Did a wipe but apparently his Google account still associated with phone. Just need to have him sign out of it, right?
    Seller forgot to sign out of Google account.-img_20160719_193330.jpg

Posted via CB10
    07-21-16 10:41 AM
    The Seller have to sign out. The best is if you make it Factory Reset also. Just to make sure.

When the Seller don't sign out you can't really use the Phone fully!

 B L A C K B E R R Y [ P R I V ]  | CB APP | A N D R O I D
    07-21-16 11:04 AM
    no it is the anti-theft feature. Unfortunately you need his password to use the phone. Either he gives you his google password and let you go through once you are fully setup you then need to factory reset the phone again before you are able to use it with someone else's google ID.
    How to Factory Reset your BlackBerry Priv | CrackBerry.com
    07-21-16 12:51 PM
    Hopefully he did not sold you a stolen phone

 B L A C K B E R R Y [ P R I V ]  | CB APP | A N D R O I D
    07-21-16 12:59 PM
    Nah. I met him at his job. He'd given me his home address as well. Finally got him on phone. He gave me password and we got it signed out. Priv working fine now.

Thanks to y'all for helping me solve this problem.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and bakron1 like this.
    07-22-16 08:38 AM
    Nah. I met him at his job. He'd given me his home address as well. Finally got him on phone. He gave me password and we got it signed out. Priv working fine now.

Thanks to y'all for helping me solve this problem.

Posted via CB10
    He gave you his password? Hope he remembers to change it after the fact...
    07-22-16 10:33 AM
    I reminded him. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 01:51 PM
    He gave you his password? Hope he remembers to change it after the fact...
    If he didn't, then anything bad is on him. Seriously though, have you ever tried signing into someone else's Google account from a new computer? It immediately flags it, I know from having to help out family members.
    07-22-16 04:28 PM
    If he didn't, then anything bad is on him. Seriously though, have you ever tried signing into someone else's Google account from a new computer? It immediately flags it, I know from having to help out family members.

Yeah, even though it's not foolproof, it locks things down pretty quick.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    07-22-16 04:34 PM
    They do it geographically, and they don't always. Otherwise people using VPN connections or company PCs would have it flagged all the time. I know because my work PC and Wi-Fi has US IPs, and my phone jumps between the Canadian LTE address and the Wi-Fi IP.
    07-22-16 04:35 PM
    They do it geographically, and they don't always. Otherwise people using VPN connections or company PCs would have it flagged all the time. I know because my work PC and Wi-Fi has US IPs, and my phone jumps between the Canadian LTE address and the Wi-Fi IP.
    I've actually had it happen when I was helping a former colleague and her work computer and my computer were on the same street! They were over a kilometre apart but still... I always assumed it was something like a MAC address or IMEI, etc.
    07-22-16 04:49 PM
    Wait...so Android device security is incumbent upon signing in on the phone with a Google account?
    07-22-16 08:54 PM
    Nice, some people would've "taken advantage" which would probably also land them in bad places...

Edit: this post was intended as a quote for post #7.
    07-22-16 09:07 PM
    Wait...so Android device security is incumbent upon signing in on the phone with a Google account?
    Yes kinda like BlackBerry Protect
    07-22-16 09:24 PM
    That's why it's important to remove your Google account before doing a factory reset to prepare for a sale, otherwise you're just hassling yourself and your buyer.
    07-22-16 09:28 PM
    Yes kinda like BlackBerry Protect
    That's why it's important to remove your Google account before doing a factory reset to prepare for a sale, otherwise you're just hassling yourself and your buyer.
    So you can't use an OHA Android device (or at least the ones with anti-theft OS versions) without logging in with a Google account?
    07-22-16 09:32 PM
    So you can't use an OHA Android device (or at least the ones with anti-theft OS versions) without logging in with a Google account?
    You could, but not fully. Just like you can't use BlackBerry World without a BlackBerry ID.
    07-22-16 09:55 PM
    It's true. I get an email every time I log into my Gmail from another device.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    07-22-16 10:04 PM
    You could, but not fully. Just like you can't use BlackBerry World without a BlackBerry ID.
    So you can't use first party anti-theft without buying into the whole Google experience. Lovely.
    07-22-16 10:42 PM
    When you factory reset a Priv it actually prompts you before erasing and reseting that your Google account, Hub , etc will have data wipe. If you agree and press okay then everything is signed out and then phone is wiped.

Not sure how that was missed by seller but it does prompt you so this should never be an issue.

Price user since Nov 6, 2015
    07-23-16 05:24 AM
    When you factory reset a Priv it actually prompts you before erasing and reseting that your Google account, Hub , etc will have data wipe. If you agree and press okay then everything is signed out and then phone is wiped.

Not sure how that was missed by seller but it does prompt you so this should never be an issue.

Price user since Nov 6, 2015
    He didn't wipe he did a reset, that's the only way to explain it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-24-16 01:54 AM
    Reminds me of the time when I sold my BlackBerry Passport and wiped it using 10 invalid pins. Found out the theft protection wouldn't let the guy sign in.

I ended up giving him a temporary password to re-wipe the phone.

Posted via handy dandy PRIV
    Last edited by TheBond; 07-24-16 at 06:08 PM.
    07-24-16 05:21 AM
    I think you can even unlink a device after selling/sending in for DOA exchange...:
    https://security.google.com/settings/security/activity

Well of course this does apply to an original owner of a PRIV not BB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-24-16 10:59 AM
    The forced anti-theft feature (defaulting on) was demanded by the government.

Don't blame BlackBerry (and Google, and Apple) for complying with such a demand so long as you sit on your butt and refuse to rise for the purpose of demanding and enforcing the repeal of same.
    07-24-16 02:44 PM
    Did a wipe but apparently his Google account still associated with phone. Just need to have him sign out of it, right?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160719_193330.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	404475

Posted via CB10
    02-23-17 08:28 AM
27 12