use Google Maps, Tune-in, and Bluetooth... and the phone will still nearly charge at 1% every minute.

Think of it like this. A quick midday 20-min charge... and you're nearly adding 20% battery life. Not bad.

But again... the odd thing is to see my battery life steadily improving week after week. It's just really strange.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    12-10-15 08:41 PM
    Well, I picked up one on Amazon made by a company called Anker. They're supposedly well-known and I've found the QuickCharge capability to definitely live up to the hype.

Even though the Priv only supports QuickCharge 2.0, I picked up a 3.0 rated charger because I read in the spec sheet that they are backwards-compatible (it was one of the QualComm requirements). I also grabbed a QuickCharge 2.0 for my car. Even with my Passport, if I was utilizing my Google Maps and TuneIn Radio while on a road trip, the Passport would charge very slow (if at all). Now, I can use Google Maps, Tune-in, and Bluetooth... and the phone will still nearly charge at 1% every minute.

Think of it like this. A quick midday 20-min charge... and you're nearly adding 20% battery life. Not bad.

But again... the odd thing is to see my battery life steadily improving week after week. It's just really strange.
    Just a heads up on the Anker charger... It's a good charger (I bought one) and think that the LED green/blue is a nice touch, but I'd highly recommend the Aukey quick charger over the Anker.

I'm now pretty much solely using the Aukey and the Anker is in the living room for the family if anyone needs some juice.

DolemiteDONS likes this.
    12-11-15 10:43 AM
    Just a heads up on the Anker charger... It's a good charger (I bought one) and think that the LED green/blue is a nice touch, but I'd highly recommend the Aukey quick charger over the Anker.

I'm now pretty much solely using the Aukey and the Anker is in the living room for the family if anyone needs some juice.

Cool... I'll check it out. Thanks!
    RLTurn77 likes this.
    12-11-15 10:46 AM