It's showing out of stock online selfridges.
    11-06-15 09:31 AM
    It's showing out of stock online selfridges.
    I wouldn't read anything into that. The Passport showed out of stock as well at launch and they definitely had them in store because people on here bought them

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 09:44 AM
    Sorry, missed your post. I didn't actually ask if they had stock since I was roundly ignored by the assistant, and I really just wanted to try out the phone... I'd be amazed if they didn't though considering the half a dozen or so test units in there and the fact that they advertised online that today was the launch day.
    It's not likely they've sold out either, but worth calling ahead to check. Just keep trying if they don't answer

Posted via CB10
    grazie paolo !
    11-06-15 09:51 AM
    Well the Selfridges online page is no longer showing 'Official Launch 6th November'. Probably to stop people kicking off about not being able to buy!

I'm tempted to give Trafford Centre Selfridges a call again, just out of curiosity!
    11-06-15 10:05 AM
    just went in selfridges

today availabilaty soldout in 5 minutes , tonight they restok and than tomorrow will be available again

only at carphonewarehouse (exclusive) ?

hahahahahahahahhahahah
    11-06-15 10:11 AM
    just went in selfridges

today availabilaty soldout in 5 minutes , tonight they restok and than tomorrow will be available again

hahahahahahahahhahahah
    You don't happen to know if they had Passport SEs in stock?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-15 10:12 AM
    just went in selfridges

hahahahahahahahhahahah
    Sold out in 5mins? I guess that could be one explanation for the lethargic sales people at 10am. They must have had hardly any in stock though because I really find it hard to believe that in the half an hour of being open before I got there, there was supposedly a huge storm of interest, followed by tumbleweed immediately after...

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:22 AM
    You don't happen to know if they had Passport SEs in stock?

There is a silver version on the stand to try out, and the Web doesn't say sold out. I had never seen one before in the flesh and I have to say it looked rather special

Posted via CB10
    BBGeordie likes this.
    11-06-15 10:24 AM
    There is a silver version on the stand to try out, and the Web doesn't say sold out. I had never seen one before in the flesh and I have to say it looked rather special

Posted via CB10
    Good to know, thanks for the quick reply. I'm on Android at the moment but miss BB10`s speed, flow and peek. May have to treat myself to a SE

11-06-15 10:26 AM
    I just called and selected the option for the Manchester store.
    I ended up going through to a head office although I didn't know that til much later on in the call. She said the store will have stock later tonight so to call in tomorrow morning. I got excited as I'm in Manchester tomorrow and then she said Oxford Street so I was like - ummmm didn't I come through to Manchester? She said it doesn't matter the option you always go through to head office.
    Brilliant!

So she checked in the other stores for me (she called them) - apparently they've all cut ties with BlackBerry products and no longer stock them to buy in store unless it is Business or something.

The lady on the phone said they have had no stock all day and it isn't coming in until this evening.
    Sounds to me like the guy above who went into the London store was told that they'd sold out immediately just to try and build some hype and secure sales as people impulse decide they want it in case they miss out.
    chiccor1 likes this.
    11-06-15 10:30 AM
    Good to know, thanks for the quick reply. I'm on Android at the moment but miss BB10`s speed, flow and peek. May have to treat myself to a SE

It's a handsome device for sure. I spent a good few minutes admiring it. I don't really like the look of the AT&T round version but the round edges on the SE really suit it.

Posted via CB10
    BBGeordie likes this.
    11-06-15 10:33 AM

The lady on the phone said they have had no stock all day and it isn't coming in until this evening.
    Sounds to me like the guy above who went into the London store was told that they'd sold out immediately just to try and build some hype and secure sales as people impulse decide they want it in case they miss out.
    Now this really does make sense. As I said above, the idea that in 30mins between 0930 and 1000 there was a mad rush followed by zero interest in there apart from me just didn't sound believable. Also explains the salesperson not pushing it.

Why do people have to lie though?

Posted via CB10
    chiccor1 likes this.
    11-06-15 10:38 AM
    Exactly.
    I mean I'm all for people bigging up the situation to make it seem better than it is but that is flat out lying to customers.

If it were me I'd be trying to sell the hell out of the device to anyone showing an interest and telling them when stock is expected so there would potentially be a bit of buzz with people coming back to get them at 7pm when stock is going to be available.

At least then it give the impression of a demand and it makes the reps job easier because they will have done a good job earlier in the day selling the device to potential buyers by showing them what it can do and why it is worth owning on the display models.

Honestly. Give me a job doing it and I'll sell the bloody lot and end up making people go to the website to order because Id have sold out of all physical stock no trouble ha.
    BBGeordie likes this.
    11-06-15 10:47 AM
    Exactly.
    I mean I'm all for people bigging up the situation to make it seem better than it is but that is flat out lying to customers.

If it were me I'd be trying to sell the hell out of the device to anyone showing an interest and telling them when stock is expected so there would potentially be a bit of buzz with people coming back to get them at 7pm when stock is going to be available.

At least then it give the impression of a demand and it makes the reps job easier because they will have done a good job earlier in the day selling the device to potential buyers by showing them what it can do and why it is worth owning on the display models.

Honestly. Give me a job doing it and I'll sell the bloody lot and end up making people go to the website to order because Id have sold out of all physical stock no trouble ha.
    This is what happens when BlackBerry sack all of their full time UK reps. You end up with lacklustre support and uninformed staff.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:22 AM
    I checked out Selfridges' London store today at about 1pm and they had devices out to try but none available yet for sale. Sales rep said the sales units seemed to have been delayed in arriving, said possibly may come in at 5pm today else should be in tomorrow.

Unfortunately I won't be able to get back there until Monday now. They were also selling it at �579 so paying for the privilege of picking it up immediately - I may go the ShopBlackberry route.

There goes my weekend of playing with my new Priv...

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:30 AM
    Alas, the web site still states that ''THIS PRODUCT IS CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK.''

http://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/...LACKBERRYPRIV/

Selfridges London 'launch'-img_20151107_032828.png

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:32 PM
    Non existent Marketing, and a damaged reputation, Blackberry needs to spend money here to make money!
    11-06-15 12:35 PM
    I was there at 9.30am for opening this morning. Was told that they were expecting stock around 6pm this evening.
    Returned at 6.30pm. First guy I spoke to told me it had sold out. Went to guy at the counter who said they still hadn't received stock and that it would arrive over night. I don't think anyone really knew what was going on. Bit of a poor attempt at a launch event when you have no stock.
    Tempted to go back in the morning, but fear they will still have no stock.

It's like they don't want to sell the device....
    11-06-15 03:24 PM
    Was thinking about going into London in the morning to try and grab one... unfortunate that they've had no stock today...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-06-15 03:28 PM
    Plenty of stock in store, enough to last the weekend rep says! Head on down to Selfridges to grab your Priv!!!! Worth the train journey!

BBGeordie, Vampiro and Aneres11 like this.
    11-07-15 03:49 AM
    you can now order online

edit: went out of stock now
    11-07-15 03:57 AM
    Good for you man! Love to hear some thoughts!
    And I can't order online it still says out of stock?
    11-07-15 04:01 AM
    Selfridges London 'launch'-img_20151107_101238.pngif you're far out of London, yes you can order online

11-07-15 04:13 AM
    How strange I'm still getting out of stock?
    11-07-15 04:22 AM
    Just refresh a few times, I was able to order it online yesterday.

11-07-15 04:26 AM
74 123